I unsubscribed, and here's why.

jzelol

OP, that's your opinion.....but not mine, I disagree. It's too bad the general discussion section of the forum has devolved into a support group for people to tell us their feelings about why they are "disappointed" or just can't like the game even though they "really wanted to like it." Can these people just post in the existing threads on this stuff instead of creating duplicate threads and cluttering up the forums? It's as if they think their opinion is so much more important than everyone else's opinion that it warrants its own thread instead of just a contributing post in a pre-existing thread. Either that, or they think their opinion is so influential that others who are enjoying the game are suddenly going to stop liking the game just because they are told they shouldn't like it.

Do you spend an equal amount of effort berating the "amazing game, thanks BW" posts that are continually springing up for flooding the forums as well?

If not, I ask you why not? When you conclude respond, because frankly I interpret your post to mean people who are disappointed should keep it in segregated conversations and those who are not are welcome to post as many threads as they desire.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW was released, in 2004. WoW was developed years before 2004 with ancient tools. We are in 2012.

Which also means that the current version of WoW is the result of at least 10 years of work. And it's not like someone could just whip out a duplicate version of WoW in a weekend just because it was originally developed in 2004. Some people are apparently incapable of understanding those points though.

I didn't say one quest, I said quest CHAIN. Further, why is anyone who has anything but heaps of praise for the game on these forums a troll?

Do you deny being a troll?

Those of us who have spent many hours completing quest CHAINS without running into any bugs have a hard time seeing you as anything but a troll.

This one. Just to give you one example, I have a friend that began playing a few days ago as a Sith Inquisitor, and somehow ran into a bug whereby Overseer Harkun (a early Korriban quest giver for a large part of it) was duplicated, and neither of the clones of him would speak to the player char. He was completely unable to move on in his story. The GMs took 3 days to get around to answering the ticket. He simply made a new character of a different class.

How can you possibly say game stopping bugs like this are acceptable for a shipping product? I can overlook the bad clipping, the stupid graphics problems like standing straight up corpses, but bugs that cause the player to basically either stop playing for several days or reroll? Come on.

As a counterpoint to your example, my guild has more SI's than any other class. I personally made one as an alt. Out of the 20 or so people who I personally know have completed the SI quest chain past Korriban, not a single one of them has experienced anything resembling this bug. If we include beta people, that number would rapidly climb. Especially during the weekend beta's.

So yeah, a bug that is apparently extremely hit or miss, and more than likely caused by something very minute, being missed is pretty acceptable. As for a 3 day wait period for the GM's......do you honestly think that they purposely ignored his ticket for 3 days, or perhaps, with the game launching and all, there was a significant queue of tickets, ranging from equally problematic to the absolute inane?

I dont know about the rest of you but i will be giving this game about 3 months orso to see what happens, if they push out nice content and fix things constantly them im gona stick around because i know in the end the game will be great and it wont take that long either. If it goes really slow then i wont stick around. Atm they are pushing out patches every week. So in 3 months that is 12 patches which i think is a good number.

I never expected this game to be anything but what i expected from bioware, amazing rpg - story and flunky mmo. With the mmo improving for every week.

Do you deny being a troll?

Those of us who have spent many hours completing quest CHAINS without running into any bugs have a hard time seeing you as anything but a troll.

He has a different experience and has voiced it reasonably well. Because you do not experience a mirrored gameplay experience is in no way a strong justification to deny his voice and lump him in with the drivel.

The guy he is responding to has already levied personal attacks, why are you not stamping "TROLL" on him?

hmm... I seem to remember when people were whining for the game to be released, it seems like only yesterday...

And now that it is released, they are whining that it has bugs...

I guess people really will find anything to complain about.

I've cancelled on a few issues.

1: It's not grabbing me and holding me there to play more and more. I have my x-box for single player that I don't have to spend 15 dollars a month.

2: Bioware Customer Support. It sucks.

: People being banned on whims and non-english support. They having their support in India and their billing and account teams not actually able to help with Billing or Account

I've unsubbed as well. I really wanted to love this game as I've been searching desparately for an alternative to WoW, but playing this game has made me realize that even with Blizzard screwing with WoW, WoW is still a more solid experience.

There are so many stupid design decisions in this game it's unreal. I mean you don't put out a game to compete with WoW and then have nearly all of your features be worse in quality. What were they thinking?!

The lack of interface responsiveness is absolutely inexcusable and should never have made it past beta-testing. Somebody was NOT doing their job properly. If you look at the history of MMOs post-WoW, the UI and it's responsiveness is the single-most important factor in determining whether a game has any success, and you can tell almost immediately upon jumping into the game whether or not it passes this test.

Also could this game be any more linear?! It doesn't need to be a "sandbox" but atleast give us some modicum of choice/nonlinearity. Many of the dialogue options make minimal to no difference in our questing experience. The more nonlinear you can make your game, the wider audience it will appeal to and the better replay value.

I could go on but why bother... I mean this stuff is obvious (or should have been).

Edited by Taurusaud

What were the indicators that SWTOR was competing with WoW?

Are you kidding me? It was marketed all summer as the new WoW, which is why it received so much mass attention, which is in turn leading to the current backlash BW is facing evident through these forums.

Are you kidding me? It was marketed all summer as the new WoW, which is why it received so much mass attention, which is in turn leading to the current backlash BW is facing evident through these forums.

Actually, it was marketed as an innovation in MMO's, by adding actual story. Which it did. It was never meant to be the next WoW, it was meant to open up a new market to the MMO genre.

And the current backlash is pretty minimal, so I'm guessing they're fine with the current backlash.

thats the corporate sponsored critique...

it has a 6.1 user rating... ROFLROFLROFL

Metacritic is the WORST REVIEW site ever. They give bad reviews on every good game.

Just to name a few

Starcraft 2 (Like a 93%)

Battlefield 3 (83-86ish%) We're talking about the game getting voted for best multiplayer, story, and graphics in 2011.

Metacritic is the WORST REVIEW site ever. They give bad reviews on every good game.

Just to name a few

Starcraft 2 (Like a 93%)

Battlefield 3 (83-86ish%) We're talking about the game getting voted for best multiplayer, story, and graphics in 2011.

You realize that metacritic official reviews simply compile the reviews from other sources such as PC Gamer and the like. The rest are simply user reviews.

Edited by Seidex

I've cancelled on a few issues.

1: It's not grabbing me and holding me there to play more and more. I have my x-box for single player that I don't have to spend 15 dollars a month.

2: Bioware Customer Support. It sucks.

: People being banned on whims and non-english support. They having their support in India and their billing and account teams not actually able to help with Billing or Account

What happened to this massive facility they where opening in Ireland? Obviously didn't hire server admins or they could manage to do EU maintenance at a proper time.

No it wasn't. WoW was FAR better at launch. Regardless SWTOR isn't up against WoW at launch it's up against WoW NOW. Where is it better? Story? :rolleyes:

Puff puff pass please. WoW's launch was horrendous and WoW no blows that it's losing a million+ subs world wide and counting.

Just to name a few

Starcraft 2 (Like a 93%)

Battlefield 3's votes are mostly caused by console version being significantly worst then PC version.

Also I don't see a problem with Starcraft 2 having over 90% score on avarage. Its a fantastic game but its not genre innovative its just starcraft as it is.

And SWTORS 6.1 is pritty high considering how avarage it is in all its aspects unfortunately I would feel bad giving the game anything above "above avarage" and labeling thats mostly caused by me loving the story and its starwars.

EA customer support and the numerous badly implemented design choises are the driving force of this game if you start looking it critically. It's not all bad but as a launch review you can't ignore alot of the problems saying "it will be fixed later", unless theres a developer saying they are working on it and are looking at alternative solutions.

thats the corporate sponsored critique...

it has a 6.1 user rating... ROFLROFLROFL

MW3 has a 3.0 user rating. BF3 has a 7.

User ratings tend to be useless as an objective critique of a game. Especially when someone can rate and review the game...without ever even playing it in the first place.

