"Engine power recently consumed regeneration rate"

Slivovidze

Ok, please, someone, what does that mean? (tis one of stats on Quick-charge shield)

I thought that it would reduce the delay between me stopping consuming energy power and the beginning of the regeneration proccess.

So I thought, I can survive 45% longer delay in engine power regen, let's switch to Distortion field. However, after I switched to Distortion field, I feel like I miss this stat horribly and I'm constantly outta engine power. Switching back to Quick-charge shield. :)

But still, please tell me what that stat actually means in practice. I just know that having it lets me boost my NovaDive nearly infinitely and its absence makes me need Booster recharge 30s before its CD.

Ok, there is a delay between starting using engine power and regen start... I also believe that there is reduced regen while using boost. So the stat you are asking about is the delay between stop using the boost to returning to full regen rate. The engine power bar (spent portion) glows a reddish color while in reduced regen state.

Mind you, this is merely speculation based on my (pretty extensive) GSF time/experience.

-Gerrik

Didn't know that engine power also regens while boosting. Anyways, if I understand correctly, what you explained is pretty close to what I thought it is.

I stop boosing, and without these 45% "Engine power recently consumed regeneration rate" I wait, say, 2 seconds until my engine power starts regenerating at the full rate. If I put my Quick-charge with that stat on, will I only wait a bit over 1 second until regen at full rate?

That seems logical. Yet there is one thing I have experienced.

Usually, at the beginning of the game (let's say Kuat Mesas), I barrel roll, boost, turn my way to A around the mesas, when barrel roll CD finishes I barrel roll again, and I'm at A with a little less than 50% of my engine power.

However after I abandoned Quick-charge shield, I arrived at A with barely 20% engine power left. Some regen delay reduction would not cause that.

Maybe the stat somehow increases the regen while boosting?

Edited by Slivovidze

Usually, at the beginning of the game (let's say Kuat Mesas), I barrel roll, boost, turn my way to A around the mesas, when barrel roll CD finishes I barrel roll again, and I'm at A with a little less than 50% of my engine power.

However after I abandoned Quick-charge shield, I arrived at A with barely 20% engine power left. Some regen delay reduction would not cause that.

Maybe the stat somehow increases the regen while boosting?

Try your routine with engine power at full (F3) and again at full weapons or shields (F1 or F2) and see how much difference it makes... that is the regen while boosting difference.

I'm pretty sure your engine power starts regenning almost instantly after you let go of boost, but at a reduced rate for the first few seconds (this reduced rate is what the "when recently consumed" refers to), and then the full regen rate kicks in. If you watch the bar carefully, when you let go of boost, it will slowly start refilling, then after a couple seconds, it will refill much faster. This is why constantly tapping boost is a bad idea - it means you're constantly stuck at the much slower "recently consumed" rate.

So increasing your "Engine Power Recently Consumed" regen rate will increase how fast you gain engine power immediately after you use boost. If you're in a dogfight where you're using lots of engine abilities or constantly reaching for the boost button, increasing this regen rate can be really useful.

I'm pretty sure your engine power starts regenning almost instantly after you let go of boost, but at a reduced rate for the first few seconds (this reduced rate is what the "when recently consumed" refers to), and then the full regen rate kicks in. If you watch the bar carefully, when you let go of boost, it will slowly start refilling, then after a couple seconds, it will refill much faster. This is why constantly tapping boost is a bad idea - it means you're constantly stuck at the much slower "recently consumed" rate.

So increasing your "Engine Power Recently Consumed" regen rate will increase how fast you gain engine power immediately after you use boost. If you're in a dogfight where you're using lots of engine abilities or constantly reaching for the boost button, increasing this regen rate can be really useful.

This is the answer you are looking for :p