Last chance to open your eyes about episode ix

Collec

I don't use twitter,but I saw this video recommended by YouTube for me.

PEOPLE WAKE UP ! I already had no plans to go see this movie n cinema and watch it at home...but what more proof do you need,that it's gonna be a trash movie?

STOP WAVING YOUR STAR WARS FAN FLAG !!! I got Star Wars lightsabers at home,comics,toys,games, Revan Book, Blu-Ray ThE Complete Saga....IT DOESN'T MATTER......ALL THEY CARE IS ABOUT MONEY. DON'T GO SEE THIS MOVIE !!!! And if you do and when it's gonna be trash, DON'T GO SEE IT AGAIN !!!! OR 32 TIMES !!!!

That guy/girl has no one to blame but himself/herself for buying 32 tickets.

They already have plan for new trilogy,which will hit in 2022. They have no plans of stopping. I doubt it'll ever bomb as hard as Terminator Dark Fate did (and it wasn't that bad movie...still better than Force Awakens and Last Jedi), but do you think you'll see any new Terminator movie anytime soon ?

MAKE THIS TURD FLOP: SAY NO TO DISNEY TRILOGY !!! Let it make under a billion dollars. Let it make less than 500 million dollars. I get it...people will say " whatever I'll still go see it"....knock yourself out...BUT PLEASE DON'T GO SEE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN...IT WON'T GET BETTER !!!!!!

Edited by Collec

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use twitter,but I saw this video recommended by YouTube for me.

PEOPLE WAKE UP ! I already had no plans to go see this movie n cinema and watch it at home...but what more proof do you need,that it's gonna be a trash movie?

STOP WAVING YOUR STAR WARS FAN FLAG !!! I got Star Wars lightsabers at home,comics,toys,games, Revan Book, Blu-Ray ThE Complete Saga....IT DOESN'T MATTER......ALL THEY CARE IS ABOUT MONEY. DON'T GO SEE THIS MOVIE !!!! And if you do and when it's gonna be trash, DON'T GO SEE IT AGAIN !!!! OR 32 TIMES !!!!

That guy/girl has no one to blame but himself/herself for buying 32 tickets.

They already have plan for new trilogy,which will hit in 2022. They have no plans of stopping. I doubt it'll ever bomb as hard as Terminator Dark Fate did (and it wasn't that bad movie...still better than Force Awakens and Last Jedi), but do you think you'll see any new Terminator movie anytime soon ?

MAKE THIS TURD FLOP: SAY NO TO DISNEY TRILOGY !!! Let it make under a billion dollars. Let it make less than 500 million dollars. I get it...people will say " whatever I'll still go see it"....knock yourself out...BUT PLEASE DON'T GO SEE IT AGAIN AND AGAIN...IT WON'T GET BETTER !!!!!!

You've actually convinced me to go and buy multiple tickets to see the movie several times, thanks!

You've actually convinced me to go and buy multiple tickets to see the movie several times, thanks!

I'm loosing at your counter-trolling, my friend. Aaah, if TROS is as good as I'm expecting it to be I would watch it multiple times too but alas theather tickets aren't cheap so I'll just watch it once.

Edited by FlameYOL

I'm loosing at your counter-trolling, my friend. Aaah, if TROS is as good as I'm expecting it to be I would watch it multiple times too but alas theather tickets aren't cheap so I'll just watch it once.

My take on it is a little different. The tickets are, indeed, not cheap, so I'm not buying extras until I see if the film is worth seeing again.

But I am going to see it, just like I went to see the first three films (Star Wars(1), ESB, RotJ), TFA, TLJ, R1 and S:aSWS (for ... reasons ... that weren't valid even at the time, I missed tPM, AotC and RotS when they were in the cinemas, but I have watched them on DVD since then).

(1) The film released in 1977 was called Star Wars.

Oh he's "crushing" me isn't,he ? I'm "crushed".

Since I am so good at convincing people....please film yourself before and after the movie. Like that one guydid for The Last Jedi.....first all smiles and couldn't wait to see it....then after he saw it almost in tears.

Oh he's "crushing" me isn't,he ? I'm "crushed".

Since I am so good at convincing people....please film yourself before and after the movie. Like that one guydid for The Last Jedi.....first all smiles and couldn't wait to see it....then after he saw it almost in tears.

I'm taking you about as seriously as I take the guy complaining about it being 72 F and him being cold.

Just yet another internet troll who likes to hear themselves complain and to infect everyone with whiny BS.

Edited by MadDutchman

I'm taking you about as seriously as I take the guy complaining about it being 72 F and him being cold.

Just yet another internet troll who likes to hear themselves complain and to infect everyone with whiny BS.

It's ok...you didn't get what I meant.

Record yourself before and after and upload it to YouTube.

Viva La Disney Trilogy !!!

