Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats up with KR-82 Expulser Bonus Boss Kaon Under Siege Hard Mode?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Whats up with KR-82 Expulser Bonus Boss Kaon Under Siege Hard Mode?

LittleMikey
01.23.2012 , 01:57 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramaos View Post
Nope, doesn't work on droids
I'm a commando, and I can CC droids. Are you sure your commando knows what he's doing?

Tech Override + Concussive Round = instant cast 60 second CC

I've downed this boss twice, and although we did wipe a few times, it seems the best strategy is to CC two of the adds the moment they come out (most of the time we wiped because our 2 CCers hit the same add accidentally, or didn't get CC off in time)

Bloomfate
01.23.2012 , 03:05 AM | #12
I tanked it as an assassin, and while it is possible to have boss + 2 adds on the tank as I did for a while, it does require some good gear.
If you have been farming HM flashpoints and ops for 3 weeks you can do this boss without worry, but if you are still geared in blue and/or are in a pug without 2 cc, skip it and spare yourself some wipes. This boss is not complicated, just a simple gear check and yet another way to favor some classes above others.

BMBender
01.23.2012 , 05:37 AM | #13
Nope, doesn't work on droids
find a different commando
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530

Antumbral
01.23.2012 , 05:49 AM | #14
For us the important thing was to drag the boss a little bit away from his starting point, so that the adds didn't spawn right on top of us. The few seconds the adds spent moving to us gave us time to cast a CC on them without getting wrecked instantly by all the damage.

Glorionn
01.23.2012 , 05:52 AM | #15
Well your commando cant play. Not sure what hope the rest of you have

Ramaos
01.23.2012 , 06:30 AM | #16
I'll have to ask him.... this is disturbing news indeed coz he told me he couldn't. I will confront him about it.

Yeah just read up on it............. getting annoyed, I will be having words with him tonight

But hes an IRL freind so I can't get too mad lol just make him look silly
Havoc Squad, we're the best of the best.

PhoenixMatrix
01.23.2012 , 08:27 AM | #17
I'll have to ask him.... this is disturbing news indeed coz he told me he couldn't. I will confront him about it.

Yeah just read up on it............. getting annoyed, I will be having words with him tonight

But hes an IRL freind so I can't get too mad lol just make him look silly
Hope he doesn't read forums =P

Crumpn
01.24.2012 , 02:48 PM | #18
Here is a very good video guide to follow if you are having trouble defeating KR-82 expulser. It is pretty simple if you follow this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIqrLIDrVZ4

DaveMcG
01.24.2012 , 02:55 PM | #19
I believe pulling him from his starting area is unintended so best to practice without that technique since you'll need to use it once they root him.

Aethyn
01.24.2012 , 03:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BMBender View Post
find a different commando
+1 LMAO

We CC'ed two droids and took them down one at time. We pulled the last few next to the boss so we could AoE them both when the boss shield went away.

I also off healed a bit to take some pressure off.

Very satisfying.
-Aethyn the Loathsome Dark V
Gunnery Commando
PUG Life
The Jekk'Jekk Tarr