Best solo PVE DPS class/advanced Class?

Kereberus

I just finished up my first character to 50 (Sith Juggernaut) and felt weak most of the time. Even when keeping up with Mods and such and using commendation vendors I still had to heal after a fight with two silvers together and blow every CD not to die.

So I want my second character to be a much stronger solo class, and for that i ask the forums, what is the current strongest solo PVE DPS class? One that can preform content alone without an issue

Well, you should be using your healing companion for extra survivability.

It sounds like you didn't have a great experience with a heavy armor DPS class like Jugg, so you might not like DPS Powertech/Vanguard, but I do feel like those choices are quite viable for solo PVE.

Your other option is to choose a stealth class. You can CC from stealth, stealth out of combat, etc. Very versatile, and you can usually bypass content you can't overcome by yourself. It's not impossible to solo many Heroic 4's with a stealther. So Imp side your choices would be Assassin or Operative, and Pub side Shadow and Scoundrel.

Personally my favorite class to solo on is Scoundrel/Operative. The CCs make soloing heroics a lot easier, they put out *loads* of damage, and have quite powerful off-heals as DPS. I run with a well-geared tank companion and can keep him up easily with my off-heals, and we kill stuff a lot faster than it can kill us.

Sage and scoundrel are good solo classes with excellent crowd control and good dps output. I would say telekinetics sage is the strongest solo-PvE spec I've played so far, but stealthing through trashmobs is sort of invaluable.

There is nothing like best and worst in classes in long term, there is what is fit for your playing style and what is not. All classes and disciplines are changing a lot so we can recommend something and you go for it , it can be nerfed next patch :) So it is better choosing a class that is fit for your own playing style and stick with it until you don't enjoy it anymore for whatever reason. Also you didn't mention what you want in details. You want a ranged DPS or melee DPS? You want a force user or tech user? You want a DPSer with lots of utilities that may help a group or you want a DPS only good for you? You want a stealther or a DPS with more direct approach?

You can see lots of people will recommend you everything in the game. But eventually you will see that there is no class who fights two hard opponents and doesn't need healing after fight. Even with a healing companion you can take a lot of damage and you can still need to pop your CD's and it is not a bad thing if you want to survive. Skills are there for you to use them not to be ashamed of using them. :p You seem like you want a Superman and there is none in game. ;)

My experience is probably more limited than some. Three toons to 60. Yes, stealth plus a 60 second CC make it easier, and make solo Heroics more tractable at similar leveling. You can take one Elite out of mandatory fight, bypass trash, and skip cave egress fights (though all subs can pretty much do the latter with Quick Travel now). Ranged is easier than melee. A good AOE helps with the preponderance of trash mobs. I haven’t used them, but I’ve been amazed how fast a gunslinger can clear trash in low-level FP’s.

Out of the three I’ve played, ranked easiest to toughest: Serenity Shadow JC > Medicine Operative IA > Vigilance Guardian JK. Shadow has all the tools. Downside being that she was squishy, and didn’t have the raw single target champion DPS that the Knight had.

But honestly, a lot of it is experience. Doing Shadow of Revan, I found my original JK to be the fastest, easiest, and most fun to play.

So based on my limited experience (and a fair amount of reading in choosing those toons and my next), I’d say Serenity Shadow. But any is viable. I’d pay more attention to how you like to play (ex: stealthing is slower, and effective use of CC’s requires turning off some of your comp’s AOE abilities). And also what class story to experience.

You must've used Kira instead of T7 or a healer in order to have such problems. Hint: game is meant to be played with a Tank/Healer companion. All the other are just...fun time filler. Ok, MDPS comps are invaluable to a Healer, but still.

As for the best solo PVE DPS class? Sharpshooter Gunslinger/Marksmanship Sniper closely followed by TkT Sage/Ltng Sorc. Both have PHENOMENAL AoE damage mixed with beautiful single target dmg(more so on Sniper, but Sage can offheal see) and a rotation that actually teaches you how to single target/multi target. Send in your tank companion(which is no problem because all of these 4 ACs get a tank companion FIRST!)...profit!

As for the best melee DPS. I'd say it'd be Infiltration Shadow/Deception Assassin. Things just die SO FAST, it's BEAUTIFUL! You have forced stealth, a lot of defensive CDs, a tank...what more could you ask for?

So:

The best RDPS class: Sharpshooter Gunslinger/Marksmanship Sniper

The best MDPS class: Infiltration Shadow/Deception Assassin

HAVE FUN!

