I'm so glad everyone complained about Healing like they did in Rift as well.

Xsorus

So not only do we have crappy healing, we now have a bunch of healers quitting as well.

Seriously Bioware, you can't balance the game around nubs who thought it was fine for a single DPS to be able to kill a Healer.

Now Healing is pretty much useless, as you get 2 competent DPS on ya, not even a few healers on that target can keep him up.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So not only do we have crappy healing, we now have a bunch of healers quitting as well.

Seriously Bioware, you can't balance the game around nubs who thought it was fine for a single DPS to be able to kill a Healer.

Now Healing is pretty much useless, as you get 2 competent DPS on ya, not even a few healers on that target can keep him up.

BW said many will not be happy,you guys had a good ride with your bugged mechanic that you used,now it's time to step up with the big boys,sink or swim,thats up to you.

BW said many will not be happy,you guys had a good ride with your bugged mechanic that you used,now it's time to step up with the big boys,sink or swim,thats up to you.

I'm a pyro powertech, not a healer

Whine 1 1 what is your emergency

Oh what you don;t have one.

You mean you haven't analyzed the numbers and seen with full BM you actually have a bit more healing.

That isn't true. And even if it were, DPS in PvP went through the roof.

You mean you haven't analyzed the numbers and seen with full BM you actually have a bit more healing.

You do realise BM gear doesn't change what abilities do right?

It's not like we can cast without dying or anything!

I've played 1 warzone today as my 50 Sorc. Healer.

250k-ish healing done. Next highest Healer was 110k.

11 medals.

4 MVP votes.

85 Commendations earned in a win in the new Warzone.

Probably a fluke because I had a tank stick guard on me AND stayed with me the entire time. This was in a PuG too!

Since you might ask anyways...

Valor Rank 60.

Full Champion Gear minus moddable bracers and lightsaber.

Not 1 piece of BM gear or Recruit gear. 556 expertise total.

I will grant you that it was just one warzone and the true test will come tonight when I get home.

But overall, I didn't die in 1/2 a second. I was able to heal and keep group members up, mostly. I did miss... a lot... the ability to drop my 2.3 second cast heal to 1.3 seconds, but instead threw out more AoE heals, Hots, Innervates and the small heal (whatever it's name is). The amount of 'bubbles' thrown was about the same. Always when the target isn't de-ionized.

Just a snapshot, but in that one, it wasn't so bad. Though to be honest, I'm going to cringe when I get a Huttball. I really can't stand that map. I struggle in Huttball.

Expertise now does not scale healing anywhere like it should.

I was currently in full BM gear sitting around 13% bonus healing from expertise, it is now cut down to 7%

Almost halved the bonus from healing you recieve in PVP gear, not to mention the over nerfs to Sorc/Merc healing.

Unless you are guarded and your tank sits on you the whole fight you die in a matter of seconds to more than 1 dps.

Not to mention you must choose to either heal or dps you cannot do a mix of both anymore or you will overheat, as a merc anyway.

PVP healing had been reduced to the point of being irrelevant, rated teams will barley have 2 healers, better to stack heavy DPS class's and 1-2 tanks and maybe 1 healer.

What a joke BW

I probably played 25 wz today and my voidstar high was 565k. Healing is probably down 15-20% on my sage but it was too easy before, at least now we have to think rather than spam away.

Do we die more, absolutely, but since getting back into the match is so quick it is more like a full force regen than a death.

A good sage/sorc can still out heal any of the other classes easily.

I'm actually glad is wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Hai, buddy. Saw you in a lot of WZs today. You were 3 shotting people it seems.

Good times.

Lol you are really a noob in math right?

22,6% Damage Buff

18,x % Damage Reduction

12,56% Heal Buff

FULL BATTLEMASTER GEAR

+ 30% Trauma Debuff.

new Heat/Ammo Mechanik, no fast heal from Sorcs who do more then 2,5k heal. 9k Krits from Marauder in Annhilation Specc ( a friend of mine did that against a known BM geared Sage who is a decent player and he just laughed about the new mechanics)

New Expertise System that ***** new Players :)

And you really say somebody heal more?

Yeah people like many of us with premades, and a new adaption for the changes in pvp heal still in numbers over 300k sometimes over 400k nearly up to 500k again. But thats not even possible against burst damage.

