Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of subscription

denisdenizg
06.24.2019 , 10:35 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
You mentioned how a one-time purchase would supposedly be better from a player perspective, which would be the business model of GW2 and the likes, and I explained why it is not. Pretty straight-forward.
No... I mentioned "cheaper"... Two different terms, two different meanings... If something is cheaper, that does not necessarily mean its better... You see, "cheaper" is matter of math and numbers... "better" is mostly matter of perspective, so if its "better" for me, that does not mean its also "better" for you...or for company, for that matter..... Try to read exactly how it's written....
I dont mind SWTOR sub if that is what you thinking, because if i would, then i would not pay sub... And really, for SWTOR is really to late to change monetization, they can only soften up restrictions on false F2P and preferred players, and that is exactly what they are doing...

UmbralSpirit
06.25.2019 , 03:25 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
This game is a service. My only gribe is the monthly sub is suppose to be for content and content is trickling slower then an old man peeing.
You'll be getting there too just wait, it's fun standing up 3 times at night to pee once...

Arundo
06.25.2019 , 03:55 AM | #33
Apart from content the game needs to bring in cash to keep everything running, what do you think the license cost of Star Wars ? Or you don't mind to run around as a Jodi or a Seth if the license is revoked by Disney ? (If they even keep this going once they loose the license).

Visorknight
06.25.2019 , 03:57 AM | #34
Just add another premium sub model will do, many of us needs alot of cartel coins to unlock collections etc.

merovejec
06.25.2019 , 04:23 AM | #35
I think the system is well setup. The subscription model has proved its usefulness in many other games. SWTOR is doing well with subscriptions and also the Cartel Market, I wouldnt change a thing.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68815

OlBuzzard
06.25.2019 , 08:25 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Arundo View Post
Apart from content the game needs to bring in cash to keep everything running, what do you think the license cost of Star Wars ? Or you don't mind to run around as a Jodi or a Seth if the license is revoked by Disney ? (If they even keep this going once they loose the license).
It's not just the license .. I can't help but to wonder what percentage of the net income goes to Disney.

Any way you look at it. It all comes down to $$$$$.

Hopefully there can be enough time and money both to go around and the people who are doing the work can really do right in 6.0 I'm certain that there is enough stress to go around more than once in that area.

I'm personally hoping the best for both the employees that are doing the work in this game ... and for us as consumers.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Anzel
06.25.2019 , 09:39 AM | #37
So far I've paid the following for SWTOR:
$115 x 2 for the "Collector's Edition = $230
$15 x 2 x 90 months = $2,700

So, a total of $2,930 that does *not* include the expansions, subscriptions for other family members here and there and then thousands of dollars in Cartel Coins.

When they removed Cartel Certificates so that my Cartel reputation would become pointless we just completely stopped playing the game. We spent literally thousands of dollars on Cartel reputation then POOF... gone. That and the consumable dye packs. It's just a joke.

I keep my subs just because, whatever but we don't play the game at all anymore.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

Chelan
06.25.2019 , 11:23 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Arundo View Post
Bioware will definitely not keep this going once their license is done. Though it's possible there will still be some way to play it afterwards like other MMOs that were shut down in the past. Like SWG.

OlBuzzard
06.25.2019 , 12:39 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Chelan View Post
Bioware will definitely not keep this going once their license is done. Though it's possible there will still be some way to play it afterwards like other MMOs that were shut down in the past. Like SWG.
How much longer does BW have on their license ?

It could also be renewed. That would mean a serious confab between BW / EA and Disney.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Mubrak
06.25.2019 , 01:15 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
How much longer does BW have on their license ?

It could also be renewed. That would mean a serious confab between BW / EA and Disney.
We don't know anything about the license agreement between Bioware and Lucasarts, do we? What we know is that it predates EA's and Disney's involvement and may just as well be valid for the whole lifetime of the game.

In 2013, Disney and EA have agreed on an exclusive 10 year license for future Star Wars games. When the deal ends, that doesn't mean EA has to stop selling or maintaining their existing games, it just means there will be new license negotiations when EA wants to make more SW games, and other game studios can ask for permission to use the Star Wars IP as well.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG