Fix Juggernauts in PVP -- WAY OP!`

Jarbarian

Im 99% certain there arent even 1k players in solo ranked. Im so positive of that that I would say it unless someone actually presented 1k+ IP adresses tied to solo rating.

All servers combined, people who actually stick through the first ten matches for a rating.

Why am I so certain? Because I have played both NA servers solos at the thick of the season and at the end and I flat out spoke to the same 50 some odd people queueing all day, every week, month after month.

Edited by Seterade

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im 99% certain there arent even 1k players in solo ranked. Im so positive of that that I would say it unless someone actually presented 1k+ IP adresses tied to solo rating.

All servers combined, people who actually stick through the first ten matches for a rating.

Why am I so certain? Because I have played both NA servers solos at the thick of the season and at the end and I flat out spoke to the same 50 some odd people queueing all day, every week, month after month.

There are 7359 characters with at least 10 wins in solo ranked. So unless you think every person playing ranked plays on at least 8 alts, there are clearly more than 1000 people that have placed in ranked. Clearly there are many that placed with less than 10 wins, and clearly most people in ranked play on far less than 8 alts. Thousands is nearly a certainty.

I have also played regularly all season, all on Star Forge. Easily hundreds of different players.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

just in my personal circle of ranked friends 8 of them have 3 anon accounts. Lets suppose for arguements sake I made up that number... people on the forum who don't pvp have admitted to have multiple accounts, you really think with all the botting and multi boxxing done in solos that ranked players dont have anon accounts?

and dont forget to not count 1 elo accounts. No one can possibly have 1 elo unless they are deliberately losing with no intention of winning... meaning, if george goes on fleet and tells fred to queue and throw over and over we dont count fred.

edit: I went and checked... 15 pages of 1 elo players. I looked further, it took till page 22 to find anyone over 900

Edited by Seterade

I will say one last thing, because I believe argueing with you is futile.

You have had a good run with solos, good on you. Many of us don't share that exp and a lot of said people are very good players screwed by rng. I will say you are the first person to tell me solos rating is meaningful. I suggest on your free time you try to contact failure, actually toxic, lukewarm tauntauns, paramount, lightning masters... really any guild that is even remotely ranked based and ask them how much solos matter. I'm sure you'll have a fine time argueing your points but I doubt you'll get anywhere. In many players eyes, ranked is simply a game. its fueled by fotm, rng and some skill thrown in. Most of us have accepted this, we know our gold toons are there cuz fate smiled, but if you believe it's because of skill, nothing anyone is going to tell you on this forum is going to change your mind.

Edited by Seterade

I will say one last thing, because I believe argueing with you is futile.

You have had a good run with solos, good on you. Many of us don't share that exp and a lot of said people are very good players screwed by rng. I will say you are the first person to tell me solos rating is meaningful. I suggest on your free time you try to contact failure, actually toxic, lukewarm tauntauns, paramount, lightning masters... really any guild that is even remotely ranked based and ask them how much solos matter.

The only reason you've never heard that is because most of you live in the forum bubble of ranked hate. Also, aside from the fact that most of those guilds are dead or don't play the game at all, they are totally irrelevant. Group ranked is dead, and is unlikely to revive. Solo ranked is all there is.

I'm sure you'll have a fine time argueing your points but I doubt you'll get anywhere. In many players eyes, ranked is simply a game. its fueled by fotm, rng and some skill thrown in. Most of us have accepted this, we know our gold toons are there cuz fate smiled, but if you believe it's because of skill, nothing anyone is going to tell you on this forum is going to change your mind.

The only people that believe the things you just expressed are those searching for excuses as to why they can't get the results they want out of ranked. That is the sad reality. To suggest that it's "fueled by fotm, rng" is just blatantly not true. There are too many good players that get consistently good results in ranked. If everything you say is true, then it should be impossible to reliably climb in rating, but it is possible.

You say some people are "screwed by rng," yet others aren't. I honestly feel bad for you if this is your opinion. You'll never be able to accept that you need to improve to see better results. It's far more comfortable psychologically to blame the system, but it is not the system's fault, I'm sorry to have to tell you.

