Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What to do about a level 51 idiot

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What to do about a level 51 idiot
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SteveTheCynic
06.24.2019 , 02:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey!

I would definitely use some of the advice that others have posted here. Ignore the player and if they are being harassing, definitely report them in-game. I suspect the team is already aware but I am going to raise it up that there is no auto-decline for duel requests.

Thanks.

-eric
Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know you're pushing for this!
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Darth_Terminus
06.24.2019 , 03:30 PM | #22
Definitely ignore the guy after berating them for being such a useless waste of flesh. Hopefully we'll get legacy/account ignore in 6.0.

Yunaselly
06.24.2019 , 03:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
The level 51 is scaled down to starter planet maximum level. I don't see a problem here.
Really ? You don't see a problem ? how about ability & utility ?

DarkTergon
06.24.2019 , 04:55 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey!

I would definitely use some of the advice that others have posted here. Ignore the player and if they are being harassing, definitely report them in-game. I suspect the team is already aware but I am going to raise it up that there is no auto-decline for duel requests.

Thanks.

-eric
Great news, thank you.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

DarkTergon
06.24.2019 , 04:56 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Terminus View Post
Definitely ignore the guy after berating them for being such a useless waste of flesh. Hopefully we'll get legacy/account ignore in 6.0.

Legacy/account ignore will never work, and will cause so many hidden problems

kodrac
06.24.2019 , 05:39 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Legacy/account ignore will never work, and will cause so many hidden problems
How so? Other games have account wide ignore. Why can't this one?
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

DarkTergon
06.24.2019 , 06:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
How so? Other games have account wide ignore. Why can't this one?
They probably could do it, code wise, but as I've said before, many people have multiple chars. Chances are you might meet one of your friends on an alt, you or they don't know, and for some reason, one takes offense to the other. one puts them on ignore, yourfriend is gone, you complain to cs, etc, etc, etc. It would cause more crying and complaining than we have at the moment. Not to mention the many trolls in this game, which probably have normal chars that you might be friends with, etc.

foxmob
06.24.2019 , 06:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Terminus View Post
legacies are not unique. it would be nice to have an account wide sort of thing though. toggling duels on/off, however, seems so freaking obvious. like...how is it 2019 and that's not a thing?
Krack

Rolodome
06.24.2019 , 08:01 PM | #29
They probably could do it, code wise, but as I've said before, many people have multiple chars. Chances are you might meet one of your friends on an alt, you or they don't know, and for some reason, one takes offense to the other. one puts them on ignore, yourfriend is gone, you complain to cs, etc, etc, etc. It would cause more crying and complaining than we have at the moment. Not to mention the many trolls in this game, which probably have normal chars that you might be friends with, etc.
That's an oddly specific example. And one that is easily solved... you implement account-wide ignore along with other features, like what GW2 has, where an account name of some kind is attached to each character. For privacy reasons, could probably make this something optionally hidden (the idea being that if someone wants the privacy, they probably aren't worried about weird edge cases like your example).

Also, I would think if you are friends and want to hang out, you would figure out pretty quickly that your ignore made your friend disappear.

And as far as trolls go, are you speaking from experience? I think I'd want to know if a "friend" of mine was being a troll on the side.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Damask_Rose
06.24.2019 , 08:12 PM | #30
So we all have to suffer because a few people might regret global ignoring someone? I can't imagine anyone I consider a friend could piss me off to the point I'd ignore them. Similarly, your troll example is exactly why I want global ignore. If someone is so vile that I ignore them on one character, I want them ignored on all the others, even if they can pretend to be a decent human being on a couple of them.