Huttball Is The Only Reason I Play (Patch 6.1.2d Feedback)

DroidDreamer

Huttball is the only reason I play SWTOR. Ever since Patch 6.1.2d I have not gotten a single Huttball match. It's back to the old days of playing all night and not getting a single HB match which is why I quite the game previously. I probably have the largest dedicated Huttball gameplay video collection on the Internet -- https://www.youtube.com/user/sodanio/videos -- so the removal of the Huttball maps is a big loss for me.

People who don't like objective-based play have convinced the devs to remove two Huttball matches. That's a shame because people who don't like the objective based nature of Huttball ALSO do not like to play the objective in ANY OTHER match. Don't be fooled. The people dueling in the pit in Huttball with no idea where the ball is are the same ones zerging from node to node then leaving the node abandoned in search of more kills. For players who enjoy team-based, objective-based play, this zerg meta completely destroys the fun.

I also dislike the que allocations -- Capture Point, Huttball, Ancient Hypergates, or Voidstar. First, I am not getting Huttball 25% of the time. It's a lot less than that. Second, while I love Voidstar, it's a map that can be quite grueling if the stronger team goes first. Third, Odesen Proving Grounds is a great map and is seriously rare now. People complaining that it requires too much coordination are, you guessed it, the people who only want to duel other players.

It's time to give piddly duelists their own unranked arena que, separate from all other matches, so they can take their toxicity and tunnel-vision to their own acrid sandbox. I loath arenas but can no longer quit them at the start to escape the match and let someone else play due to the deserter buff.

Favorite maps in order:

--Huttball (OG, then the others)

--Odessen Proving Grounds

--Capture maps

--Voidstar

--Arenas (don't even belong in this list, really)

They have only temporarily removed Quesh ball and Vandin to fix the maps.

1. To remove or the dysnc in each of those maps, which any sane person knows was out of control

2. To fix the bugs and coding in the maps.

3. To fix the performance issues in the maps

Once they have been fixed. They will put those two maps back into the rotation.

And for the record, I’m not an objective hater, I’m a lover of objective pvp. You can go back through my posting history to find my stance on it. I’m also a fan of Original Hutt Ball, but I like Quesh more. The issue is how bugged it’s bean since launch and only gotten worse over the years. They needed to remove them from the rotation to fix them. Once they are back, we should get them 20% of the time.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

They have only temporarily removed Quesh ball and Vandin to fix the maps.

1. To remove or the dysnc in each of those maps, which any sane person knows was out of control

2. To fix the bugs and coding in the maps.

3. To fix the performance issues in the maps

Once they have been fixed. They will put those two maps back into the rotation.

And for the record, I’m not an objective hater, I’m a lover of objective pvp. You can go back through my posting history to find my stance on it. I’m also a fan of Original Hutt Ball, but I like Quesh more. The issue is how bugged it’s bean since launch and only gotten worse over the years. They needed to remove them from the rotation to fix them. Once they are back, we should get them 20% of the time.

Yes, thank you very much. I was aware of that. I'm just afraid that the fixes will mean the maps are going to be gone for a long time. I also hope they don't diminish the appearance of Huttball in the rotation. And, lastly, my fear is that the devs would make such choices based on complaints from people who never play the objective in any PVP, not just Huttball.

And for the record, my favorites! OG Huttball, then Quesh Huttball and then Vandin Huttball!!!

The only way to solve this once and for all is allowing people to Q for what they want to Q for

You can't force people to play a certain way, so why not let all the hutballers Q up for it? Plus you'll be filtering out the people who either number farm or leave since they obviously don't care about H-ball anyway

If OPG, vandin and quesh are as popular as the obj'ers would have everyone believe, then they are at no risk of being removed from the game and those maps will pop 24/7 with a flashpoint style Q system for those who somehow seriously enjoy them. This will relegate the regstar number farmers to other maps and reg arenas, correct?

The only way to solve this once and for all is allowing people to Q for what they want to Q for

You can't force people to play a certain way, so why not let all the hutballers Q up for it? Plus you'll be filtering out the people who either number farm or leave since they obviously don't care about H-ball anyway

If OPG, vandin and quesh are as popular as the obj'ers would have everyone believe, then they are at no risk of being removed from the game and those maps will pop 24/7 with a flashpoint style Q system for those who somehow seriously enjoy them. This will relegate the regstar number farmers to other maps and reg arenas, correct?

I think a better split is (1) unranked arena que; and (2) a que for all other unranked PvP map types. I enjoy all the maps except arenas and there is a certain "type" that only likes to duel. Let them play how they want -- in arenas!

I saw you spamming about your vids in a match.

Yes, I only advertise in the matches I record. That way people who played the match and who want to see the instant replay can watch it on Youtube. I also call out excellent players, friend or foe, in the video titles sometimes.