Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Maintenance: February 13th, 2019

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: February 13th, 2019
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SushaBrancaleone's Avatar


SushaBrancaleone
02.13.2019 , 10:45 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
You seem very keen on telling people what, when, where and how to post. Allow me to return the favor...

If you have a problem with a post, just report it and let the moderators do their job.

Dasty

P.S. Eric, thank you for the fix. Seems to have gone swimmingly.
LOL because what they ask affects me and others indirectly...
as in: .. several people want decos to be available from end content, and would be upset if there weren't any...
hence i will avail to my right to address a concern towards a product I buy if somebody else wants the product to become something I don't want. Saying otherwise would mean that... some customers are more equal than others?

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
02.13.2019 , 10:52 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
LOL because what they ask affects me and others indirectly...
as in: .. several people want decos to be available from end content, and would be upset if there weren't any...
hence i will avail to my right to address a concern towards a product I buy if somebody else want the product to become something I don't want. Saying otherwise would mean that... some customers are more equal than others?
As subscribers, we all enjoy the privilege (it's not a right on a private forum) of posting in ways we think will attract the attention of the devs. The mods can decide what to do with posts. This is a general maintenance post. As such...

I am going to use it to raise my concern that that the 30m ranged companion bug is not fixed and even melee ones do not understand basic LoS.

Because, frankly, I'm worth it. <<sips martini>>

Dasty

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
02.13.2019 , 12:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
As subscribers, we all enjoy the privilege (it's not a right on a private forum) of posting in ways we think will attract the attention of the devs. The mods can decide what to do with posts. This is a general maintenance post. As such...

I am going to use it to raise my concern that that the 30m ranged companion bug is not fixed and even melee ones do not understand basic LoS.

Because, frankly, I'm worth it. <<sips martini>>

Dasty
It appears they stood by their word yesterday to fix things fast, surprisingly I wasn't surprised!

I felt everyone was overreacting yesterday even though Musco told them they'd be fixing stuff ASAP. Good for him, they backed him up on his word.

Have you placed this bug in the proper place in the "bugs" section, Dasty?

P.S. You also seem to be sipping martinis a lot lately, just starting to worry bud. Don't fall back into your days of blackouts on Nar Shaddaa, waking up in places you have no idea how you got to!
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
02.13.2019 , 02:36 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
LOL because what they ask affects me and others indirectly...
as in: .. several people want decos to be available from end content, and would be upset if there weren't any...
hence i will avail to my right to address a concern towards a product I buy if somebody else wants the product to become something I don't want. Saying otherwise would mean that... some customers are more equal than others?
So trying to force people to play parts of the game they don't enjoy (here some group activities such as PvP and Ops) to get decos or outfits, that basically have nothing to do with group content, locking these items out of the parts of the game they enjoy is perfectly fine.

But these same people barely asking to get another way to get the decos in an activity they actually like is not OK ?

They don't want to takle away from you, they want the ability to get the same thing via another way as well.

I honnestly can understand their frustration. I'd love to have the Resourceful Renegade set, but it's seemingly only available as a PvP reward, and i absolutely hate PvP.
Why should i force myself through something I hate for 1 outfit, and why should I force other people to deal with my lack of skills and interest in PvP just for that outfit ? That will be unpleasant for everyone...

SushaBrancaleone's Avatar


SushaBrancaleone
02.13.2019 , 03:12 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
So trying to force people to play parts of the game they don't enjoy (here some group activities such as PvP and Ops) to get decos or outfits, that basically have nothing to do with group content, locking these items out of the parts of the game they enjoy is perfectly fine.

But these same people barely asking to get another way to get the decos in an activity they actually like is not OK ?

They don't want to takle away from you, they want the ability to get the same thing via another way as well.

I honnestly can understand their frustration. I'd love to have the Resourceful Renegade set, but it's seemingly only available as a PvP reward, and i absolutely hate PvP.
Why should i force myself through something I hate for 1 outfit, and why should I force other people to deal with my lack of skills and interest in PvP just for that outfit ? That will be unpleasant for everyone...
lets assume we both want a ferrari
one will work for it
the other one wants it for free.
we could discuss that the first person might not want it if it was free.
See what I did there?

Games have always been like this, content is available via playing the game (whatever the game implies)
wanting the same things that other players need to work for without having to do anything, because you claim that your activities define you differently from other player... This is NOT TRUE.... everyone (or most) engages in a variety of game activities.
Nor does being a 'special' player give you the right to more rights than other players..
I've met and played with players with disabilities or serious health issues who have NO requests of this kind nor do they feel so entitled to moan about not having their way.... I am utterly in disbelief by how insistent this tantrum has become...

Demagogy and sophism's of any sort wont change the above, discussing otherwise just proves the point further.

this thread should have ended with Lhancelot (wise) comment, anything else just proves there is an attempt by a minority of players to 'exploit' their issues up the ladder...

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
02.13.2019 , 03:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
So trying to force people to play parts of the game they don't enjoy (here some group activities such as PvP and Ops) to get decos or outfits, that basically have nothing to do with group content, locking these items out of the parts of the game they enjoy is perfectly fine.

But these same people barely asking to get another way to get the decos in an activity they actually like is not OK ?

They don't want to takle away from you, they want the ability to get the same thing via another way as well.

