[Spoiler] Clone Wars season 06 plot hole

BadCaneH

Season 6 of The Clone Wars showed us that order 66 was implanted in every clone's brains since they were embryos. Why did Sidious waited until half Episode III to trigger it? He could have done it much early.

Because the Jedi Order would have ROFLstomped the Clones in a straight up fight. He had to wait for them to spread themselves thin across the galaxy. Let's face it, if Yoda was at the Temple during Operation: Knightfall, the 501st would have been SOL.

Because the Jedi Order would have ROFLstomped the Clones in a straight up fight. He had to wait for them to spread themselves thin across the galaxy. Let's face it, if Yoda was at the Temple during Operation: Knightfall, the 501st would have been SOL.

I don't know what SOL means, but I assume they got killed.

Also...

Jedi weren't really thrilled about the Clones either. No one knew they were created and suddenly they were there as a happy coincidence, scepticism of a lot of Jedi would have ruined the plan.

Another reason why he waited with with Order 66 is his own infiltration in the senate, to become the leader, getting more influence and power.

The fact that he decided on taking Anakin as his apprentice slowed down the proces as well, as Anakin needed to be turned more from the light.

Why did Sidious waited until half Episode III to trigger it? He could have done it much early.

One objective of the Clone Wars was to turn public opinion against the Jedi so that when Order 66 was issued, the general public would believe whatever reason he came up with for killing the jedi and be relieved they were gone.

The whole point of his plan was to become and stay emperor. That is why he orchestrated the war in the first place. He did not want to give order 66 until the perfect time when he was thought to be a hero by the masses and the jedi were spread thin as well as had lost much of their public support. A lot of the clone wars series demonstrated how the people were losing faith in the jedi.

Also, the emperor wanted the most powerful jedi in the order to be his apprentice. If he gave order 66 before Anakin turned then there would be no way Anakin would side with him.

I actually loved the prequels because to me it was the story of how the emperor manipulated the entire galaxy and that he was much more than some old guy that could shoot lightning. The prequels had some faults (obviously) but they made me love the emperor far more than Darth Vader.

I loved the originals very much but there were more plot holes in them than the prequels such as the rebels winning because they blew up the deathstar. There were still far more star destroyers than rebel ships.

I loved the originals very much but there were more plot holes in them than the prequels such as the rebels winning because they blew up the deathstar. There were still far more star destroyers than rebel ships.

Not really a plot hole there, considering the war still continued even after the 2nd DS was destroyed. Sure at the end there was celebration, but that didn't mean the Empire was done.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Not really a plot hole there, considering the war still continued even after the 2nd DS was destroyed. Sure at the end there was celebration, but that didn't mean the Empire was done.

No the plot hole has to do with where they celebrated. If they had retreated and then celebrated it would be very believable, but they would not have lasted much longer after the death star was destroyed.

It is fine though. All movies have plot holes. It didn't stop the original movies from being my favorite movies ever. I was just making a point.

No the plot hole has to do with where they celebrated. If they had retreated and then celebrated it would be very believable, but they would not have lasted much longer after the death star was destroyed.

It is fine though. All movies have plot holes. It didn't stop the original movies from being my favorite movies ever. I was just making a point.

The rest of the Imperial fleet had retreated right when the 2nd DS was destroyed(with the exception of Grand Admiral Teshik who fought alone for 3 hrs and was later captured), so where the Rebels celebrated was fine.

I mean the Imperial fleet had just witnessed the lost of two of the most powerful weapons the Galactic Empire had, which killed any kind of fighting within the rest of the Imperial fleet, so they retreated.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Personally I think the whole point of season 6 was to make the Jedi look as BIG of idiots as possible. I mean look at it from the point of the jedi:

We just found out Dooku was the real purchaser for the clones, the clones have these chips in them that was withheld from us knowing about it and apparently clones have this deep dark desire to kill Jedi... OH STANG! GET EVERY SINGLE CLONE BACK HERE ASAP AND PULL THOSE CHIPS! Or just keep this info to ourselves and hope for the best.

Personally I think the whole point of season 6 was to make the Jedi look as BIG of idiots as possible. I mean look at it from the point of the jedi:

We just found out Dooku was the real purchaser for the clones, the clones have these chips in them that was withheld from us knowing about it and apparently clones have this deep dark desire to kill Jedi... OH STANG! GET EVERY SINGLE CLONE BACK HERE ASAP AND PULL THOSE CHIPS! Or just keep this info to ourselves and hope for the best.

^ This pretty much. I've said in a different thread, that the JEDI lost the war for the Republic. They made so many #fail decisions. I understand their morals and principles, but sometimes you need to make the best decision possible, even if u must bend the rules. Their ways led to their defeat, time and time again. It's sad really, but it makes for good story I guess. :)

The rest of the Imperial fleet had retreated right when the 2nd DS was destroyed(with the exception of Grand Admiral Teshik who fought alone for 3 hrs and was later captured), so where the Rebels celebrated was fine.

I mean the Imperial fleet had just witnessed the lost of two of the most powerful weapons the Galactic Empire had, which killed any kind of fighting within the rest of the Imperial fleet, so they retreated.

I haven't read any of the books and so I assume you know this from that. However, my point still stands. The books must be trying to cover up an obvious plot hole from the movie. There was absolutely no reason to retreat. The empire was not solely the emperor as the movies made clear. When you have a large number of ships against a few then you don't retreat and let the enemy regain their strength.

I am not blasting that movie as I love star wars but if you take a step back I think you too can at least realize that it seems a little odd.

You don't really need the books to know why they retreated. The rebels have now blown up TWO Death Stars, which also held alot of personnel. This also so happens to kill their top two leader figures, and with these combinations they pretty much panic and start retreating. Now even without the EU it would probably be obvious to many fans that the Empire wasn't finished off just yet, but the rebels still dealt some big blows to them, other planets are also more likely to join them in rebelling because it isn't just a lost cause now, and the Emperor (who pretty much made the Empire what it was) is dead.

Now if they hadn't retreated, it would probably just mean the rebels would have had to either immediatly or eventually retreat, but they probably still would have gotten more support anyways and things would have eventually ended in their victory again.

Season 6 of The Clone Wars showed us that order 66 was implanted in every clone's brains since they were embryos. Why did Sidious waited until half Episode III to trigger it? He could have done it much early.

There are lots, and lots of reasons. Sidious didn't pronounce himself emperor until the tail end of episode 3, and even then his political power wasn't absolute until decades later, when he finally dissolved the senate during A New Hope. He couldn't just turn the army against the Jedi, he needed an excuse to justify it, otherwise the senate could of ousted him, and/or there would of been a rebellion then and there.

Another thing to consider is that Palpatine used the Clone Wars to expand the territory of the republic, under the guise of protecting systems from the Confederacy, or removing them from Confederacy control. In a sense, the Jedi were useful puppets towards this goal.

There are lots, and lots of reasons. Sidious didn't pronounce himself emperor until the tail end of episode 3, and even then his political power wasn't absolute until decades later, when he finally dissolved the senate during A New Hope. He couldn't just turn the army against the Jedi, he needed an excuse to justify it, otherwise the senate could of ousted him, and/or there would of been a rebellion then and there.

Another thing to consider is that Palpatine used the Clone Wars to expand the territory of the republic, under the guise of protecting systems from the Confederacy, or removing them from Confederacy control. In a sense, the Jedi were useful puppets towards this goal.

Note Sideous did this by putting all his power in "clouding the jedi" all the time, basically palpatine was focusing on the jedi making them unaware of his intentions.

I thought about that and I can only think of one plausible reason: the Republic/Jedi had to fight with what they had: the clones. If they pulled Clones back from frontlines because of the chips and the Dooku Conspiracy the CIS would have ravaged planets like a walk in the park, and they didn't want that to happen even if that meant fighting with untrustworthy allies.

Little question here:

As far as I remember, fives only said to Shaak Ti, Anakin and Rex that something was wrong but never proved anything so the Jedi wouldn't have known, let alone acted against the conspiracy?

Did I forget something or misheard anything?

Well, I would assume that the Jedi post however many years of war is much weaker (in terms of lost manpower, etc.), but there is also the overall internal political situation. Palpatine was a constitutional head of the Republic, and it took him years to dismantle the democratic checks on his powers and alter public opinion such that people would accept him as a dictator. This is pretty much the M.O. for effective dictators. Wrap themselves in the flag and pretend to respect the constitution until you've consolidated yourself enough that you can rip it up.

The Italian and German dictators of the middle twentieth century was each a *seemingly* legitimately appointed head of government at one point.

- Arcada

• 1 month later...

it wasnt implanted as embryos other wise all clones would have went aganst the jedi , many clones stayed loyal and joined the mandalorians with kal skirter and led good mandalorian lives

it wasnt implanted as embryos other wise all clones would have went aganst the jedi , many clones stayed loyal and joined the mandalorians with kal skirter and led good mandalorian lives
It wasn't implanted in their brains as embryos, but it was implanted in the brain of every clone at the early stages of development. In all the clones, they didn't just forget to put it in some. The rebellion of some clones can only be explained as a side effect of them being strong-willed and independent, which is hinted upon in the arc itself.