Ossus - a tale of why I refuse to use your gear Musco

KendraP

So story time, much of which is already known.

So today I discovered the legacy title for max rep with ossus. I really like this title and want it so i decided to actually do the rep grind.

It reminded me why I decided not to, despite enjoying the story direction (if not the blatant refusal to call my LSV Guardian a Jedi, when he was never not a jedi).

Did all the dailies, decided to finish the flesh and steel mission since it gave a purple rep item. This was my 4th attempt. I died on the tank bot with 9% left because one of the dps stuck a fire aoe on me and while I ran back they killed him. No credit. Go kill the other world boss, form an entire different group, and kill it again. 5th time, I get the lightsaber I should have gotten 6 months and 4 attempts ago. Then had to kill the other world boss again because I'm a nice person.

Here's a screenshot of the lightsaber (amongst other things) I will never use.

https://imgur.com/a/FomP3i1

All for a stinking title. Thanks for the headache, Musco.

Edit: oh I almost forgot to mention: I took an upper body armor artifact box as a reward from something. I was going to respec dps to open it (because the mod and enhancement from the tank gear are useless, and even though I'm not using them, just in case my stubborn does wear off eventually), and after closing the command stash, respeccing, and reopening, my artifact box was gone.

Thanks again for nothing, Musco.

Edited by KendraP

It's a very well established rule that you don't release when the boss is below 10%. You can gauge that up or down a bit depending on how many dps the group has left, and how good they seem to be.

Your unwillingness to learn Ossus along with everyone else was your choice, and that lack of learning has cost you.

Musco isn't the organ grinder, he's the dancing monkey. Don't blame the monkey if you don't like the music.

I've done the worldbosses literally over 200 times at this point and i don't have any problems with them besides the lag that I get (and i can't really blame the devs as my CPU is garbage, it wouldn't run it well even if thy optimized it perfectly).

All the issues you listed are your personal problems. I have never had this box disappear, sounds like you accidentally opened it while opening command crates and didn't notice. Try to calm down and come back to Ossus later with a fresh mindset.

So today I discovered the legacy title for max rep with ossus. I really like this title and want it so i decided to actually do the rep grind.

It reminded me why I decided not to, despite enjoying the story direction (if not the blatant refusal to call my LSV Guardian a Jedi, when he was never not a jedi).

Did all the dailies, decided to finish the flesh and steel mission since it gave a purple rep item. This was my 4th attempt. I died on the tank bot with 9% left because one of the dps stuck a fire aoe on me and while I ran back they killed him. No credit. Go kill the other world boss, form an entire different group, and kill it again. 5th time, I get the lightsaber I should have gotten 6 months and 4 attempts ago. Then had to kill the other world boss again because I'm a nice person.

First mistake you made. You released just before the wb died. Never ever do that. Also, you didnt do the other boss over again because you were nice about anything....you did it again because you released....your own fault.

That sabre isnt that special anyway. Sell it

You got what you wanted, right?

Edit: oh I almost forgot to mention: I took an upper body armor artifact box as a reward from something. I was going to respec dps to open it (because the mod and enhancement from the tank gear are useless, and even though I'm not using them, just in case my stubborn does wear off eventually), and after closing the command stash, respeccing, and reopening, my artifact box was gone.

Sounds like you opened your box without realizing it. Also, you got that box by doing the Ossus weekly. Do 10 Ossus dalies.

He isnt the one to blame here.....you are.

Sounds like you opened your box without realizing it. Also, you got that box by doing the Ossus weekly. Do 10 Ossus dalies.

You see the screenshot. Do you see any items relating to an upper armor set in the bottom row?

Also, there were 3 other people running back at the same time. All of whom had loot. And I had 3 other attempts (1 during the bugged week, 1 the day they said it was fixed, and one about a week later, before I finally gave up on it), none of whom had the same issue, and no one cares about those eh? At least 2 should have counted right? But no, because I "messed up" once you all refuse to acknowledge the other 3 times.

PS I did give them a compliment on fixing the stacking bug, and keep mentioning I like the concept/guiding direction they have for 6.0. So I can do more than complain.

Edited by KendraP

Guess you learned the hard way that you don't release when boss is low. I don't understand why it took you so long to knock out the mission, groups are forming literally every day, especially Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

People regularly mention that if you are dead and boss is low dont release. Hate to say it but taking so long is totally on you. I think I had enough rep after the 1st/2nd week, cause I killed wbs so many times and all those missions gave a purple I could not use for weeks due to rep cap.

You see the screenshot. Do you see any items relating to an upper armor set in the bottom row?

Also, there were 3 other people running back at the same time. All of whom had loot. And I had 3 other attempts (1 during the bugged week, 1 the day they said it was fixed, and one about a week later, before I finally gave up on it), none of whom had the same issue, and no one cares about those eh? At least 2 should have counted right? But no, because I "messed up" once you all refuse to acknowledge the other 3 times.

PS I did give them a compliment on fixing the stacking bug, and keep mentioning I like the concept/guiding direction they have for 6.0. So I can do more than complain.

yes i saw the screen shot, and i check the (upper body)artifacts box content and check the screen shot you posted. the Upper Body contains(Chest, Wrist, Hands, or Implant) and you got implants in your inventory. so u got your item. you should pay attention more man. and also everyone know don't release when the boss reach 10% stay down. like that other guy said u have to be aware of the situation and look to see how many Dps is alive and consider the time it would take to run back base on how many people is alive still attacking the boss and what % the boss health is at. u didn't do either of those things and it cost you. hopefully u learn a valuable lesson from this experience. Good day!

Do the weekly for heroics. They added 2x purple rep items on it.

That + Weekly + World boss (remember to loot). You should have all the rep you need very fast.

Also, running multiple characters through the daily/heroic weeklies (if you have multiple characters available for Ossus). Reputation is legacy-wide, after all.

I think you're like me, since in that screenshot you keep copies of craftables in your inventory. You have one of most of the 246 implants (I'm guessing). It looks like you have 2 adept implants though. You might want to check your inventory and hover over each one, because the 252 adept implant uses the same icon as the 246.

You said upper body armor box, and you said you respeced to dps to open the box.

You might of had that 252 all along, Dorthy.

I love this thread. KendraP as you probably know I’ve cited your napkin math about the power level of the 258 gear frequently. I appreciated your principled stance against the Ossus system. I’m sure there are others like you who have simply refused to participate in a system they fundamentally disagree with. You’re also the perfect example of the bottom line:

“You want the things? Do the work.”

If it makes you feel any better, you can pretty much hit legend reputation in fairly casual play. I didn’t grind Ossus hard, maybe about five or six toons, and just doing enough dailies and heroics and world boss runs to complete the weekly. Well, maybe at the end when I was very close I pushed hard. But I got Legend in 8 weeks. I don’t think that’s too bad considering I delayed doing Ossus for several weeks because of the companion bugs at launch. So you can get there without fixating on the grind either.

Also, don’t revive below 10% unless there is a summons pending.

yes i saw the screen shot, and i check the (upper body)artifacts box content and check the screen shot you posted. the Upper Body contains(Chest, Wrist, Hands, or Implant) and you got implants in your inventory. so u got your item. you should pay attention more man. and also everyone know don't release when the boss reach 10% stay down. like that other guy said u have to be aware of the situation and look to see how many Dps is alive and consider the time it would take to run back base on how many people is alive still attacking the boss and what % the boss health is at. u didn't do either of those things and it cost you. hopefully u learn a valuable lesson from this experience. Good day!

The implant came out of a random crate several days ago and yeah I learned one thing, I'm not doing anything relating to ossus again after getting this title probably next week until after 6.0 and new gear

Also I wasn't playing a dps and over half the team was dead already

Edited by KendraP

Sometimes, you have to vent, i hope things are a lil' bit better after??

I was Po'd, and rightfully so, about Not being able to start Ossus, because of Tau, so i did the start all over again. I don;t know how many times i have re-started that mission, but last night i actually decided to do it without Space-barring, and luckily i got Tau, so i actually was able to start Ossus finally and get a little bit of gear.

The random gear thing is just Bs, they should Not be allowed to do that to paying Customers.

Edited by MandFlurry