Which planet story arc fits best with the character stories SPOILERS!

kepeskvaeri

BEFORE YOU READ ANYMORE SPOILERS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

Ok most of us who reads these threads likely agrees that the player characters is the most ****** MF:s of the era. As such theu gace probably mastered the awesome power of multitasking and as they have carved their way through the nameless hordes of villains and nobodies the idea comes to them that Hey I should probably help out and get paid for it.

Which of the planet missions fits well together with how you play the character (LS DS pragmatic greedy or patriotic), and which stories yourc character would most likely take part in. Here is my top ideas:

Sith warrior: As Darth Baras said specifekly to him kill everyone in the factory on Balmorra he most likely did take part in operation breaking point from beginning to end to cover up the fact that he was cleaning up any trace of Baras spy network and to score a little favour with Darth Lacriss and through her Darth Marr her master. Honestly it would have looked relly suspicious if Baras apprentice started to show up at the exact planets that was under investigation, in doing so it was so overt that it was covert.

Another one that just seem so obvious was Taris, you are there to kill a whole bunch of Republic generals and I dont remember the exact details but I think you got some reinforcments with you so wy not help out Darth Gravus and gain another ally amongst the high ranking Sith.

Belsavis could go either warrior or inquisitor as far as I am conserned as a warrior you are there on the emperors behalf to kill Darth Ekkage and rob Baras of a powerfull ally and maybee recruit her army of assasins (I always do that it seems so stupid not to) why notmix business with business and free the emperors most trusted and feared servants as well.

SIth inquisitor: as said Belsavis fits the inquisitor quite well to if you free the dreadmasters you would gain some heavy favour with the emperor and that is someone Thanataon would not arguee against. Well maybe i could even be a joint mission? The Wrath meets his old study budy and offers her a chance to do some good for the empire and who knows what else (seriously if you could build a romance between these to I would be the first to play it hihihi).

Tatooine is also one I can see the inqusitor do looking for ancient artifact in the forgoten sands of the unexplored regions of the desert world in the middle of nowhere (that for some reason happens to be a playing ground for a rediculus amount of major events troughout the entire star wars univers why is that are the writer relly so lazy that they cnat come upp with new planets?)

Hoth I pu down as a maybee my favourite idea here is actually a heroic quest where som sith has gone rouge and tken their two dozen acolytes with them. Why not go in there with Khem looking al monsterlike kill the masters in a colourfull manor and offer the remaining sith to serve you, after all they get to serve a future Dark Council member and you get som new recruits to you power base, since you are trying to build one to oppose Thanaton you could use all the help you can get.

Corellia is also one that the wrrior and the inquisitor could do together but iI always do it with the inquisitor because it seems so logical. Thanaton is trying to prove that you are unworthy and corrupt but you prove him wrong by helping Darth Decimus to take over one of the republic most iconic core worlds almost single handedly gaining and ally in the Dark council an giving Thanaton the finger at the same time,

Now to the republic side of the fence I generally thought that most of the class stories were booring and yawned my way through them, but since i dont want to seem like a complete Empire partial A-hole her is the most obivous one for me:

Belsavis with the JC. I can not see any other class doing this one since both the planet sory arc and the JC story arc evolves around handling these aliens whos name I can not remember. I did would even have known how to react to them if I haf not played the JC first.

Now there was my ideas now what is yours?

Edited by kepeskvaeri

The Alderaan and Balmorra arcs fit very well with the Consular's class stories, IMO. In both cases the goals are aligned and it doesn't feel jarring to do them in tandem (most of the time, I'll run class and planetary arcs separately, even though it means retreading areas - it just feels more coherent that way).

IA: As a Chiss <my agent> - Hoth. As a loyal Imperial agent - Voss planet story line and the Alderaan story line seemed like right up that alley. Also, the whole Microbinocular arc seems tailor-made for an agent.

RT : Corellia. Actually got to do what soldiers do. Lead troops in battle.

SI: I concur with the other poster - Tatooine. I just think it's a pity you don't get Talos until later in the SI story, he would have made the ideal companion for wanting to explore old ruins and forgotten Rakata lore.

BH: none of the planetary arcs, although the Tatooine bonus missions had some Mando cred. I'll hold out for BBA week and Darvanis in KOTFE :-)

JK: Voss: Fighting an entity that wants to destroy a planet? hey, sounds like what the Knight does on their own missions. Before Breakfast. :D

SW: Balmorra. Fight against the Republic.

JC: Nar Shaddaa & Makeb : Negotiating with the Hutts.

SM: Hard to say. Closest the Smuggler actually gets to actually.... smuggling - in planetary missions.. is the one mission on Ord Mantell with the droid.

There are a couple of definite no's that I can see.

Firstly, the Inquisitor definitely doesn't do Voss; it fundamentally would make no sense, since the Voss hate the Inquisitor on sight and want to drive her off the planet. Secondly, I very much doubt that the Consular does Alderaan, since it would be a conflict of interest to focus on fixing a peace summit while also fighting tooth and nail for House Organa. Thirdly, the Jedi Knight doing Voss would make the entire ending nonsensical, since the fear of the Voss-Gormak war empowering Sel-Makor wouldn't exist after the Knight's already killed Sel-Makor.

Beyond that, I mostly agree with the OP, as far as it goes. Though I think that the Warrior should do Corellia, since the Warrior fits better into the Voss-Corellia-Ilum arc, in my opinion (and it feels most appropriate for the Emperor's Wrath to deal with Darth Malgus).