Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

Sorwen

I got to admit it would have made it totaly worth the money if they had made that set exactly like the one on create screen. With the hood down it would have been great. I love how in almost all cut scenes, All the masters or other jedi you meet they have the hoods down yet we are stuck with every robe we get having hood up . They was supposed to put the hood up/down option in 1.2 but i guess it slipped thru the cracks.

The weird thing also is that that feature already exist in the game namely hooded robes and Twileks and the robes that have a hood resting on the shoulders also already exist.

Dunno *** the prbolem is tbh

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weird thing also is that that feature already exist in the game namely hooded robes and Twileks and the robes that have a hood resting on the shoulders also already exist.

Dunno *** the prbolem is tbh

Im with ya and the sith have alot of jedi looking robes that have the hood down on them . If nothing else they could have made a few of them universal to both factions maybe with diffrent color schemes. But to be honest thats one of the bigger contributing factors to faction in balance is the huge diffrence in gear apeal between factions.

And while you can mail items from your imps to reps or vise versa thats still no good because it converts the graphics skins.

Why are people who say the Legacy perks are worthless complaining about the price?

Because they want those perks, but are too busy feeling entitled to them to pay the money required. The perks aren't worthless, but the entitled minority likes to pretend they are in an effort to get prices reduced. Typical gamer mindset, sadly; complain until someone hears you and gives in, just to shut your up.

Ive said this before in these forums but this seems like a good place to repeat it...

I watched the guild summit, every minute of it. They stated that they are watching the economy closely and that 82% of the population has less than a million credits. Then they proceed to make the legacy stuff so expensive that you have to have several million to buy all of it. You have to have a couple of million to buy "some" of it. Less than a million? That doesnt get you much.

I am one of those people in the 82% bracket. I will never have time to grind out enough credits to get ALL the stuff, so fine, I can live with that. What I am having a hard time with though is that I probably wont see ANY of it. Maybe one or two things.

I am a SWTOR lover. I have an absolute blast playing this game despite the few things that bug me. The linear questing most notably. But the price of Legacy stuff is making me actually consider unsubbing, I am going to finish the chars I have started then rethink my position on how long I plan to sub to this game. It was definitely longer when I thought I could take advantage of at least SOME of the Legacy stuff.

Sorry but I am just not a grinder. I dont mind working for things in a game but I can NOT go grind out the credits it will take to get the things I want from the Legacy system and call it fun. They screwed the pooch again IMO..

M

PS They DID lead us to believe that it would take EITHER credtis or Legacy to obtain this stuff. I dont mind doing what it takes to get my legacy up but I DO mind grinding for creds. A lot of people who play like I do feel the same. I dont care if it takes me a month to gain one Legacy level because I dont have as much time to play as some others do. But I DO mind having to grind out stuff I dont enjoy (dailies for example) to earn credits to BUY the stuff. Hate me all you want for it, but I was simply expecting them to stick to what they said.

M

Edited by hippiechick

On a related note: I also don't want to have to pay for new skills every level or for learning how to ride a speeder! Especially different speeds is stupid.. I got a driver's license and I can drive a car that only goes 80 and one that goes 100 just as good!

Also, paying credits to send mails is stupid. And why does the GTN want me to deposit credits only to give them back to me again? And why does the Jedi council give me a ship, but I have to pay for my own fuel!?

Really, why do we need credits for all this stuff.. it should just be given when we earned it through whatever is used to earn the specific thing we want.

/sarcasm

PS. Actually.. you do pay credits for your PvE drops.. the credits you pay for it are called Repair Bills. Only PVP gets stuff with no credit investment.. you actually make money doing it!

Ive said this before in these forums but this seems like a good place to repeat it...

I watched the guild summit, every minute of it. They stated that they are watching the economy closely and that 82% of the population has less than a million credits. Then they proceed to make the legacy stuff so expensive that you have to have several million to buy all of it. You have to have a couple of million to buy "some" of it. Less than a million? That doesnt get you much.

I am one of those people in the 82% bracket. I will never have time to grind out enough credits to get ALL the stuff, so fine, I can live with that. What I am having a hard time with though is that I probably wont see ANY of it. Maybe one or two things.

I am a SWTOR lover. I have an absolute blast playing this game despite the few things that bug me. The linear questing most notably. But the price of Legacy stuff is making me actually consider unsubbing, I am going to finish the chars I have started then rethink my position on how long I plan to sub to this game. It was definitely longer when I thought I could take advantage of at least SOME of the Legacy stuff.

