Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

You got what you wanted... There aren't enough apac players so they did what needed to be done. I fail to see how they have wronged you when you demand they fix the population...

I just want to clarify a few things here. After seeing how much greener the grass is in other games, SWTOR has failed me in more ways than one. I have a complete lack of confidence in this game and I may play it very casually in the future under the F2P model but for now, I am not contributing a single cent more to this train wreck.

Now lets compare SWTOR to Rift...

Customer Service

Besides the lack of communication initially in this thread, I had an unpleasant experience with BW CS over the phone. I had to call an international number and I spoke to someone who wasn't that helpful and who's English was poor. I had problems with authenticating my account and they blamed me for it. After about 20 minutes the muppet worked out it was a restriction they put on my account. GG BW/EA!!

I called Rift CS regarding getting the security on my account changed. I called a LOCAL number from Sydney and spoke to a CS representative in Dallas. He spoke clear English and even asked me how the weather was. He was most friendly and apologised due to the inconvenience of me having to call them. I felt very satisfied by contacting them.

Server Transfers

SWTOR is implementing this very poorly!!!! I have now been on 3 SWTOR servers due to previous servers being shut down. And before all the fan boys flame me about the APAC player base, we got the players, just EA/BW failed to deliver content etc etc etc... infact this shouldn't even be discussed here... their own failings drew the players away. OH AND SERVER TRANSFERS COST YOU MONEY!!!! The current transfer system sucks

Rift allow you to transfer any of your characters once per week to any ruleset of servers and all you have to do is log into the game, click transfer, select your shard, then type "transfer" to confirm. Under their F2P model they have mentioned they still may keep this free which is great!!!

Game Engine

SWTOR is well... bad. Dont blame my PC either, it runs everything great. Loading screens are slow, world PVP just cant happen, you cant even have more than 16 players in a WZ as the engine is bad.They cant even implement speach bubbles, plus lots of other things that have been mentioned over and over in other posts.

Rift loads in minimum time, you can even multibox if you are one of those that like that kind of thing. I can run the game in Ultra mode with nil issues. PvP can have tonnes of players running around without the game dropping to <10 FPS.

Cross Server Integration

Well SWTOR sucks... no x server PVE instances or PvP warzones... see point above regarding bad game engine.

Rift is awesome, cross server war fronts, raids, dungeons, you can even visit shards etc where you have friends.

F2P Model

SWTOR is terrible. Its pay to play (enable run, actions bars etc etc) and the Cartel Market is a complete rip off.

Coming June 12 and it looks awesome!!! Pretty much everything is on offer with only a few minor restrictions but NO WHERE NEAR as restrictive as SWTOR

I could go on and on and on. I think the biggest problem with SWTOR is that Electronic Arts, the company voted the worlds worst company 2 years in a row is behind this game. EA only care about one thing and that is money. After going back to Rift recently and seeing just how awesome the game is and how generous TRION have been with RAPTR rewards and the recent announcement of their F2P model.... SWTOR is just a major turn off for me now... Im really sad that I now feel the way I do about SWTOR. This game had so much potential but it's just been ruined for me.

Anyways feel free to flame me abuse me or whatever. I wont be replying as I think I have to pay for that. My game time ends tomorrow.

Adios

<3 Chippy

PS!!! Thanks to everyone that has made this thread awesome!!! IT IS THE MOST DISCUSSED THREAD SINCE LAUNCH and will be a constant reminder of how things can go wrong and how a community can unite as one and try and take on the cash driven Electronic Arts!!! Thanks for your support!!! Haters gonna hate but to the rest of you, thanks again!

PPS i'm Chipy@seastone in rift.

Edited by Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to clarify a few things here. After seeing how much greener the grass is in other games, SWTOR has failed me in more ways than one. I have a complete lack of confidence in this game and I may play it very casually in the future under the F2P model but for now, I am not contributing a single cent more to this train wreck.

Customer Service

Besides the lack of communication initially in this thread, I had an unpleasant experience with BW CS over the phone. I had to call an international number and I spoke to someone who wasn't that helpful and who's English was poor. I had problems with authenticating my account and they blamed me for it. After about 20 minutes the muppet worked out it was a restriction they put on my account. GG BW/EA!!

I called Rift CS regarding getting the security on my account changed. I called a LOCAL number from Sydney and spoke to a CS representative in Dallas. He spoke clear English and even asked me how the weather was. He was most friendly and apologised due to the inconvenience of me having to call them. I felt very satisfied by contacting them.

Server Transfers

SWTOR is implementing this very poorly!!!! I have now been on 3 SWTOR servers due to previous servers being shut down. And before all the fan boys flame me about the APAC player base, we got the players, just EA/BW failed to deliver content etc etc etc... infact this shouldn't even be discussed here... their own failings drew the players away. OH AND SERVER TRANSFERS COST YOU MONEY!!!! The current transfer system sucks

Rift allow you to transfer any of your characters once per week to any ruleset of servers and all you have to do is log into the game, click transfer, select your shard, then type "transfer" to confirm. Under their F2P model they have mentioned they still may keep this free which is great!!!

Game Engine

SWTOR is well... bad. Dont blame my PC either, it runs everything great. Loading screens are slow, world PVP just cant happen, you cant even have more than 16 players in a WZ as the engine is bad.They cant even implement speach bubbles, plus lots of other things that have been mentioned over and over in other posts.

Rift loads in minimum time, you can even multibox if you are one of those that like that kind of thing. I can run the game in Ultra mode with nil issues. PvP can have tonnes of players running around without the game dropping to <10 FPS.

Cross Server Integration

Well SWTOR sucks... no x server PVE instances or PvP warzones... see point above regarding bad game engine.

Rift is awesome, cross server war fronts, raids, dungeons, you can even visit shards etc where you have friends.

F2P Model

SWTOR is terrible. Its pay to play (enable run, actions bars etc etc) and the Cartel Market is a complete rip off.

Coming June 12 and it looks awesome!!! Pretty much everything is on offer with only a few minor restrictions but NO WHERE NEAR as restrictive as SWTOR

I could go on and on and on. I think the biggest problem with SWTOR is that Electronic Arts, the company voted the worlds worst company 2 years in a row is behind this game. EA only care about one thing and that is money. After going back to Rift recently and seeing just how awesome the game is and how generous TRION have been with RAPTR rewards and the recent announcement of their F2P model.... SWTOR is just a major turn off for me now... Im really sad that I now feel the way I do about SWTOR. This game had so much potential but it's just been ruined for me.

Anyways feel free to flame me abuse me or whatever. I wont be replying as I think I have to pay for that. My game time ends tomorrow.

Adios

<3 Chippy

PS!!! Thanks to everyone that has made this thread awesome!!! IT IS THE MOST DISCUSSED THREAD SINCE LAUNCH and will be a constant reminder of how things can go wrong and how a community can unite as one and try and take on the cash driven Electronic Arts!!! Thanks for your support!!! Haters gonna hate but to the rest of you, thanks again!

Great Post once again Chippy!

Its a clear show how badly this game was designed, implemented and managed. Bioware may pull it out of the fire, anything is possible, but SWTOR is no longer up there as far as MMO's go. Its now just a little guy sitting on the side lines, fighting everyday to stay alive. I recently moved across to Planetside 2. Its a great game, still a little buggy, but hey, least they have oceanic servers :p Playing SWTOR has almost dropped my games list. Starting to consider if the subs is worth it. Rather be playing other MMO's at the moment.

Thank you Bioware for restoring our guild tabs. :)

I do hope that others in the same situation are able to get their banks sorted also =)

Now to tell the mules that they will be able to unload ^_^

Thanks again.

They did? Sounds excellent, have to log in and try!!

Thank you Bioware for restoring our guild tabs. :)

I do hope that others in the same situation are able to get their banks sorted also =)

Now to tell the mules that they will be able to unload ^_^

Thanks again.

How did you get this done? Ours are still unrestored with no word from Customer Service. No word from Customer Service as of yet though. Would really appreciate some help, I'm probably being ignored after I threw my last tantrum. :o

Edited by WizardsDestiny

I had my ticket submitted since the 2nd and had updated it when my guilds were disbanded and when I found out about the FAQs change and expressed my annoyance.

