Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Complete the Stronghold

sauceemynx
12.31.2018 , 06:19 AM | #1
People have probably already suggested this before, but BW is really missing a trick by not offering bathroom & kitchen furniture on the cartel market. Even a Sith lord needs to eat and have a bath once in a while. Just imagine: for the discerning edge lord, a golden toilet; the jedi who likes to wind down after a long day, a wood-panelled kitchen to prepare gourmet meals in; the trooper, a good soak in a roll top bath to ease those aching muscles. The possibilities are endless. For instance, the Yavin temple could have an outdoor shower, and in Rishi, an outdoor kitchen complete with grill.

It's always felt strangely fake to me that no strongholds have these rooms. I mean, I know this is just a game, but what's so immersion-breaking about eating and bathing? If some players don't want to bother with that, they can just not buy the furniture. And don't tell me it's not dark side enough. The most famous chefs in the world tend to scream and abuse their poor underlings; isn't that the very definition of a Sith?

So, come on, BW, let me complete my strongholds!

Inspirals
12.31.2018 , 06:40 AM | #2
Put me down for a golden edgelord toilet, I'd pay big CC's for that.

Sith-Viscera
12.31.2018 , 06:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Inspirals View Post
Put me down for a golden edgelord toilet, I'd pay big CC's for that.
Speak for your self. Real Sith Lords Pee on their enemies dead corps, & bath in their Blood, who needs bathrooms?
Jedi on the other hand, well can wipe with that hand. lol Sith Lords dont care.

Kitchens, sith lords need no stinking kitchens. The Darkside is our Food.

I just woke up and saw this thread, i'll will regret those words later when i am more awake & caffeine has flowed thru my veins.
Referral link, Use it, don't use it. It's what ever. But if you do, Thank You.
http://www.swtor.com/r/22Ct9G

Inspirals
01.01.2019 , 11:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sith-Viscera View Post
Speak for your self. Real Sith Lords Pee on their enemies dead corps, & bath in their Blood, who needs bathrooms?
Jedi on the other hand, well can wipe with that hand. lol Sith Lords dont care.

Kitchens, sith lords need no stinking kitchens. The Darkside is our Food.

I just woke up and saw this thread, i'll will regret those words later when i am more awake & caffeine has flowed thru my veins.
Even if you're too dark and edgy to use a bathroom, a golden toilet and associated bathroom fixtures would be magnificent symbols of power and stature, and would perhaps serve to tempt any wavering Jedi over to the dark side.

DarthSpuds
01.01.2019 , 02:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sauceemynx View Post
People have probably already suggested this before, but BW is really missing a trick by not offering bathroom & kitchen furniture on the cartel market.
Well, I have a functioning Kitchen in my Yavin 4 Temple. Just need a little bit of luck with what Deco's you have and some imagination. Heck, I even have a chef, working at a grill.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Adric_the_Red
01.01.2019 , 02:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Well, I have a functioning Kitchen in my Yavin 4 Temple. Just need a little bit of luck with what Deco's you have and some imagination. Heck, I even have a chef, working at a grill.
Mind sharing a list of your fixtures and/or some pics of it?
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

sauceemynx
01.02.2019 , 06:46 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
Mind sharing a list of your fixtures and/or some pics of it?
Yes, pictures! I'd love to see them.

ceryxp
01.02.2019 , 09:37 AM | #8
This is just off the top of my head; I'm not in game to look atm. For a kitchen theme there's the underworld stove, both the underworld shelves and zakuulan cabinet make good pantries, the bar sets that you can buy on the CM, and the matrix converter looks like a chest freezer/cold storage unit. The rakata stasis chamber makes a good shower, and the imperial basic chair looks a bit like a toilet with the lid closed (there's another chair that would work too, the revanite I think, but can't check right now). The selkath solar statue makes a decent'ish mirror (better if there's some like shining on it). Only thing really lacking is a good vanity. You can use office partitions (if you can find them) to divide rooms for privacy. There's the spa arrangement but that could be hard to use due to its size. The campfire deco (can't remember the exact name) makes for a good outdoor cooking/bbq type setup for a more rustic theme, but the underworld stove would look like a bbq, too. If the hooks allow you could use the merchant stall from universal prefabs (IIRC), requires a large hook, with some of the above decos to make a kitchen like setup with plenty of counter space for food prep. I did this when I wanted to make a bar but didn't want to use a copero bar, so placed a merchant stall then positioned one of the bar sets to align with the stall's counter so they almost look like one piece. It would be nice if there were more kitchen/food prep/living space themed decos.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

sauceemynx
01.02.2019 , 10:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
This is just off the top of my head; I'm not in game to look atm. For a kitchen theme there's the underworld stove, both the underworld shelves and zakuulan cabinet make good pantries, the bar sets that you can buy on the CM, and the matrix converter looks like a chest freezer/cold storage unit. The rakata stasis chamber makes a good shower, and the imperial basic chair looks a bit like a toilet with the lid closed (there's another chair that would work too, the revanite I think, but can't check right now). The selkath solar statue makes a decent'ish mirror (better if there's some like shining on it). Only thing really lacking is a good vanity. You can use office partitions (if you can find them) to divide rooms for privacy. There's the spa arrangement but that could be hard to use due to its size. The campfire deco (can't remember the exact name) makes for a good outdoor cooking/bbq type setup for a more rustic theme, but the underworld stove would look like a bbq, too. If the hooks allow you could use the merchant stall from universal prefabs (IIRC), requires a large hook, with some of the above decos to make a kitchen like setup with plenty of counter space for food prep. I did this when I wanted to make a bar but didn't want to use a copero bar, so placed a merchant stall then positioned one of the bar sets to align with the stall's counter so they almost look like one piece. It would be nice if there were more kitchen/food prep/living space themed decos.
Those are excellent ideas--I'm definitely going to try some out. Thank you!

EDIT: I made a brilliant kitchen using the Underworld stove, shelves, & storage. Now I just have to try out the bathroom suggestions. Thanks once again!

Xina_LA
01.04.2019 , 01:29 PM | #10
Those are some nice ideas, using existing decorations, but here are ones that I would love to see in a bundle:

* A shower kit (medium/large floor hook). Maybe a nice sonic shower?
* A sink (small floor hook). Feel free to re-use the bowl from the wall fountain, just don't use a wall hook because it will never be close enough to the floor.
* A shelf of food items, basically a pantry shelf.
* A shelf of cooking utensils, pots and pans.
* An indoor stove that doesn't smoke, similar to the BBQ we already have.
* Something that looks a bit like a microwave (wall small hook).
* Counter space with cutting boards, utensils, and jars of spices etc. (floor medium narrow/medium)
* Wall shelves with food items (wall small/medium).
* A well-stocked wine rack.

Yes, it's "playing house", but that's the biggest thing to do with strongholds, as they haven't released new utility items (IE: mission consoles) in some time (ever?).

I'm also hoping for the Roast Gorak vendor from Asylum as a Large hook item.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--