I honnestly can understand their frustration. I'd love to have the Resourceful Renegade set, but it's seemingly only available as a PvP reward, and i absolutely hate PvP.
Why should i force myself through something I hate for 1 outfit, and why should I force other people to deal with my lack of skills and interest in PvP just for that outfit ? That will be unpleasant for everyone...
It's a carrot, not a mandate. You don't have to do anything in game except PvE. The other activities attract players to them by offering unique items by doing that activity only. There's nothing odd or wrong about this. Exclusive gear/decos are the perfect way to entice players to try something without forcing anyone to actually do it. If you really want something, you'll do what you need to do to get it (look at all the PvPers on Ossus running PvE for gear).
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
02.13.2019 , 03:22 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
lets assume we both want a ferrari
one will work for it
the other one wants it for free.
we could discuss that the first person might not want it if it was free.
See what I did there?

Games have always been like this, content is available via playing the game (whatever the game implies)
wanting the same things that other players need to work for without having to do anything, because you claim that your activities define you differently from other player... This is NOT TRUE.... everyone (or most) engages in a variety of game activities.
Nor does being a 'special' player give you the right to more rights than other players..
I've met and play with several disabed players who have NO requests of this kind nor do they feel so entitled to moan about not having their way.... I am utterly in disbelief by how insistent this tantrum has become...

Demagogy and sophism's of any sort wont change the above, discussing otherwise just proves the point further.

this thread should have ended with Lhancelot (wise) comment, anything else just proves there is an attempt by a minority of players to 'exploit' their issues up the ladder...
It's not asking for free it's asking to get that stuff from playing something else, not just that stuff magically popping in our inventory...

If the outfit I want (and that outfit doesn't give anything special for PvP, it's just the exact same kind of outfit you can get on the CM) was available let's say as solo FP reward and as a PvP reward at the same time, i'd play solo FP to get that (even if i had to play 100 or 1000 FP for that), but not the PvP part. Because PvP is for me the most boring and obnoxious thing that game has to offer, the second being ops...
It it was available on the CM, i'd pay CC to get that (and that would not be free either).

What bother me the most here is that there was a lot of new outfits alonside that one I want, and the only one i wanted had to be the only one locked behind PvP, because it would not be funny otherwise....

Why not offer as PvP rewards stuff that would actually be usefull to PvPers and not just cosmetic outfits ?

MorseGod's Avatar


MorseGod
02.13.2019 , 03:28 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
lets assume we both want a ferrari
one will work for it
the other one wants it for free.
we could discuss that the first person might not want it if it was free.
See what I did there?
Worst analogy ever. A proper one would go like this:

We both want a Ferrari.
The manufacturer insists that we eat brownies made with dog poo in order to get it.
Some people are willing to eat dog poo.
Other people say, "Can't we just pay money that we earned from our regular jobs?"
The people willing to eat the dog poo accuse the others of wanting something for nothing..

If you want to do end-game content, that's great. You should get your sweet gear quickly. If other people want to do solo PvE content, that's great. They should be able to buy the same gear, but probably a lot slower.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Join us on Discord!
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

SushaBrancaleone's Avatar


SushaBrancaleone
02.13.2019 , 03:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
Worst analogy ever. A proper one would go like this:

We both want a Ferrari.
The manufacturer insists that we eat brownies made with dog poo in order to get it.
Some people are willing to eat dog poo.
Other people say, "Can't we just pay money that we earned from our regular jobs?"
The people willing to eat the dog poo complain because the rest of us won't also eat dog poo.

If you want to do end-game content, that's great. You should get your sweet gear quickly. If other people want to do solo PvE content, that's great. They should be able to buy the same gear, but probably a lot slower.
1 you seem to forget the notion of quality first of all. some things are prettier than others. those things will be more sought after. but is seems redundant to unravel such a simple principle of economy (scarcity) as we've even 'invented poo brownies' to further our points...

2 What has been described above as boring content is considered by most gamers in terms of 'hardest' or 'easiest'
Having objects that are available only by beating the game at its top is what gaming has been about for a long time.

3 This HAS NEVER BEEN ONLY FOR GEAR, some of the rarest and sought after mounts and cosmetics in WoW were available via Raids.

4 What u consider dog poo (pvp and ops) have been considered my mmo communities since 2001 as the fun content available. This has been voiced many times, over many games, by many people. Not arguing you have to like it, just pointing out how what you want, completely works against what the average gamers wants from the game. Cool items for no effort at all, and no items to show for the effort....

MorseGod's Avatar


MorseGod
02.13.2019 , 03:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SushaBrancaleone View Post
1 you seem to forget the notion of quality first of all. some thing are prettier than others. those things will be more sought after. but is seems redundant to unravel such a simple principle of economy (scarcity) as we've even 'invented poo brownies' to further our points...

2 What has been described above as boring content is considered by most gamers in terms of 'hardest' or 'easiest'
Having objects that are available only by beating the game at its top is what gaming has been about for a long time.

3 This HAS NEVER BEEN ONLY FOR GEAR, some of the rarest and sought after mounts and cosmetics in WoW were available via Raids.
Quality is irrelevant. The point is that I can buy ANY commodity with money. The only variable is how efficiently I earn the money required to buy a particular item.

From a developer perspective, having people playing my game would be the only objective, whether they are constantly chasing the moving end-game goalposts or repetitively grinding other content. As long as they are paying and playing, there's no reason to prohibit them from eventually being able to purchase in-game items to further their own goals.

NOTHING in the real world prevents me from buying a Ferrari except whether I have enough cash on hand to do it. No one cares where the cash comes from. If I go to buy a Ferrari, they don't refuse to sell it to me because I made my money in a long, tedious way rather than by doing some activity that they arbitrarily demand.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Join us on Discord!
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.