Sorry but I am just not a grinder. I dont mind working for things in a game but I can NOT go grind out the credits it will take to get the things I want from the Legacy system and call it fun. They screwed the pooch again IMO..

M

PS They DID lead us to believe that it would take EITHER credtis or Legacy to obtain this stuff. I dont mind doing what it takes to get my legacy up but I DO mind grinding for creds. A lot of people who play like I do feel the same. I dont care if it takes me a month to gain one Legacy level because I dont have as much time to play as some others do. But I DO mind having to grind out stuff I dont enjoy (dailies for example) to earn credits to BUY the stuff. Hate me all you want for it, but I was simply expecting them to stick to what they said.

M

Exactly. I couldn't have put it better.

On a related note: I also don't want to have to pay for new skills every level or for learning how to ride a speeder! Especially different speeds is stupid.. I got a driver's license and I can drive a car that only goes 80 and one that goes 100 just as good!

Also, paying credits to send mails is stupid. And why does the GTN want me to deposit credits only to give them back to me again? And why does the Jedi council give me a ship, but I have to pay for my own fuel!?

Really, why do we need credits for all this stuff.. it should just be given when we earned it through whatever is used to earn the specific thing we want.

/sarcasm

PS. Actually.. you do pay credits for your PvE drops.. the credits you pay for it are called Repair Bills. Only PVP gets stuff with no credit investment.. you actually make money doing it!

You're missing the point. I don't thing it's so much that people are mad that they have to pay credits for these things, it's that it just costs so much. I think people were led to believe that if they played the game, leveled up alts, we would be able to unlock as much legacy stuff as we want. That just did not happen. Do they want the legacy stuff to just be for the elite games that play constantly and grind all the time? I guess so.

But this conversation is moot. People complain, and BW doesn't do anything about it. I saw a bunch of people annoyed about the Unusual Egg being farmable, and what does BW do? Fix it, so that you can put it on the GTN.

Just because something is "optional" or "vanity" doesn't mean we don''t have a right to complain if we see something that we think is being done wrong. If they put something in the game, something they made a huge deal about, and based an entire patch on, and people got really excited about, it should be accessible. You should have to work for it, but isn't the work already being done in unlocking levels?

I think one of the only reason they made it cost so much money is because there were already people out there with high level legacies, before the patch. So they would have had it "too easy" to have everything unlocked. BW said to itself, "Hey guys, how do we fix this? These guys won't need to play anymore to unlock the stuff we made." everyone says in unison "Money!"

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?p=3401855#post3401855

The last paragraph is so funny.

I realize he's not a native English speaker, but I don't care what language you speak it's clear he's saying 2 different things in the same breath. The man should be a lawyer. Maybe he can help us understand what the definition of "is" is...

This is what it looks like when someone has a point.

I love the game but legacy is just too expensive at the moment.

Pre legacy i had roughly 8.5 mil, all of my guildies had something between 50k-500k.

I love having some of the cool legacy stuff but i would not mind a serious nerf to credit cost next patch so that my casual guildies who have the required legacy levels may enjoy them aswell.

With that said, in before "but i paid moar so everyoane should pay teh saim!"

M

M

I couldnt have said that better than you. Just like you , and many others i am sure, I thougt It was legacy level OR credit to get the perks... Now its both.

I was excited by the legacy system but it was badly designed.

And why does the Jedi council give me a ship, but I have to pay for my own fuel!?

The better question is, why does it cost me 75 credits to fly half way across the galaxy but cost me 300 credits to take a taxi from either one end of town to the other or take a taxi two stops down? I think the cost value of some things were not thought out clearly. It's like they got the kid from the lemonade stand to price one set of things and Donald Trump to price the others.

Aaaah, kids today... they want immediate satisfaction.

What happened to putting some effort into getting something?

Aye, they should really make the legacy stuff need a legacy level, a couple of million credits, an OPs boss kill and maybe a played time and total subbed time limit.

Or just buy them for $20 each on the Origins store. :D

And unlocked the ability to be unable to buy something for 2 million. Its awesome. My families legacy is about being crafters that are broke and I get to feel it at every level. I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.

Edit: I guess I should give them props for making the game life like at least.

HAHAHA yeah, funny thing is, i have been lvl 50 since december and i still can afford anything.

Because now when removing mods and bying augments etc keeps me constant broke.

And i still have only 2 gears with augment slots.I used to be able to get money from doing wz but bioware killed that with 1.2. The only way bioware support giving monet to players is doing pve something pvp players hate, talking about dailys.And when i try to raid the repaid cost is insane ! And sending out companions at lvl 50 for crafting materials yeah right, who can afford that . Well i guess it doent matter really, all the legacy stuff is just fluff anyways.

