Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AOE targeting reticule needs to indicate actual targeted area.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
AOE targeting reticule needs to indicate actual targeted area.

ndruo
01.11.2012 , 01:16 PM | #1
I personally noticed this with Mortar Volley, I have been told it's an issue with Death From Above as well, and I would not be surprised one bit if it affected other AOE abilities that I have not mentioned:

The AOE targeting reticule only points out the center of the AOE, but does nothing to indicate the actual range of damage. I've heard reports that this is the case for PVE boss AOE as well, which is awkward indeed for tanks and DPS and downright terrifying for their healers.

I can kinda-sorta understand boss AOE radius not being completely discernible as it might be "too obvious" and adds another level of required expertise during an encounter, but I can only kinda-sorta understand this. It seems to be an awkward way to artificially increase a boss' difficulty.

But as far as player targeting goes, I should know exactly what I'm going to be hitting. Please change AOE targeting reticules to accurately indicate the area being affected.

Thanks brahs.
LASERBEAMS
Shadowtown's laseriest and beamiest Commando!

TaxmanBob
01.11.2012 , 02:48 PM | #2
100% agree. It's not a major concern but it certainly is annoying.

DarrkLore
01.11.2012 , 02:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ndruo View Post
I personally noticed this with Mortar Volley, I have been told it's an issue with Death From Above as well, and I would not be surprised one bit if it affected other AOE abilities that I have not mentioned:

The AOE targeting reticule only points out the center of the AOE, but does nothing to indicate the actual range of damage. I've heard reports that this is the case for PVE boss AOE as well, which is awkward indeed for and DPS and downright terrifying for their healers.
Yep Powertech here to back that up for Death from Above. It actually has about a 3 meter wider reach than what the target shows. I'd like to see them change this too. You have to approximate where you put it in large groups and most of the time I hit my mark, but sometimes I miss =/
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

elvigy
01.11.2012 , 03:21 PM | #4
Ditto with Force Quake for sages. Not that big of a deal and I've gotten a pretty good sense of where to put it and how far it reaches, but somewhere down the line it would be nice if they could correct it.

SandTrout
01.11.2012 , 04:02 PM | #5
Orbital Strike on Agents as well.
Nerf not, lest ye be nerfed.

bigmanjokk
01.11.2012 , 04:03 PM | #6
Same with Force Storm, seems like its almost got twice the shown area of effect

ndruo
01.11.2012 , 06:58 PM | #7
If those of you who are replying could rate this thread 5 stars to get it some attention, this will be added faster.

Thanks!
LASERBEAMS
Shadowtown's laseriest and beamiest Commando!

Sivn
01.11.2012 , 07:08 PM | #8
+1million

OsirisWhite
01.11.2012 , 07:13 PM | #9
Both Orbital Strike and Suppressive Fire suffer from this on Imperial Agents. It affects every AOE that I am aware of.

Korevas
01.11.2012 , 08:10 PM | #10
All placed aoes seem to get same marker which is also quite obtrusive. A simple circle would have been fine for me, but some might favor eye candy above that. I'd vote for a toggle for it.