Thanks, you opened my eyes!

The desperation of Sequels haters confirms my belief that in ten years, the cycle will repeat with the next series that gets released.

The Sequels will be worshipped like the Prequels are by those who grew up with them today and the new one will be condemned left and right by "older fans".

And since tickets are not expansive at my age where I live, unless the film is a disaster (And I doubt it'll be) I'll probably see it twice at least.

It's ok...you didn't get what I meant.

Record yourself before and after and upload it to YouTube.

Viva La Disney Trilogy !!!

Sounds boring, and a colossal waste of my time.

I'd much rather discuss and debate the finer points of the movie with my friends, things I liked and didn't like, implications for future and past media, lore implications, themes and inspirations within the movie and so on, all with a big glass of Northern Harvest in hand.

Much more interesting and doesn't involve the irrelevant opinions of the internet masses.

And why exactly would I do something that a stranger on the internet told me to do?

Perhaps there's a lesson in it for you, that not everything needs to be put out on the internet. Sometimes it's better to keep things just to yourself, I bet that attitude saved me from unnecessary embarrassment more than once!

Thanks, you opened my eyes!

The desperation of Sequels haters confirms my belief that in ten years, the cycle will repeat with the next series that gets released.

The Sequels will be worshipped like the Prequels are by those who grew up with them today and the new one will be condemned left and right by "older fans".

And since tickets are not expansive at my age where I live, unless the film is a disaster (And I doubt it'll be) I'll probably see it twice at least.

Prequel trilogy actually added stuff. And it had actual story. Sure there are some differences, because of what technology allowed them to do before and after original trilogy., but there is still continuity there.

Disney trilogy is...Force Awakens copy of New Hope..and no one can deny that. Last Jedi doesn't even bother to follow,what Force Awakens did and there's no denying that either.

And Disney trilogy is all based on nostalgia....bring back old cast, ruin their characters and promote old characters, because christmas time+ nostalgia= money.....and all their new characters are trash.

There is more buzz around Palpatine alone than Rey,Finn,Poe,Rose and every new character from Disney Trilogy COMBINED.

But like I said...people can go wave their SW flags and buy into hype....and buy all those babby "Yoda's" . And go see movie and tell themselves it's not trash.....

Edited by Collec

And why exactly would I do something that a stranger on the internet told me to do?

Perhaps there's a lesson in it for you, that not everything needs to be put out on the internet. Sometimes it's better to keep things just to yourself, I bet that attitude saved me from unnecessary embarrassment more than once!

Well I convinced you to go see it multiple times so easy,right?

And when you'll watch it in cinema...you'll hear my voice without me actually being there. Every scene,that it'll be bad...you'll hear in back of your head me saying it's trash. While I'll sit at home and laugh at all the rage epiosde IX will bring. All those die hard fans,who have defended Force Awakens and Last Jedi so far...oh it'll be so funny to read and watch them.

Even Legoland knows what is up. They are removing SW miniatures after January 6th 2020....and movie comes out December 20th 2019....do the math.

Well I convinced you to go see it multiple times so easy,right?

And when you'll watch it in cinema...you'll hear my voice without me actually being there. Every scene,that it'll be bad...you'll hear in back of your head me saying it's trash. While I'll sit at home and laugh at all the rage epiosde IX will bring. All those die hard fans,who have defended Force Awakens and Last Jedi so far...oh it'll be so funny to read and watch them.

Even Legoland knows what is up. They are removing SW miniatures after January 6th 2020....and movie comes out December 20th 2019....do the math.

Lol, you think you're that relevant? I'll likely completely forget your existence by this evening, let alone episode IX's release date, but okay, whatever floats your boat, mate.

It's troublesome that you're so spiteful that you wouldn't want other people to enjoy things. What people like and don't like is not for you to decide, you know, that's their own business. I would wish someone "enjoy yourself" when they would go see something they're excited for, but then again, I might be too mundane for this world.

Edited by Ylliarus

I personally don't care to much if I see it when it comes out, however I do believe people should go and enjoy themselves if they want to watch it.

My opinion is that every SW movie Disney has made is garbage, but that's just my opinion, and everyone else can decide for themselves what they like.

Lol, that thread.

Don’t worry, there’re plenty of circumstantial evidences that IX won't be a huge success.

• According to Google statistics, the interest to the movie is not that high.
  • Based on multiple defensive statements made by Iger, KK, Abrams and others, they’re not so sure their movie is a masterpiece and keep pointing at each other (“…and then, you know, JJ came up with that amazing idea!”, “It was actually George’s idea, believe it or not!”).
  • Based on the fact that new shots and TV spots keep confirming JediPaxis’ script which is the embodiment of horrible writing… well, lots of fans will probably not go to theatres to rewatch it. Same as TLJ.

Relax and enjoy massive butthurt.

