Sith Marauder Offhand Multiplier is 30% with light saber, 100% with training saber!?

DigitalPigeon

Hey all,

Back for the first time in 4ish years - wow things are different!

Anyways, playing a new Sith Marauder, and just got my second (off hand) light saber. Stats were all far, far, better than the little training saber it was replacing, but when I equipped it, character screen showed my damage drop way down.

Digging into it more, its because the Training Saber gives a 100% "offhand multiplier", so it adds its total damage to my attack. Meanwhile, the offhand light sabre only has a 30% offhand multiplier - so even though the light saber has double the damage, 30% of that is still less than the training saber.

Bug? Am I missing something? Thanks everyone!

• 1 year later...
I agree, but as it is right now, I'm at lvl 40 with a 92 rating lightsaber sitting in my bags because it lowers the damage on every ability on my bar vs the training weapon which is a 18 rating because of the 125% multiplier. I'd rather ditch it, but I'm doing better damage with it even with the stats so much lower. It just doesn't make any sense. Edited by waterhzrd

• 1 year later...

So if it says it is an offhand weapon it will do a lot more damage than if it says it can go in either position?

Interesting - I have just been using any weapon that can go in the offhand slot without caring whether it also can go in the main hand slot.