But by all means, continue the sob story. Meanwhile, other players will continue to get gold on multiple toons season after season, even on non-fotm classes. I guess they've all just been blessed by the rng gods even when they literally play hundreds of games per toon lol.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

thousands lol

Many nights it only popped on NA because we coordinated 6 or 7 people to q.

Also, rating means nothing. When there are 8 people in q and 1 is an uncarryable bot, it doesn't matter how good you are. Whoever gets the bot loses. And if you keep qing your rating gets tanked. There inst enough of a population for the elo system to work or mean anything. This was true 5 years ago and it is even more the case now.

Fortunately for the rest of us, posting nonsense on the forums doesn't make it true. Everyone can look at the leaderboards themselves and see that thousands have played solo ranked over the course of a season.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

if you are going to spout statistics as your evidence I suggest you stop using tunnel vision numbers that specificaly support your claim. try count the all advance classes that have 0 wins, 1 win, 2 wins, 5 wins, 10 and 100. perhaps you will start to have a greater appreciation for how many thousands of players actually contribute ranked. also keep in mind the leaderboards are notorious for not removing deleted characters from the board.

also... start asking yourself why you seem to have 0 support for your statments... even if people on the forums are clueless, its odd that no one agrees with you... since you are in theory correct.

for 3.3k views for this topic... surely, someone else sees the light and agrees with facts?

Edited by Seterade

Methinks this train got derailed a bit hehe 😂

Nobody cares about ranked, it’s that simple.

As for rng regarding win traders, it’s like beating a tree stump in a sprint over 100m and printing off a chufty badge to wear in front of all ur mates. Good job 👍 follow your dreams!!

if you are going to spout statistics as your evidence I suggest you stop using tunnel vision numbers that specificaly support your claim. try count the all advance classes that have 0 wins, 1 win, 2 wins, 5 wins, 10 and 100. perhaps you will start to have a greater appreciation for how many thousands of players actually contribute ranked. also keep in mind the leaderboards are notorious for not removing deleted characters from the board.

Hardly anyone deletes characters... And the leaderboards 100% support my indisputable position that thousands of players play ranked throughout a season. You, and anyone else, can literally look at them yourself. You're trying to deny that 2+2=4 lol.

also... start asking yourself why you seem to have 0 support for your statments... even if people on the forums are clueless, its odd that no one agrees with you... since you are in theory correct.

for 3.3k views for this topic... surely, someone else sees the light and agrees with facts?

The answer to that is extremely obvious. Very few of the people that play, let alone succeed in, solo ranked post on these forums. Furthermore, 99% of the ranked hate is from people that don't play ranked. You really think popular opinion from ignorant people means anything? This is just sad.

To be totally honest, everything I've said is so obvious as to be self-evident to anyone that knows about ranked. It pains me that I even need to post such things on the forums, let alone argue about them. Nonetheless I feel compelled to so that uninformed people don't get taken in by all of the misinformation posted about ranked.

lul. /5char

EDIT] you know what your arguements about gear, bolster, rating and abilitys remind me of? An old saying in my family... "You can't learn basketball from a book" you throw around numbers and spread sheets and math and declare it infallible... but the reality is your arguements are based on a game that is riddled with 0 moderation, bugs, lack of updates, poor design and a playerbase that will exploit whatever they possible can to "get theirs". Until you understand you do not play a bugless perfect game designed infallibly by facts... you will never be anything more than someone who comes on the forum and pours meaningless numbers out of your text boxes for hours, hoping someone may agree with you.

If you had even taken 2 seconds to think about your claim of "7k" ranked players..... you would feel so silly. I said quote

Im 99% certain there arent even 1k players in solo ranked.

guess what? 1k people with 7 alts.... equals how many ranked players?

Edited by Seterade

Im seriously scratching my head as to how Juggs are allowed to even entrer PVP when they are unkillable, have so much defense and so much damage. They are literally topping every single PVP match. How this gets through the development team and not even looked at is a joke.

Fair PVP means balance the classes. You say gear doesn't matter in PVP it does.

I mean no wonder why people quit BGs when they see 1 or 2 classes destroying everyone. It's demoralizing to others who don't have 256+ gear be told "gear doesn't matter" when that and the class PROVES IT DOES!

FIX IT!

FIX IT!

