Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild invasion rewards don't seem fair

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guild invasion rewards don't seem fair

Visorknight
06.23.2019 , 11:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Why donít you just start your own guild for yourself or a few friends. With the changes to conquest, you can get your 6 characters to target and get the rewards.
It is not possible to solo a large guild planet invasion at the moment.

DeannaVoyager
06.24.2019 , 12:36 AM | #22
Capping large yield target can now be done with 2-3 active players only, so conquest hasn't really been this fair for a long long time. Anyone can now go large yield if they want the big rewards. If OP doesn't have friends to do this with, and wants to stay unguilded or in guild with inactive players, it's his/her own choice tbh.

I have alts in big and small guilds, when Dantooine launched I capped 34 toons. Some of them didn't get the rewards as they are not in CQ guilds, but it was my own choice to play and cap them. Am I here moaning about them not getting the rewards? No. I played them because I chose to, and keep them in small guilds because I choose to.

Visorknight
06.24.2019 , 02:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
Capping large yield target can now be done with 2-3 active players only, so conquest hasn't really been this fair for a long long time. Anyone can now go large yield if they want the big rewards. If OP doesn't have friends to do this with, and wants to stay unguilded or in guild with inactive players, it's his/her own choice tbh.

I have alts in big and small guilds, when Dantooine launched I capped 34 toons. Some of them didn't get the rewards as they are not in CQ guilds, but it was my own choice to play and cap them. Am I here moaning about them not getting the rewards? No. I played them because I chose to, and keep them in small guilds because I choose to.
Yes, the idea is that you still need a few active players. what we will want is that the rewards for solo player should not be punishing enough to deter solo play guilds. Trying to get a large planet done on a solo 1 man guild is still unmanageable! I would suggest to equalise the rewards of large guilds to small guilds to reduce the difference. this will deter guild members jumping to other larger guilds for the sake of credits

DeannaVoyager
06.24.2019 , 03:09 AM | #24
If you go medium yield, you can cap it even as a solo player and you'll still get decent rewards. I don't see why solo players in 1-man guilds should get all the same benefits as people who are willing to group up with other people to reach a common goal together. And as I said in my previous post, it's a personal choice: if you want the large yield rewards, you need to co-operate with other people to get them. Just like you would need other people for most MM flashpoints, operations, pvp and so on in this game. Those are all conquest objectives btw, which indicates that conquest is supposed to be a group effort.

mrphstar
06.24.2019 , 03:19 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
Yes, the idea is that you still need a few active players. what we will want is that the rewards for solo player should not be punishing enough to deter solo play guilds. Trying to get a large planet done on a solo 1 man guild is still unmanageable! I would suggest to equalise the rewards of large guilds to small guilds to reduce the difference. this will deter guild members jumping to other larger guilds for the sake of credits
just to get that right: you are complaining that you cant conquer a large yield planet solo? are you kidding me?

could we stop complaining about "everything" already?

its the whole conecpt of conquest and guilds to archive larger goals together. why should someone not bothering to join a group of players getting the same rewards for doing the group content?

Sarlegant
06.24.2019 , 03:31 AM | #26
Seriously, I could post just the opposite, and ask Bioware to disband all guilds that don't have at least 4 original player accounts, required to buy a charter. Lets all repeat, it's not fair.

If you want large guild rewards, join a large guild, it is just that simple. I'm in a mega guild, and I still play solo 95% of the time. People ask for help, put together runs etc, join if you want to. It's not my job to participate, its my opportunity to participate.

This mega guild does have a few rules.
#1, don't talk spoilers, or foul language in guild chat. Shouldn't be a problem for you soloist, you don't talk anyway.
#2, you must log in at least once within 2 weeks, or be kicked. Shouldn't be a problem, you are playing right.

No one is being excluded, none are being cheated from the rewards. You, simple, just won't put one foot forward to get them.

Visorknight
06.24.2019 , 04:14 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarlegant View Post
Seriously, I could post just the opposite, and ask Bioware to disband all guilds that don't have at least 4 original player accounts, required to buy a charter. Lets all repeat, it's not fair.

If you want large guild rewards, join a large guild, it is just that simple. I'm in a mega guild, and I still play solo 95% of the time. People ask for help, put together runs etc, join if you want to. It's not my job to participate, its my opportunity to participate.

This mega guild does have a few rules.
#1, don't talk spoilers, or foul language in guild chat. Shouldn't be a problem for you soloist, you don't talk anyway.
#2, you must log in at least once within 2 weeks, or be kicked. Shouldn't be a problem, you are playing right.

No one is being excluded, none are being cheated from the rewards. You, simple, just won't put one foot forward to get them.
If everyone now are just pushing to just join mega guilds for conquest rewards, then what will happen to smaller size guilds? I am suggesting rewards should be fair across small, medium and large invasion so that people won't guild hops and gives players the freedom to join and enjoy smaller family guilds as well.

DeannaVoyager
06.24.2019 , 07:48 AM | #28
There's a difference between small guilds and 1-man guilds. Small guilds can easily cap large yield target if they play enough (=really want to do it). One man guild can cap medium yield, if they want to. Everyone is free to pick the guild they want to, or join several for different reasons. It's your personal choice what you want to do, like a lot of things in life are. You can't have your cake and eat it too, that simple.

Besides, transmatters are dropping from cxp crates too. You don't have to be in any guild to get them. So I really don't see what's the problem.

lightSaberAddiCt
06.24.2019 , 04:25 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
If everyone now are just pushing to just join mega guilds for conquest rewards, then what will happen to smaller size guilds? I am suggesting rewards should be fair across small, medium and large invasion so that people won't guild hops and gives players the freedom to join and enjoy smaller family guilds as well.
I single person guild is not a "smaller" guild, it is a single player. Even if you have 4 friends in it. You want an even playing field with the big guilds, then what will happen is you will get nothing.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

DarkTergon
06.24.2019 , 04:54 PM | #30
Easy solution, get some toons in to the big guilds, use them to get the rewards, if that's what you want. But if you are talking about just getting credits/rewards, conquest isn't the only way to do that. You can make credits running the dailes these days, run enough dailies, and you get a credit value equal to anything you get from conquest. Don't like dailies, try playing the gtn, plenty of ways to make money from that, if you have any sense, and can spot patterns. Conquest is just a part of the game, wether guilded or not, if all you are looking for is credit value rewards, there are many ways to do it
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