copy char to testserver...

TheHolgar

To bioware:

The poster above speaks for himself only.

Thanks

Actually he doesn't. He speaks his mind off and what many other people think too and I mostly agree with what he is saying.

It is not only frustating as several people are having more then one character copied while other have none copied over, while the lack of communication from Bioware now starts to blame the customers that they have made mistakes.

Hopefully they will transfer more characters and gives everyone the chance to earn the titles and eventually start testing the content. In the mean time I've played another Guardian and during the first 11 lvls I found 9 new bugs which I haven't seen before on the live server.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than once doesn't mean 15 times.

You said, "I think part of the problem is people are filling out the form more than twice" There are numbers between two and fifteen.

Again I find it odd that we are wasting time pointing fingers at "user error" when the number of people who have had trouble with this indicate that there may be a different issue.

Possible things that should be investigated:

Does having a previous character on PTS cause a problem when copying over a new one?

Was the survey working correctly with browsers like Firefox and chrome?

Since this was a third party survey is it possible there were problems with data transfer from the third party?

I filled out the survey for several of my characters.

I filled it out first for my Sniper when the survey first came out a couple of weeks ago. When the PTS went live, he was there, and so was a copy of him. Okay, Two Snipers, I can live with that.

I then read that they were doing another run of characters and I wanted to test the crafting stuff, so I had my other characters requested to be copied. I did this on the 7th, a Thursday. Friday evening, when I got home from work, I checked, and like others, none of the characters I had requested to be copied were....but I now had a THIRD sniper.

I don't know how many others experienced this, but I feel like somewhere, human or mechanical error occurred and none of the newer requests were chosen, but instead old ones were. I check again last night, still 3 snipers.

So have the copy process stopped? Or are they still going at it till they get the last ones over that filled out the survey before the deadline?

I'm asking since a friend of mine filled out the survey (correctly I might add as I watched him doing it) the day after the PTS went live and a couple of times again the day after and he is still not copied. I understand that you can no longer request a char copy as the deadline was Friday, but what about those who didn't get copied, but filled out the survey correctly and before the deadline?

I'm asking cos I don't see anywhere that the actual copy process have stopped. Last thing they said was Friday and the only thing they said was that the copy process for today was over. Nothing about stopping the actual copy process.

Edited by Szander

So have the copy process stopped? Or are they still going at it till they get the last ones over that filled out the survey before the deadline?

I'm asking since a friend of mine filled out the survey (correctly I might add as I watched him doing it) the day after the PTS went live and a couple of times again the day after and he is still not copied. I understand that you can no longer request a char copy as the deadline was Friday, but what about those who didn't get copied, but filled out the survey correctly and before the deadline?

I'm asking cos I don't see anywhere that the actual copy process have stopped. Last thing they said was Friday and the only thing they said was that the copy process for today was over. Nothing about stopping the actual copy process.

Update: We are extending the cut off time until 10AM CDT tomorrow, June 8th. This will be the last batch of character copies for a while, so be sure to sign up!

I have some more information for those of you interested in getting your character copied over to PTS. If you haven't, make sure to fill out the survey in the news article by midnight CDT tonight (6/7). We'll be doing another batch of copies on Friday, but you must have your survey filled out by the end of the day today. We'll continue to copy more characters periodically and will let you know as we do!

Update: We are extending the cut off time until 10AM CDT tomorrow, June 8th. This will be the last batch of character copies for a while, so be sure to sign up!

I have some more information for those of you interested in getting your character copied over to PTS. If you haven't, make sure to fill out the survey in the news article by midnight CDT tonight (6/7). We'll be doing another batch of copies on Friday, but you must have your survey filled out by the end of the day today. We'll continue to copy more characters periodically and will let you know as we do!

I know about this. But all it's saying is that you last chance for filling out the survey is Friday June 8th. And that the people that did so will be the last ones copied. So how come my friend not be copied when he filled out the survey 1 day after the PTS went live? And yes, he did fill it out correctly (I watched him do it), serveral times actually.

I have had 2 chars copied over. The only def. between me and him was that I filled out the form BEFORE the PTS went live. He did it the day after it went live, but still before the dealine BW set to Friday, June 8th.

Edited by Szander

I was on the pts just now and got dc'd and as soon as I log back in my 50 has been copied, so don't give up hope.

Nice to here that Ryofo. So hopefully they are doing as I suspected they will. Continue to copy the rest of the people that signed up in time before the deadline.

The 2 characters I put in for copy are both now on the PTS; they weren't there Friday when they said they would be.

When they said they were done, I guess they didn't really mean it.

I can indeed confirm that my character has also been copied over now. Sorry for ever doubting you Bioware. You rock! :D

Hi folks, as promised, we have investigated this issue after seeing how a large number of people didn't have their characters copied (based on the amount of posts in this thread), we decided to go back and manually re-enter those accounts again. Many of you that signed up on Friday should now see your characters copied over.

There was an error involved in one of the manual processes in character copying and we have since rectified this. We apologize for any misunderstanding.

Please enjoy playing on the Public Test Server!

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Hi folks, as promised, we have investigated this issue after seeing how a large number of people didn't have their characters copied (based on the amount of posts in this thread), we decided to go back and manually re-enter those accounts again. Many of you that signed up on Friday should now see your characters copied over.

There was an error involved in one of the manual processes in character copying and we have since rectified this. We apologize for any misunderstanding.

Thank you Jove!

I still didn't get my Character copied...Well I'm glad that BW admitted that it was their fault but in the end still no copied character.

Server: Supreme Commander Stantorrs

Name: Sunsearcher

I would appreciate a copy of my char as soon as possible if there are still some transfers coming I hope :(

Sun

I'm glad to see you look into it. I didn't get mine copied over, but that is not as important as making sure the process is working correctly.

So how bout a small extension beyond the 6/16 date to get the PTS titles. You know, since those who's characters were copied as planned got a super jump on those who didn't.

Sorry tried queing with my lvl 31 PTS toon but after no pops in 3 hours I gave up.

Thanks for fixing this! ...A question though; Is there any particular reason why my character is renamed from "Sutekh" to...umm, lets see: YHWUALVMONCBWFT

Even though i do find the new name mysteriously inspiring, it kinda bugs me how to pronounce it! Also, i suppose ppl might get slightly annoyed trying to send me whispers or invites...

//Twin

Thanks for fixing this! ...A question though; Is there any particular reason why my character is renamed from "Sutekh" to...umm, lets see: YHWUALVMONCBWFT

Even though i do find the new name mysteriously inspiring, it kinda bugs me how to pronounce it! Also, i suppose ppl might get slightly annoyed trying to send me whispers or invites...

//Twin

your name already exist on the server so you have random one and you will be ask to change it once you will loging onto that char.