Also posting on here in several threads might have helped too though I'm not too sure.

Maybe submit a thread or reply in one of the threads already started in the Customer Service forum too.

In my ticket I gave details of the characters who were the GM (we had a Rep and Imp side guild), how many tabs we had opened on each side and when I disbanded the guilds and details of the guilds on our new server (server we were on, character name of the GM)

I assume they confirm your guild on the old server has been disbanded beforehand to stop the risk of you ending up with your old guild moving over in the merge and you having access to more bank tabs.

Anyway came home from work and found the tabs had been restored =)

Hope you get yours sorted soon =)

I've heard legacy titles are disappearing too - is it just Living Legend, or others too?

Any other bugs people have found yet? I wanna get this all squared away before I move.

It also affects other Legacy titles, not just Living Legend. I lost my Prolific (Lvl 30) and Dedicated (lvl 20) titles but not the achievements.

I also combined 2 legacies from Master Dar'Nala and Dalborra to Harbinger with disastrous results! All the achievements which I had started but not completed that required xx/XX have all been bumped up with outrageous numbers like 6600/1000 and now they are all broken and not able to be Completed.

I had my ticket submitted since the 2nd and had updated it when my guilds were disbanded and when I found out about the FAQs change and expressed my annoyance.

Also posting on here in several threads might have helped too though I'm not too sure.

Maybe submit a thread or reply in one of the threads already started in the Customer Service forum too.

In my ticket I gave details of the characters who were the GM (we had a Rep and Imp side guild), how many tabs we had opened on each side and when I disbanded the guilds and details of the guilds on our new server (server we were on, character name of the GM)

I assume they confirm your guild on the old server has been disbanded beforehand to stop the risk of you ending up with your old guild moving over in the merge and you having access to more bank tabs.

Anyway came home from work and found the tabs had been restored =)

Hope you get yours sorted soon =)

Wow, hope they do the same for us, thanks for all your help!

It also affects other Legacy titles, not just Living Legend. I lost my Prolific (Lvl 30) and Dedicated (lvl 20) titles but not the achievements.

I also combined 2 legacies from Master Dar'Nala and Dalborra to Harbinger with disastrous results! All the achievements which I had started but not completed that required xx/XX have all been bumped up with outrageous numbers like 6600/1000 and now they are all broken and not able to be Completed.

this ^^ need some info on exactly these problems

Hmm, so is it just combining two legacies which leads to the achievements being bugged? Not to sound selfish, but I only have one legacy, so if that's the cause, I should be safe!

As far as guild bank tabs go - this seems pretty clear cut to me now. If they have done it for one guild, they have to do it for all of them. Thanks so much for posting on this - but I would like to see official confirmation from BW. Do we need to disband on Dalborra first? What's the criteria? Great to have some details please, BW.

Customer Service

Server Transfers

Game Engine

Cross Server Integration

F2P Model

Adios

<3 Chippy

Rift sucks, most of your opinions are lies, oh and rift is dying fast. Have fun.

Customer Service

Server Transfers

Game Engine

Cross Server Integration

F2P Model

Adios

<3 Chippy

Eh sorry but Rift no longer has a customer services number they got rid of it because they are going free to play.

Also Rifts free to play model suxs its fully pay to win. They sell high end pve and pvp gear in the cash shop so have fun getting pwned by other players who have spend hundreds of $$ in the cash shop.

Also Trion are rip off artists. They got everyone last year to pay for 1 year subs when they knew they were going free to play and they kept telling everyone they wouldn't ever go free to play.

As a long time Rift player I am disgusted with what they have done and I will never play Rift or another Trion game.

The one year sub they scam from me is the last money they will ever see from me.

So seeing as how my ping is literally 10 times worse on harbringer, has anyone found an effective tunneling service for swtor? tried a few but they had no effect or made it worse...

That's been my experience as well. My ping is not quite ten times worse, but the proxy/tunnelling services that I've tried have done nothing to improve it.

So seeing as how my ping is literally 10 times worse on harbringer, has anyone found an effective tunneling service for swtor? tried a few but they had no effect or made it worse...

I'm using pingzapper atm and getting stable 210ms around the fleet, but it jumps toward 350ish in wz which causes 2-3sec cast delay, therefore robbing me the joy of PvPing.

This is one of the major reason that I moved all my character from US server to APAC server when it opened, PvP isn't ideal with high ping and cast delays, no more ranked WZ matches...

Oh EA and you wonder why you have been voted as the worst company of the year every year...=.=;

I only know of two that friends have used with good results -- but idk how they'll work for you.

WTFast (might have a trial) and reducethelag (definitely has a 30-day trial). Might be good to start up a thread on the CS forums -- a few of us constantly help out with lag issues. If you try any of them, make sure you do a pathping and traceroute -- that way you can see if it should make a difference, and what it is actually changing.

If you don't know much about pathping or traceroutes -- there are guides on how to do them on the CS FAQ, and you can post the results. OwenBrooks, myself, and a few others can explain it for ya and try to give some insight.

Good luck! =D

Hey, so Erik says the 12 character bug is fixed, is that what everyone is finding? Have people successfully moved more than 12 toons now?

I've heard legacy titles are disappearing too - is it just Living Legend, or others too?

Any other bugs people have found yet? I wanna get this all squared away before I move.

I lost my legacy level titles as well, apart from living legend that my operative healer is wearing , and it does not appear in my legacy title selection screen so I am not taking it off till it is fixed.

Status update on my character transfer:

It is now 72 hours (3 days) since I initated character transfer for my last character on Dalborra. After 2 tickets both closed without helping, the character is still stuck in transfer Queue lockout.

And dont bother sending me the same unhelpfull Messages. I know the FAQ; I know why the character is stuck; it' because of that infamous 12/12 character Slots full bug. I cleared a slot and I am now at 11/12

Hmm, so is it just combining two legacies which leads to the achievements being bugged? Not to sound selfish, but I only have one legacy, so if that's the cause, I should be safe!

Nope, only 1 legacy here & I lost all non-Reputation granted legacy titles despite the fact they're still marked as "Completed" AND being worn on some toons.

Incomplete achievement progress has been multiplied by the amount of toons transferred.

For example:

> 13 toons transferred from Dalborra to Bastion.

> I Am Death Incarnate: 28322 on Dalborra; 368186 on Bastion.

> 13x28322=368186

Edited by MrRuck

Nope, only 1 legacy here & I lost all non-Reputation granted legacy titles despite the fact they're still marked as "Completed" AND being worn on some toons.

Incomplete achievement progress has been multiplied by the amount of toons transferred.

For example:

> 13x28322=368186

I never bothered doing the math (not my strong suit). That actually seems to work. Since it only happens on achievements that were in progress that would be right. Thanks for doing the workings on this.

devs;

I'm starting to notice a HUGE problem with the free early server transfers.

As you already know finding a group can be a $#%& but every day i log on the only thing people are talking about are these transfers and I've even noticed a drop in population already and its even harder to find groups now as time goes on, by the time the whole server transfers the population may only be (insert percentage) or less of what it was making the rest of us pay the price especially if its going to take "MONTHS" for the whole server transfer.

If its going to happen anyway I definitely DON"T want more time for (insert reason).

FP/WZ/Heroics/operations/groups will become impossible as time goes on...

just my two cents on how bad it "could" get and its quickly heading this way already...if this takes a long time...even though some of us did want free early server transfers, it isn't without cost to everyone else...

For example:

> 13x28322=368186

OMG, thanks for doing the maths! If it is easy to work out, then I have faith that BW can restore it to what it was, not reset to 0.

Wait, did I just talk about having faith in BW? Whoops, must be a typo :p

For example:

> 13x28322=368186

Yes, confirmed that the number of characters transferred is directly multiplied to the progress at the time of transfer. Funnily enough if that number exactly matches a required achievement number then that achievement is erroneously awarded.....

CrazyMcGee :

OMG, thanks for doing the maths! If it is easy to work out, then I have faith that BW can restore it to what it was, not reset to 0.

Wait, did I just talk about having faith in BW? Whoops, must be a typo

What is said cannot be unsaid! ;) I am hopeful though now that the numbers have been worked out that they can find an easy fix that won't divide by zero, again.... :eek: