Tanking Stat Weights

dipstik

Would a vanguard now be better off with two proc relics, such as, say one def pro and one shield proc? (assuming I want passive non-clicky relics... right I got an ewh and def proc relic)

Abs proc and Def proc are now the effective BiS for all tanks. Swapping out the Abs proc relic for a Shield/Abs use relic for specific fights, such as TfB, Writhing Horror, and other bosses with significant tank downtime is BiS for those fights, but it's conditional and only a marginal improvement. The general case that will work for pretty much everyone is double proc relics (which I think is actually the new BiS for *everyone*).

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abs proc and Def proc are now the effective BiS for all tanks. Swapping out the Abs proc relic for a Shield/Abs use relic for specific fights, such as TfB, Writhing Horror, and other bosses with significant tank downtime is BiS for those fights, but it's conditional and only a marginal improvement. The general case that will work for pretty much everyone is double proc relics (which I think is actually the new BiS for *everyone*).

Has it been confirmed that the Absorb proc and Defense proc are considered different types and now work in conjunction? They are both 20 second defensive procs, and don't seem to me to be different types of relics. It just seems like it is the same as using an Energy damage proc relic in conjunction with an Internal damage proc relic.

(I get that one is procced off of a successfully shielded attack, while the other is off any attack, and that would be the one caveat for them working together that I can see)

Has it been confirmed that the Absorb proc and Defense proc are considered different types and now work in conjunction? They are both 20 second defensive procs, and don't seem to me to be different types of relics. It just seems like it is the same as using an Energy damage proc relic in conjunction with an Internal damage proc relic.

(I get that one is procced off of a successfully shielded attack, while the other is off any attack, and that would be the one caveat for them working together that I can see)

Dipstik confirmed on the test server. Unless it got changed when it went from test to live, it should be the same.

Dipstik confirmed on the test server. Unless it got changed when it went from test to live, it should be the same.

I wish I'd paid more attention to the tanking topics then... I wouldn't have bothered to learn the click relic for our tanks. :mad:

Thanks.