I couldnt have said that better than you. Just like you , and many others i am sure, I thougt It was legacy level OR credit to get the perks... Now its both.

I was excited by the legacy system but it was badly designed.

Yes thats what we all thought, legacy unlocks or paying for it. But this is what bioware does.

They say something then it's hold back or changed for the worse.

Legacy Level 24 here and between all the alts and 3 50's I think I've had at most maybe 1 Mil across the account maybe once. Yeah just not into grinding day after day for a vendor on my ship.

The current stuff isn't really worth it, for me at least. I bought the human species unlock, just because I hate playing humans in MMORPGs. Some of the 1.3 unlocks look interesting, so I'm saving my money for those.

Why are people who say the Legacy perks are worthless complaining about the price?

Because they want those perks, but are too busy feeling entitled to them to pay the money required. The perks aren't worthless, but the entitled minority likes to pretend they are in an effort to get prices reduced. Typical gamer mindset, sadly; complain until someone hears you and gives in, just to shut your up.

I agree, screw those idiots who think a game should be fun!

With 3 Lvl 50s and a legacy level of 32 I am finding the the Legacy System to be largely a bust. The prices of most of the unlocks are far too high for the usefulness of the perk. I have around 6 million credits between the 3 lvl 50s but I won't buy any of the overpriced unlocks that my legacy level has opened simply because the cost vs. the benefit is too far out of whack. They need to knock two zeroes off the prices to make the cost vs. the benefit worthwhile. Until then I can do without a vendor or a mailbox on my ships. And forget a neutral GTN terminal, the economy on my deserted server (Telos Restoration Project) is so broken that finding anything worthwhile for sale even on your own faction GTN is impossible much less on the neutral one. Less than 100 Imperials of all levels on last Saturday evening. Even fewer Reps.

I agree that the prices of the Legacy unlocks are entirely too expensive. Since Bioware runs metrics on everything, they clearly know how much money everyone has and how many people have bought these ridiculous unlocks. So, if Supply and Demand actually work (which I'm doubtful of since as the GMs, they can set the price at whatever they want with no repercussions or impact), then they will see whether these are "selling". If not, hopefully they will lower the price to a reasonable amount to spur legacy unlock purchases.

I know they would never release any information on this, but I'd love to hear a) What % of people in the game with the appropriate legacy level could afford these unlocks and b) What % of them actually purchased which unlocks - if any. I think these numbers would be pretty telling that they completly mis-priced the legacy unlocks.

Prices should be cut in half honestly. This coming from someone who has everything unlocked for legacy stuff, besides Rocket Boost & Upgrades. I am Legacy lvl 44 now or 43, I can't quite recall of top my head.

Yes I spent all that money & then some(payed for guild tab myself & still drop 200k a week in the guild vaults)

But I firmly believe those prices should be cut 1/2. As is the Ship GTN isn't very useful, because of the price. Barely anyone uses it.

JJ

You are right everything would be way better if they gave it away for free and everyone had it.

Some would think just getting to the legacy level is enough of an effort......

I mean I'm legacy 16-17..... and don't have anything to show for it other than the extra buffs, which aren't even because of my legacy level but rather the fact I have 3 different classes that finished chapter 2 of their class quests.

The legacies themselves are just plain awful.... I mean who really needs an hour less cooldown on their fleet pass?? Who even leaves the fleet any more once they're 50? Legacies were hastily thrown together (obvious), and then thrown on huge price tags for the ones actually worth anything, so that no one grinded them out too fast.

What grinds my gears more than anything about the whole legacy thing..... why do all my characters HAVE to be a part of the same legacy?? I wanted a different last name for some of my guys, but no I am stuck with the same one for all.... like my Twi'lek smuggler is somehow related to my human Vanguard??? Its so silly, and so easy for them to allow the ability to make it more customizable.

I agree that the Legacy awards are pure rot. They offer no incentive to make alts and just seem like a lazy idea thrown into the pot at an infantile stage. Much like the design of this entire game.

Legacy Level 24 here and between all the alts and 3 50's I think I've had at most maybe 1 Mil across the account maybe once. Yeah just not into grinding day after day for a vendor on my ship.

/HIGHFIVE

Close to legacy lvl29 and i really do not see why future legacy xp boosts should require high legacy lvl AND creditfarm.

I can understand that shipvendor/GTN/rocketboost are all a bit pricy since it's pure luxury but if the future legacy xp boosts will cost 1 mil each (or more)...there is a chance that i might end up dissapointed in this game, which would be the first time.