They already have plan for new trilogy,which will hit in 2022. They have no plans of stopping.

Actually they do. They cancelled Benioff and Weiss' movies, and Rian's trilogy is a Schrödinger trilogy; their statements about it are extremely vague. It's obvious they're focused on TV shows now.

Edited by Ollmich

Prequel trilogy actually added stuff. And it had actual story. Sure there are some differences, because of what technology allowed them to do before and after original trilogy., but there is still continuity there.

Disney trilogy is...Force Awakens copy of New Hope..and no one can deny that. Last Jedi doesn't even bother to follow,what Force Awakens did and there's no denying that either.

And Disney trilogy is all based on nostalgia....bring back old cast, ruin their characters and promote old characters, because christmas time+ nostalgia= money.....and all their new characters are trash.

There is more buzz around Palpatine alone than Rey,Finn,Poe,Rose and every new character from Disney Trilogy COMBINED.

But like I said...people can go wave their SW flags and buy into hype....and buy all those babby "Yoda's" . And go see movie and tell themselves it's not trash.....

The Prequels "added" a lot of concepts which were only developped and realized in supplementary materials.

Quick question: Can you tell me, without mentioning the Clone Wars episode on the subject, exactly what was the structure of the Separatist movement and their demands? Answer: You can't, it's not in the movies. Any of them.

TFA does copy a lot of moments and concepts of ANH but it remixes at lot of it, shifting the context and the intention behind it. It's a matter of personal appreciation. I thought it was an enteraining movie but it lacked ambition and scope.

Saying that The Last Jedi didn't follow on TFA is non-sense. Everything that happens in the movie is coherent with TFA, just not what YOU expected to see happen. All of the characters arcs follow through logically (Except Rey's family longings considering she more or less had found a place at the end of TFA), the events are a logical follow through (Resistance evacuation, Luke having given up being already said by Han, etc...).

And saying the Sequels are reliant on nostalgia when the Prequels litteraly reduced the galaxy's scope to a village FOR NOSTALGIA'S SAKE is hilarious. Yes, having Anakin being 3PO's creator is nostalgia bait, Jango Fett is nostagia bait, having clone armors look so similar to Stormtroopers IS NOSTALGIA BAIT.

And if you actually bothered to read subreddits around Star Wars, especially Leaks and Cantina, you'd notice that people theorize a lot more about the new characters than Sheev. But considering your discourse is basically SaltierThanCrait's on steroids... I don't expect you to actually read up on opposing opinions.

And thanks for authorizing me to fool myself into believing I'll like the movie. Next time I'm unsure what my opinion is supposed to be, I'll be sure to laugh at you then make up my own mind.

Keep wallowing in your negativity, scream at those monsters from Disney and cry when they keep making well received movies. I'll hit you up in ten years when the Sequels are being positively compared to the new movies.

And since my sub is running out I won't post again so let me conclude: Thanks for the laughs, I'll definitely forget about you by this evening and not think about you when going to see The Rise of Skywalker.

Lol, that thread.

Don’t worry, there’re plenty of circumstantial evidences that IX won't be a huge success.

• According to Google statistics, the interest to the movie is not that high.
  • Based on multiple defensive statements made by Iger, KK, Abrams and others, they’re not so sure their movie is a masterpiece and keep pointing at each other (“…and then, you know, JJ came up with that amazing idea!”, “It was actually George’s idea, believe it or not!”).
  • Based on the fact that new shots and TV spots keep confirming JediPaxis’ script which is the embodiment of horrible writing… well, lots of fans will probably not go to theatres to rewatch it. Same as TLJ.

Relax and enjoy massive butthurt.

Actually they do. They cancelled Benioff and Weiss' movies, and Rian's trilogy is a Schrödinger trilogy; their statements about it are extremely vague. It's obvious they're focused on TV shows now.

They want Jon Faverau to direct 1st movie, Dave Filloni second. They have plans. JUst because they removed those, doesn't mean they stop.

I don't care what George Lucas had planned. He sold out. I don't have shirne at home, where I worship him. He bent his knees many times to toy sales....and that is what this franchise is best at...selling toys. Well not anymore.

Critics will already give this movie 9/10....maybe even an 8/10. And shills will hype it up, so that parents will take their kids to see it.

Lol, you think you're that relevant? I'll likely completely forget your existence by this evening, let alone episode IX's release date, but okay, whatever floats your boat, mate.

It's troublesome that you're so spiteful that you wouldn't want other people to enjoy things. What people like and don't like is not for you to decide, you know, that's their own business. I would wish someone "enjoy yourself" when they would go see something they're excited for, but then again, I might be too mundane for this world.

You might forget about me now...but when you'll sit in cinema...even before movie will start, you'll think about me.

