Voss Planet Mission / The Dark Crystal Movie Connection

HZchaz

Spolier Warning: If you haven't done these missions turn away now.

Played through these missions and couldn't help but noticed a similarity.

1982 Dark Crystal Movie

2 Species Mystics and the Skeskis that were once one race separated because of corruption and the beaking apart of the Dark Crystal. They are only united after a piece of shard is placed back back in the crystal re-uniting the species.

Voss Planet mission story arc.

2 species the Voss and Goracks whom you come to find out were at one time one species but separated by corruption. You have to re-unite them by telling them this. At one point you even have to use a "Dark Crystal" to snap some of the possessed voss out of heir corruption.

HECK even the ancient Voss are called Mystics for crying out loud.

If you play this as a Jedi Knight you can take your companion KIRA and make it even more right in line.

Either this is a huge coincidence or Bioware is paying homage to that movie which not many people actually remember.

I think I am going to replay this mission and rename my character to Jen as oddly enough I already have a KIRA to do it with. LOL!!!!

Spolier Warning: If you haven't done these missions turn away now.

Played through these missions and couldn't help but noticed a similarity.

1982 Dark Crystal Movie

2 Species Mystics and the Skeskis that were once one race separated because of corruption and the beaking apart of the Dark Crystal. They are only united after a piece of shard is placed back back in the crystal re-uniting the species.

Voss Planet mission story arc.

2 species the Voss and Goracks whom you come to find out were at one time one species but separated by corruption. You have to re-unite them by telling them this. At one point you even have to use a "Dark Crystal" to snap some of the possessed voss out of heir corruption.

HECK even the ancient Voss are called Mystics for crying out loud.

If you play this as a Jedi Knight you can take your companion KIRA and make it even more right in line.

Either this is a huge coincidence or Bioware is paying homage to that movie which not many people actually remember.

I think I am going to replay this mission and rename my character to Jen as oddly enough I already have a KIRA to do it with. LOL!!!!

When coincidences are so large, it's not by chance. Nice find!

Don't forget to bring a fuzzy womp rat pet with you and call it Fizzgig!

• 2 years later...