Edited by Jxspyder

I`m not close to my computer atm so i can play, witch suck..

i pre ordred, i set my sub to 5 months and will gladly pay it to play.

what ever ppl scream, SW TOR is a great game, i played WoW since open Beta, i was there in feb 2005, well the times i managed to log in atleast, wow falled flatt on its behind in wrath, since the i tried EVERY remotly new game that came out, i even tried to play AO again.

AoC War, LoTRo was super fail, paid for about 2 motnhs eatch on them, lvled minimum 2 chars to level cap, then quit and never looked back.

WoW has been out for 7 years, SW TOR is THE FIRST game in 7 years thats even remotly good, cood pedigree as whit EA and BW, the game is out and so many ppl love playing it.

so i give ea my money to develop new content the next 6 months for me to enjoy, and i am sure i will be there for many years to come, unless a dissaster strikes in IRL that prevents me from playing.

oh, lvl 43 at sith maruder, i only got supperficiual buggs, i.e chat bugs, usualy CTRL+U takes care of that or a restart, few crashes, after patch, i had 2..

Other than that, few crystals for artifice was unable to pick up, so so far, not buggy at all.

If I may, a few words about the underlined portion of your post. It's nothing major and is very opinionated.

When I got this game I wanted to roll Republic. I had my class picked out and everything (Smuggler/Sawbones), but when I got the game and hit up that character creation screen I did a rare "***" as I noticed how much better the Empire species looked as compared to offerings for the Republic. For instance, the cybernetics for the IA look far better than Rep Smug cybernetics.

The Devs should have known most people would have wanted to roll Empire, and they should have offered the Rep. more interesting Species with better looks in an attempt to offset that reality - Jawas and/or Wookies, for example. I usually play the so-called good guy factions, but Republic aesthetics in this game, imho, are extremely lackluster - tepid looks, to go along with tepid dialogue.

Many people believe that people play the Empire because they want to fulfill some fantasy of being a bad guy. Granted, but for every one of those types there is one who rolled Emp just because the species sucked less....

Bioware:

As a matter of fact, my biggest gripe with this game is its horrid character creation on both factions. The Emp is just the lesser of the two evils. WTB non square-jaw Human/Cyborg models please. Actually, I want to buy a species that isn't just a human in makeup, because that's how most of these species look. I like cyborgs, but c'mon guys, you know you could have done far better with that species on both sides of the aisle; cybernetic jaws and limbs, glowing eyes and whatnot would have been awesome. What do we get, a human model with sunglasses?

BW, this is no shallow disclaimer I love this game - I really do, but I have seen better character creation in f2p MMOs. Unlike any other game where I can create a character, this one has given me the hardest time with respect to creating a character that "clicks." Also why are body type 4 males fat, while type 4 females are phat? I know in this society bigger women are looked at with disgust, but that reality should not have manifested itself in this game. Yet another one of the million messages sent to bigger women that they are inferior, perhaps some big girl out there wanted to roll a toon in her likeness, but nope.... shot down on the character creation runway.

Either way, my wife plays Rep., but I just cant get down with that faction or its species. She is running around now, just dinged 30 and I am sitting off somewhere level 14 thinking about deleting my toon yet again just because the model is "meh."

But yeah... I believe the character models have a lot to do with the factions being imbalanced. It might not be the first or even the second cause, but it's up there.

The aesthetics do play a part, certainly. I myself was a die-hard Imperial, but couldn't click with the Operative. My friend loathed his Bounty Hunter.

It must be the aesthetics of the abilities, because I feel much more awesome as a same spec Smuggler, and my friend loves his Soldier. I also found I couldn't take any of the Imperial Force wielders seriously - their stories and attitudes were just too cartoonish for my evil sensibilities.

So I agree with you, there's a subconscious appeal to the factions that clicks with the audience.

Getting your thread to survive:

1. Make a statement about what is wrong with the game

2. let the fan-kids rage at you and everyone else

3. sit back and enjoy the show, while your thread keeps floating and everyone can read it