So Sorcs outheal other Classes in Numbers, but thats all numbers..

Effective healing against burst damage from 1 or maybe 2 player's is impossible.

Bh's cant do it now more then just a couple of seconds, and scoundrels/sabo's could never do it anyway.

Burst damage now is unhealable, what do every decent premade do? Focussed BURST DAMAGE like we always did.

Its a DPS Race now and it will be until some changes are made, the broken mechanic on sorcs needed to be gone thats true, but well we reported it to bioware in open beta when the bug first occured.

So what you want to say to the Pugs?

Yep the same as i do, make premades, learn to adapt, get better gear (oh wait thats impossible for those pugs out there and new players with the new reward system), learn the weaknes of all classes, and they'r strenght. And avoid buffed Marauders/Sentinels in Annhilation/Watcmen specc who can give you up to 9k krits beside the dots...

Edited by Elkantar

If they had common sense they would've nerfed healing OR healing ignore on expertise. Not both while simultaneously buffing damage output.

Don't complain to the community, complain to Bioware who doesn't have enough common sense to not change several variables at once without adequate testing.

You're actually claiming that your idea of balance is for one player with one spec to actually be, by design, unable to kill a player of a different spec?

:w_rolls_eyes:

Edited by Altruismo

11 medals.

4 MVP votes.

Probably a fluke because I had a tank stick guard on me AND stayed with me the entire time. This was in a PuG too!

Valor Rank 60.

I will grant you that it was just one warzone and the true test will come tonight when I get home.

But overall, I didn't die in 1/2 a second. I was able to heal and keep group members up, mostly. I did miss... a lot... the ability to drop my 2.3 second cast heal to 1.3 seconds, but instead threw out more AoE heals, Hots, Innervates and the small heal (whatever it's name is). The amount of 'bubbles' thrown was about the same. Always when the target isn't de-ionized.

Just a snapshot, but in that one, it wasn't so bad. Though to be honest, I'm going to cringe when I get a Huttball. I really can't stand that map. I struggle in Huttball.

Yes, it was a fluke. I can't recall the last time I've ever seen tanks care whether a healer lived or died in pvp.

You're actually claiming that your idea of balance is for one player with one spec to actually be, by design, unable to kill a player of a different spec?

:w_rolls_eyes:

Yet that player, by design, couldn't kill anyone but the king of noobs because he sacrificed all dps for healing. That's what we call balance in the mmo world.

11 medals.

4 MVP votes.

Valor Rank 60.

Hate to break it to you, but you can't drop the 2.3 second heal to 1.3 anymore. They removed that. You weren't missing anything; it was never there.

Edited by AkilZodiac

Yet that player, by design, couldn't kill anyone but the king of noobs because he sacrificed all dps for healing. That's what we call balance in the mmo world.

There's no healing spec that can't do any damage, but there are DPS specs that can't do any healing.

If the DPS can not - this is your rule - can not kill the healer, the healer absolutely will win, every time. That's how attrition works.

That isn't balance, it's OP healing.

I was trying to not be too down on this patch with regard to healing and just wait and see how it played. Sad to say that it's even worse than I imagined it would be. Healing (at least for sages) is a complete joke now in PVP. I'm hoping it's not as bad in a raid environment or I guess it's time to find a new class or just wait for GW2 to be released. Sage has gone from fun to play and an asset to the team to a worthless waste of space in a group.

I hope all the complainers about healing enjoy the new death/zerg-fest that is going to be the new norm in WZ matches because I guess that's what people wanted? Yeah, that's so fun..sitting behind an invisible wall. BW could have fixed the conveyance bug and made some small tweaks but instead went way overboard. Not too cool and I'm guessing will not have a very positive ripple effect in the game. Oh well.

There's no healing spec that can't do any damage, but there are DPS specs that can't do any healing.

If the DPS can not - this is your rule - can not kill the healer, the healer absolutely will win, every time. That's how attrition works.

That isn't balance, it's OP healing.

Warzones are 8v8. Arguments based around 1v1s are moot.

Scoundrel healers got a pretty nice buff. I'm doing very well now, averaging between 200-300k healing per match.

Weren't trooper and sage heals bugged in their favor? I thought that was the reason for their nerf.

Mercs were never bugged that was just the sorcs, irregardless the overall nerf is healing encourages nothing but zerg fest dps warzones