Only thing I'm spiteful about is that I hope they make less then 500 million in total. Realisticlly I think movie will make 700-800 easily, because of all hype,how it's the LAST MOVIE and STAR WARS ip and then might struggle to 1 billion. But I also think it'll break 1 billion in total.

Everyone has their own taste...but one day people will be like..."all they care about is money"....and they'll start voting with their wallets.

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahaahahahahhaa

Compelling argument, do go on!

Oh and on the Separatist thing, that's not an answer.

My question was: How does an alliance of thousands of planets justify it's war against the Republic and maintains political cohesion. And that's not in the films.

Sure, Palpatine "controls" the Separatists but that doesn't explain how billions of people chose to break from the Republic.

EDIT: Also, you're not good with sarcasm and snark, are you? Like, you take everything at face value and run with it.

You REALLY think I intend to talk to you in ten years about the Sequels? Did you think I was serious? At all?

I mean, I know you have a rather high opinion of yourself but... come on! A blind person could read the irony in that statement.

Edited by Leklor

Compelling argument, do go on!

Oh and on the Separatist thing, that's not an answer.

My question was: How does an alliance of thousands of planets justify it's war against the Republic and maintains political cohesion. And that's not in the films.

Sure, Palpatine "controls" the Separatists but that doesn't explain how billions of people chose to break from the Republic.

EDIT: Also, you're not good with sarcasm and snark, are you? Like, you take everything at face value and run with it.

You REALLY think I intend to talk to you in ten years about the Sequels? Did you think I was serious? At all?

I mean, I know you have a rather high opinion of yourself but... come on! A blind person could read the irony in that statement.

Here's my response to your Force Awakens :

It is in the films. It's in The Phantom Menace....when Padme is with Palpatine he tells her,that she'll see something along the lines on,who really rules senate....and then chancellor Valoruum falls back into his seat,when Padme nominates Palpatine.

You won't be able to talk to me in 10 years...but I'll still be on your mind.

Edited by Collec

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure not to go see it. I didn't care for The Last Jedi, but still don't regret going to see it, I think I'll go see this one too. :rolleyes:

The dork in the video and the snowflake Hamil, won't change my mind in the least. The only thing Hamil is good at is voice acting. About his comment on Twitter, nothing more than him being facetious. Either way, who cares.. lol People like you and others hoping people won't see it, all you're doing is prodding people to go see it. So I guess if that's your underlying intention, then it's working perfectly.

I can all but guarantee you that not one person will read any of the nonsense and think to themselves, "you know what, maybe the person on the SWTOR forums was right, lets not go see it". Of course that doesn't mean the movie doesn't have the potential to bomb and people not take in a second viewing, but if you actually think people will take you serious and not go see it, then not only is ignorance on display here, but certainly naivety.

Edited by Pirana

Best I can say is I'll probably go to see it to round up the saga... which makes me rathers sad thinking about how hyped we were for the previous installments.

Whole disney trilogy feels like scorched earth tactics to do as clean a brake with PT/OT as possible to get out of paying Lucas royalties or something...

Why mickey thought, figuratively speaking, that trying to build an iconic monument for the glorious future by smelting down the Statue of Liberty for the raw materials was good idea, is going to be one of the mysteries every cinematography class henceforth touches on. Sure some won't mind I guess, demolish the Lincoln memorial while you're at... but why intentionally stomp a hornets nest if you're a corporation that forked 4 billion to buy it?

Ya well...

How does it feel to have lived long enough to see all your favorite franchises go down in flames? Feels great! redlettermedia.gif

Edited by aeterno

So you don't think you will like it, okay you made your point but why make a big deal about it if others want to see it. It seems you have an agenda and if people disagree with you, you don't like it. Have you not learned "Agree to Disagree" instead of constantly arguing over something that will have varying opinions. :rolleyes:

As far as remembering someone on the internet in 10 years, unless you were important in their life and not just a person posting something on the internet I doubt many will remember you. I don't even think anyone will remember anyone on this game in 10 years unless they are actual friends or more.

Edited by casirabit

The real question is: how can anybody be this angry, for this long, about movies set in a universe that revolves around space wizards who try and hit each other with glow sticks.

I love Star Wars, but it has always been a dumb, fun space fantasy epic. People hold the Disney sequels to a higher standard than they hold the Original Trilogy (or the extended universe stuff, remember when a Wookie got crushed by a moon? Yeah, that wasn't stupid at all) and then pretend that their arguments are somehow well-founded and not nitpicking manufactured simply for the satisfaction of being righteously angry.

If you don't like Disney Star Wars, fine. Good. Movies and art are subjective. You have the right to dislike them. But being this angry about it (or doing other tremendously stupid things like sending the actors hate mail for saying lines they had no part in writing) is just pathetic.

Everyone who has become so absorbed in their hatred of TLJ and the Disney movies should watch this and reconsider: