What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a customizable weapon would be cool. For instance if you were a Shadow you would get a customization double bladed lightsaber kit. It would have a choice of every hilt skin currently in the game, every sound currently in the game, and all the different saber blade effects to choose from. Then you pick out of those and it creates a custom weapon that other players won't have. Make it bound to legacy.

It would work similar with blaster users except instead of blade effects you could have the target scanners/screen things and such.

Dual wielders would be awarded one specifically for mainhand and another specifically for offhand.

I think the layout of last season's rewards was very good, but for the pure abundance of titles.

The titles don't serve particular functions unless you make them unique to top tier, in which case they sort of serve as a trophy.

You probably want to give people a completely unique kit look for the gear, to give an incentive to do it. just as PvE should have unique top level equipment in it, so should PvP.

The rancor mount was a great idea. For season two, why not an Acklay mount? :D

I really love the rancor mount, even though I didnt get one last season. I think you are completely on the right track and I would love to see more of those outstanding mounts. Tier 1 mount should be a really special mount, just like the rancor mount. I think the tier 1 reward should be a mount that matches with the obroan gear. Like a droid or something that you can find on Oricon, or something similiar to Ner'fa, who bars the way in the Dread Fortress OPS. Tier 2 & 3 should be armor & weapons.

I think a customizable weapon would be cool. For instance if you were a Shadow you would get a customization double bladed lightsaber kit. It would have a choice of every hilt skin currently in the game, every sound currently in the game, and all the different saber blade effects to choose from. Then you pick out of those and it creates a custom weapon that other players won't have. Make it bound to legacy.

It would work similar with blaster users except instead of blade effects you could have the target scanners/screen things and such.

Dual wielders would be awarded one specifically for mainhand and another specifically for offhand.

Love this idea, that would be awesome if we had that.

A few ideas that come to mind:

- What do you want the top reward to be?

Last time was an animal mount, so this time something more mechanical. ...And what better than a Basilisk War Droid as described in Wookieepedia.

- What do you want the middle rewards to be?

Another fluffy pet that proves that we did some Ranked PvP. Or, better yet, a unique color crystal. I do like what a previous poster had said about having a unique crystal that gave a slightly higher bonus to the Expertise stat. That could work for a mid-tier item. It's like, "you're good kid, but not that good...yet. Here, take this - looks like you'll need it."

- What do you want the lowest reward to be?

Similar to what another poster had mentioned, but instead, my take is... a Baron Deathmark plush doll decoration item for our strongholds (assuming that they will be ready for when Season 2 ends). An item to commemorate our participation in the Arenas, and the first(?) achievement decoration to coincide with the launch of the new strongholds.

Edited by PifferPuff

Interesting idea. We will discuss this.

if you are going to do that, why not make Ops gear come with augment slots as well? Why do PvPers always think that they somehow should not have to do dailies for credits and yet PvEers still have to?

Or up the credit rewards for PVP matches/dailies/weeklies.

And introduce repair bills for deaths...

Not a good idea, BTW, but credits are only an issue for the people that don't understand how to get them. Here is a thread I made so you can see how easy credits are to obtain....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=715215

Alex,

Don't entertain the MK-9 stuff. Crafting is already trivial in this game, don't kill it any further...

if you are going to do that, why not make Ops gear come with augment slots as well? Why do PvPers always think that they somehow should not have to do dailies for credits and yet PvEers still have to?

PvPers do pvp dailies, PvErs do pve dailies. PvE dailies reward massively higher amounts of credits. Shoo?

I am not here to comment on what rewards should be given. I am here to comment on the fact that the top 3 players for each AC for both solo and group ranked. I agree with the idea that the top players should get something special. Why not do it by server? Why restrict it to only the top 3 in the world? Not every server has the same consistency in ranked warzone pops and also not every server has the same player level going into these warzones. I feel certain people are in a way at a huge disadvantage to compete for these rewards. Since we don't have cross server pvp I suggest you should some how break it down so the top player(s) for their AC get the reward. Whether it is only the top player or top 3 per server, I believe it should be by server not overall.

PvPers do pvp dailies, PvErs do pve dailies. PvE dailies reward massively higher amounts of credits. Shoo?

PvE comes with Repair Bills upon deaths. PvP does not. There should not be a significant increase to PvP credit rewards - at least not close to on par with PvE because there is ZERO risk or cost. Shoo!

And introduce repair bills for deaths...

Not a good idea, BTW, but credits are only an issue for the people that don't understand how to get them. Here is a thread I made so you can see how easy credits are to obtain....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=715215

Alex,

Don't entertain the MK-9 stuff. Crafting is already trivial in this game, don't kill it any further...

These two points exactly. NO giving away MK-9 stuff to ANYBODY. There are more crafters than PvP players so crafters deserve to have something to be worthwhile that is not given free to PvPers.

PvE comes with Repair Bills upon deaths. PvP does not. There should not be a significant increase to PvP credit rewards - at least not close to on par with PvE because there is ZERO risk or cost. Shoo!

Even considering that, you'll still net way more creds only pveing than by only pvping. Shoo!!

Because we don't have 5 daily planets that are made astoundingly easy by our PVP gear.

We also don't get about 20k credits per trash pull.

Our income of credits is pathetic.

These two points exactly. NO giving away MK-9 stuff to ANYBODY. There are more crafters than PvP players so crafters deserve to have something to be worthwhile that is not given free to PvPers.

No.

There's barely any People who'll get this armor.

The Ranked Scene spend almost all their credits on Stims, Grenades, and Medpacs/Adrenals. 175k per BiS augment is beyond 15 PVP Games, not 5 dailies like PVE get.

Because we don't have 5 daily planets that are made astoundingly easy by our PVP gear.

We also don't get about 20k credits per trash pull.

Our income of credits is pathetic.

Not quite sure if you are serious...:o

If you are, then maybe read the thread I linked in my previous post. FYI, you can one shot most mobs in dailies areas with PvP gear. How much more gear do you need(/grindsindexfingerstogether)?