Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this on the 26th of June.

Greetings,

As a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscriber you enjoy special benefits.

One new benefit is headed your way today! You have been granted one free Character Name Change. This grant is offered to you with our "thanks" for your commitment to The Old Republic™. Please note, this grant is a one-time grant, and only one is offered per account.

To take advantage of this grant, simply visit our website, log into your account and visit the MySWTOR section of the site. You will see Character Rename listed in the options on the left-hand side of the page. Select that option to initiate the name change request. Please follow the instructions on the page to initiate your Character Name Change.

Once you have completed this process, the chosen character will receive an in-game mail. You will need to open the in-game mail and right-click to accept the Name Change token; it will then be added to your inventory. To make the change, you will need to click on the token to initiate the actual name change in-game.

We appreciate your support!

May the Force™ be with You!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

I got this on the 26th of June.

Greetings,

As a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscriber you enjoy special benefits.

One new benefit is headed your way today! You have been granted one free Character Name Change. This grant is offered to you with our "thanks" for your commitment to The Old Republic™. Please note, this grant is a one-time grant, and only one is offered per account.

To take advantage of this grant, simply visit our website, log into your account and visit the MySWTOR section of the site. You will see Character Rename listed in the options on the left-hand side of the page. Select that option to initiate the name change request. Please follow the instructions on the page to initiate your Character Name Change.

Once you have completed this process, the chosen character will receive an in-game mail. You will need to open the in-game mail and right-click to accept the Name Change token; it will then be added to your inventory. To make the change, you will need to click on the token to initiate the actual name change in-game.

We appreciate your support!

May the Force™ be with You!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

That was part of one of the patches though. (the one that introduced name changes)

That was part of one of the patches though. (the one that introduced name changes)

If you read it properly it stats "As a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscriber you enjoy special benefits."

Name Change was introduced in patch 2.1.0 back in April - May, it's a starter for what's to come and I'm happy to see something coming our way. A :sy_lightside: to BW. Another one if they can fix The Harbinger Server FAST!

If you read it properly it stats "As a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ subscriber you enjoy special benefits."

Name Change was introduced in patch 2.1.0 back in April - May, it's a starter for what's to come and I'm happy to see something coming our way. A :sy_lightside: to BW. Another one if they can fix The Harbinger Server FAST!

When the name change was released this was supposed to come with the patch but it was delayed. They only finally released the free name change recently.

lol.

maybe brits can get something too since without them we wouldnt have had to declare independence. and i guess without the french/spanish, britain wouldnt have gotten to the point where it was. and then i guess we need to include the other countries that aided britains empowerment and created their need to conquer the world, so i guess we can include the rest of europe. and then we'll include south america, africa, asia, and austrailia too since they all help others too.

so i guess even though its an American holiday, i guess its alright to let you all have the fun too :D

Hey, don't forget the Germans! We did give you General von Steuben, who helped turn the Continental Army into a working and efficent military power that was able to stand up against the Redcoats :)

So we did contribute to the 4th of July being a holiday :D

Hey, don't forget the Germans! We did give you General von Steuben, who helped turn the Continental Army into a working and efficent military power that was able to stand up against the Redcoats :)

I think the whole Nazi thing makes us even then.

well played. you now get to take off work tomorrow :)

just tell your boss a guy on the internet said it was ok.

I thought that was Lafayette? Nice try, though ;)

I thought that was Lafayette? Nice try, though ;)

Reference to The Patriot. Nice. Definitely going to have to watch that movie tomorrow.

Anyway, anyone else worried that the Subscriber Appreciation turns out to be as wonderful as the Collector's Edition appreciation vendor?

Probably, and Eric's statement that they won't be announcing it ahead of time (or on the site)... Should tell everyone to prepare to be underwhelmed.

Yup, expecting that those not paying attention to their e-mail may miss out, and if that happens I won't hesitate to spread the word so there's a frenzy for the fact that it was too secret and that it's a crappy gift which it most likely will be.

:t_evil:

Oh, and of course I just realized the appreciation will be a "Happy 4th of July" e-mail... that's all. If so it's also another insult to non-Americans on top of all being deceived.

Edited by Lyshar

What does it matter what the gift is? They are giving us something for appreciation. This is not something they have to do.

A lot of you act like it is owed to you. It is not. Instead of saying thank you a lot of you are complaining stating it will probably be something you don't like or something stupid. It is a gift.

do you complain when someone gives you a gift you don't like in r/l. What has happened to the common courtesy of saying thank you for the thought.

Geez people .

What does it matter what the gift is? They are giving us something for appreciation. This is not something they have to do.

A lot of you act like it is owed to you. It is not. Instead of saying thank you a lot of you are complaining stating it will probably be something you don't like or something stupid. It is a gift.

do you complain when someone gives you a gift you don't like in r/l. What has happened to the common courtesy of saying thank you for the thought.

Geez people .

Maybe you haven't been online a lot lately. But many things have happened that are complete slap in the face to SUB's in this game. Makeb (Paid for w/discount) - Okay fine.. $10. Barber Shop (Discount was a joke). Free Rename (Long standing promise - delivered weeks after CM Version). I can keep going if you want, but I think you get the picture.

YES.. it's a gift and that's really cool they are doing something, but they made it clear they HEARD how upset 2.1 made the SUB community and it sounded like (Live Stream) they are trying to make amends. In my mind that means something REAL, something cool and not some POS fireworks bundle. So yes.. we are thankful they are actually looking to take care of the sub community. Because lets be frank... we are starting to thin out here.

Given that its less than 6 hours till the 4th of July I am starting to wonder if they forgot the promise they made and suddenly last Friday they released "Oh **** we said what" and now they are all trying to run around trying to find something to give subscribers. "Hmmm maybe we could re colour a speeder and give them a unique speeder, they will fall for that".

Maybe you haven't been online a lot lately. But many things have happened that are complete slap in the face to SUB's in this game. Makeb (Paid for w/discount) - Okay fine.. $10. Barber Shop (Discount was a joke). Free Rename (Long standing promise - delivered weeks after CM Version). I can keep going if you want, but I think you get the picture.

YES.. it's a gift and that's really cool they are doing something, but they made it clear they HEARD how upset 2.1 made the SUB community and it sounded like (Live Stream) they are trying to make amends. In my mind that means something REAL, something cool and not some POS fireworks bundle. So yes.. we are thankful they are actually looking to take care of the sub community. Because lets be frank... we are starting to thin out here.

I have been here since launch and yes they have done things that I don't enjoy but I still have the common courtesy to understand it is a gift and appreciate the effort they are trying to make whether or not I like the gift. There are things I don't like but I don't let things like that bother me.

As far as Makeb when I was playing SWG I had to pay for the expansion they had and some of those didn't have much more than Makeb.

As far as the barbershop I was happy that at least it was put in the game. I have only had to pay 20 cc to get my hair change. Was I disappointed that the new styles were not for all species. Yes.

But again that doesn't stop me from appreciating the effort they are doing for the gift. No matter what they give us some people will not be happy anyways.

Mmm...

It occurred to me that the cartel market has outfits I would like to own, but only come in a pack and its a random draw if i get the item piece, which as a rule I will never get that way, and thus I don't bother using my pointless CCs.

Perhaps if subscribers could choose from the packs, so its not random, it may be a justification to subscribe. Say you get a free choice in a pack per month, you still have to have the CCs to buy the pack.

Sue