Personally my favorite class to solo on is Scoundrel/Operative. The CCs make soloing heroics a lot easier, they put out *loads* of damage, and have quite powerful off-heals as DPS. I run with a well-geared tank companion and can keep him up easily with my off-heals, and we kill stuff a lot faster than it can kill us.

This is the ultimate solo class as far as I am concerned. My companion tank has his 192 and I am similarly geared. I can get through just about anything I need to and stealth by what I cannot.

Mercenary/Commando is also very good. Very high damage, terrific mobility, and the ability to self heal in addition to being heavily armored. The class really just chews through PvE content. Lastly, both Bounty Hunters and Troopers get their healing companions relatively early on, making things exponentially easier.

One thing I forgot to mention about the Scoundrel/Operative (though others have mentioned it) is the stealth. Not just being able to stealth past anything you *know* you can't handle, but knowing that you have that insta-drop-combat-and-stealth if you need it (my Scoundrel's is Disappearing Act, I can't remember what the Operative's is called, but I still just think of it as "Vanish" due to that pesky other game, heh).

Having this has actually led me to solo far more than I realized I could. With any other class I look at a situation that might be dicey and go "Eehhhhng...... nah, not gonna risk it, don't feel like dying today". But on the Scoundrel I go "What the heck, let's try it; if things are going south I can always just go poof, no dying for me!" And so I often end up successfully soloing something difficult that I wouldn't have even attempted on another class purely due to the fear of death being largely taken off the table! ^_^

I've played all 8 stories now, but not all advanced classes, though rep and imp do mirror each other. I have a bot of a harder time with melee classes, probably because I play with only one hand on a touchpad, but I have to say after taking all these guys to 55, that my two favorites are sniper and lightning sorcerer.

The sniper can just sit back and pot shot the world from a distance. Though lightning sorcerer was recently nerfed, it's still pretty bad-*** in its capabilities. I also have grown fond of anything that has stealth abilities, though I sometimes forget I have it!

But it strikes me that your class is not your problem. It may be your rotation and your style. One solution to that is to level yourself up a couple of notches so that you are running green missions, never orange. This gives you a leg up and may allow you extra practice until you can tackle yellow missions just fine. When I first was playing I could NEVER tackle a gold boss alone. It usually took me several tries to get the edge on one. I whined and cried about it and thought the game was too hard. Nowadays tackling a single gold is pretty easy if I can get him alone. And when I invoke Heroic Moment on a boss, it's usually overkill.

So bottom line is that there really is no best, but you may prefer one for awhile until you have leveled a few toons and gained some perspective.

• 10 months later...

if you play a MMO game solo make your charater have a strong def and do a lot's of dames

in MMO games you have 3 types of classes 1.Dames 2.Tank and 3.Healer

cobine class 1 and 2 to get in my opinion is the best solo class

my englis writing isnt good

Edited by ksfb

Everyone has their best and worst,

For me personally I find inquis once it gets its aoe to be my personal best dps

Where as sith warrior I find incredibly weak, sure it can survive longer but fights take longer.

I'd rather be a glass cannon than a hard shelled tortoise

you don't say what spec you are running on your jugg, but most classes have a burst spec and a dot spec. the dot spec usually does better damage against long duration targets like operations bosses, but will definitely feel weaker against leveling mobs because they have a ramp up time before they reach full potential. before changing classes, try switching to a different spec, and see what that feels like.

before changing classes, try switching to a different spec, and see what that feels like.

As you can see from the various posts in this thread, there is no "best" class. Everyone has their own favourite, and as the above quote points out, sometimes your opinion of a class can vary depending upon discipline.

Overall, unless you are specifically aiming for endgame content such as OPs, where there might be "best" classes (although I doubt that it really matters), it doesn't make much sense to me to play a class you may not like, simply because someone thinks it's "best".

I also find that playing a class that you like generally leads towards playing it better. For example, I have a much easier time playing my Gunslinger or DPS sage which I enjoy, as opposed to my BH, or other lesser characters, that I only play rarely (Mostly just to take them through the next chapter.)

Well choose what you want stealth or not and mele or ranged.My main is a serenity shadow and im happy with him - Powertech AP/Vanguard Tactics shold be nice (i had a tank and its was good and easy).For self sustain go Sorc i preffer the Maddness Sorc but thats my preference (i do PvP mostly).My sugestion is go online and see some giudes and see what passives each spec has to decide what you might find the most fun.

If you don't have fun playing a spec or class no point of playing it - thats why i tried them all to see what i like and what i disslike.