Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats up with KR-82 Expulser Bonus Boss Kaon Under Siege Hard Mode?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Whats up with KR-82 Expulser Bonus Boss Kaon Under Siege Hard Mode?

Ramaos
01.22.2012 , 04:28 PM | #1
Do you have to take 2 CC advanced classes to do this boss?

Does anyone know any tactics for downing him with:

Jedi Guardian Tank
Vanguard DPS
Jedi Shadow DPS
Commando Healer

I have a Hard Mode static pretty much and we kill all HM bosses with ease (tactically ofc but doable) but this boss just seems to require 2 CC'ers. I have seen vids where parties have 2 CC'ers (only ones I can find) and it looks easy. However it feels impossible to do without 2 CC'ers in the group.

Any one know of any tactics with our groups set up? or is this just another 3rd boss MGT encounter?
Havoc Squad, we're the best of the best.

Miothan
01.22.2012 , 04:34 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramaos View Post
Do you have to take 2 CC advanced classes to do this boss?

Does anyone know any tactics for downing him with:

Jedi Guardian Tank
Vanguard DPS
Jedi Shadow DPS
Commando Healer

I have a Hard Mode static pretty much and we kill all HM bosses with ease (tactically ofc but doable) but this boss just seems to require 2 CC'ers. I have seen vids where parties have 2 CC'ers (only ones I can find) and it looks easy. However it feels impossible to do without 2 CC'ers in the group.

Any one know of any tactics with our groups set up? or is this just another 3rd boss MGT encounter?
The boss does not seem to have an Enrage timer, so what you can do, that should be possible and actally doable for a group, is to have your highest HP DPS tank the 2nd add if you only have 1 CC, while the tank tanks the 2nd add.

If you alraedy know whats gona happen its easy, dps down the add that the DPS is tanking, and then move on to killing the one add at the tank. Also, on the add that the DPS would be tanking, you can chain-stun it for an even easier time healing the damage, and knockbacks are also usefull if you have ranged dps for delayed damage.

The boss summons adds at 70% and then again at 30% from my experience.
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time. ~H.L. Mencken

Ramaos
01.22.2012 , 04:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
The boss does not seem to have an Enrage timer, so what you can do, that should be possible and actally doable for a group, is to have your highest HP DPS tank the 2nd add if you only have 1 CC, while the tank tanks the 2nd add.

If you alraedy know whats gona happen its easy, dps down the add that the DPS is tanking, and then move on to killing the one add at the tank. Also, on the add that the DPS would be tanking, you can chain-stun it for an even easier time healing the damage, and knockbacks are also usefull if you have ranged dps for delayed damage.

The boss summons adds at 70% and then again at 30% from my experience.
Unfortunatly we have no CC, only short stuns.

Ramaos
01.22.2012 , 04:58 PM | #4
Do you think it's possible to have the Jedi Guardian Tank 2 of the adds and we chain stun and DPS one of them fast like.

Cryo Grenade 4 seconds (Commando) -> Cryo Grenade 4 seconds (Vanguard) -> Force Stasis 3 seconds (Guardian) -> Force Stun 4 seconds (Shadow) - Neural Surge 3 seconds (Vanguard) = 18 seconds of stun time.

The Nural Surge will take the other 2 driods out for 3 seconds as well. is this a fantasy?

Glorionn
01.22.2012 , 05:56 PM | #5
Can't a commando CC one add?

doubleaction
01.22.2012 , 05:59 PM | #6
Drag him all the way back to the Behemoth's area, then initiate DPS. You'll likely have him dead by the time the first wave of adds finally reaches you.
Now, I don't know about you all, but I sure didn't come down from Mirial, cross five thousand parsecs, fight my way through half a system, and jump out of a F'ing shuttle to teach the Imperials lessons in humanity. Imperials don't have any humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a peace-hating, mass-murdering maniac and they need to be destroyed.

HoneyBoy
01.22.2012 , 06:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by doubleaction View Post
Drag him all the way back to the Behemoth's area, then initiate DPS. You'll likely have him dead by the time the first wave of adds finally reaches you.
Yep just confirmed this works, the two waves of adds still came but he was long dead by then. You could also have the turret from the bonus quest aid you.

Iandayen
01.22.2012 , 10:18 PM | #8
Never really had to CC them (though I'm a merc and can).

Ran it with Assassin tank (23k hp), merc dps (me @ 19.6k hp), operative dps and sorc heals.

We just killed them, tank took 2 of them while I agroed one and op and I blew it up, we then blew up the other 2 one at a time.

We overgear the instance though (at least the tank and I do) with full columni/rakata. So maybe my PoV is skewed a bit.

Ramaos
01.23.2012 , 01:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by doubleaction View Post
Cheers we'll give it a go

Ramaos
01.23.2012 , 01:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Glorionn View Post
Can't a commando CC one add?
Nope, doesn't work on droids