FIX IT!

this is kind of a lol. Only class weaker than jugg right now is maybe PT/VG. Juggs and Guardians are almost always focused first. They were supposed to be a "tanky" DPS but are really a glass cannon meaning if focused= dead and if left alone = tons of damage. Not the way this class should feel.

lul. /5char

EDIT] you know what your arguements about gear, bolster, rating and abilitys remind me of? An old saying in my family... "You can't learn basketball from a book" you throw around numbers and spread sheets and math and declare it infallible... but the reality is your arguements are based on a game that is riddled with 0 moderation, bugs, lack of updates, poor design and a playerbase that will exploit whatever they possible can to "get theirs". Until you understand you do not play a bugless perfect game designed infallibly by facts... you will never be anything more than someone who comes on the forum and pours meaningless numbers out of your text boxes for hours, hoping someone may agree with you.

Most of my arguments are based on my extensive experience playing ranked in this game, both from season 1 and especially the last year and a half or so. In other words, it is direct eye witness testimony. You apparently see wintraders, botters, leavers and manipulators around every corner, and you think they are screwing you out of elo or something. That isn't happening in the vast majority of matches.

And I obviously don't care whatsoever whether anyone agrees with me lol. As I've said before, very few people even know who I am in game, so why would I care. I just hate to see misinformation and stupidity go unchallenged.

If you had even taken 2 seconds to think about your claim of "7k" ranked players..... you would feel so silly. I said quote

guess what? 1k people with 7 alts.... equals how many ranked players?

So it's your opinion that everyone who plays solo ranked does so on at least 7 alts. It boggles my mind that you could possibly think that that's realistic. Also remember, that that 7000 number was conservative, because that was everyone with at least 10 wins. There are far more characters that completed placements and had less than 10 wins.

I also never claimed there were 7000 ranked players at all, I just said "thousands" as in more than 1000 for sure, likely several thousand.

You are still actually trying to argue with the cold hard numbers lol. I don't get it.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I have 16 alts, play them all in solos and in the span of this season have deleted 30 alts.

and over 3 servers, malgus, SS and SF I prob have close to maybe... zzzzz 40 slots a server and actively queue on 14 of them each server? I general avoid queueing on vg or pt, cuz I refuse to play tank.

Im not assuming anything, Im basing my assessments on people I know in ranked, myself and people who I fight alongside but dont know outside of the queue. they all have multiple alts and almost all of them play either several of their main class or have at least 1 of each advanced class. what you are doing at this point is putting your fingers in your ears and singing a merry tune because that sounds like more fun than admitting solos has lackluster skill bearing.

even mat farmers have been queueing on all their alts.. but I guess those dont count either. /shrug

mmmm btw, many people know who you are. after all you called yourself jedimasteralex in derps discord, and everyone from junkie to me to you were in that one.

ps: I just went through my many convos in discord.. you know aer deleted his user? funny how many people do that :thinking:

Edited by Seterade

I have 16 alts, play them all in solos and in the span of this season have deleted 30 alts.

and over 3 servers, malgus, SS and SF I prob have close to maybe... zzzzz 40 slots a server and actively queue on 14 of them each server? I general avoid queueing on vg or pt, cuz I refuse to play tank.

Im not assuming anything, Im basing my assessments on people I know in ranked, myself and people who I fight alongside but dont know outside of the queue. they all have multiple alts and almost all of them play either several of their main class or have at least 1 of each advanced class. what you are doing at this point is putting your fingers in your ears and singing a merry tune because that sounds like more fun than admitting solos has lackluster skill bearing.

What you're providing is the definition of anecdotal evidence. You know a few people with a lot of alts that queue ranked and assume that's what everyone is doing. That's obviously not the case. You must know that your situation of using as many alts as you do is quite unusual, and kind of strange, because you're not going to ever be able to afford the expensive rewards if you spread your tokens that thin.

mmmm btw, many people know who you are. after all you called yourself jedimasteralex in derps discord, and everyone from junkie to me to you were in that one.

I mean, that's like a handful of people lol. I don't really care whether people know who I am on this forum one way or the other. I don't post anything that I don't believe in.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

bud..... sigh.. explaining this is like explaining it to a brick wall. No. One. Cares. About. The. Rewards. Unless, they are titles/flairs. You don't have to grind for those. This game hasn't had coveted rewards since season 3. And no. I am exceptionaly friendly, anti toxic player and because of that know almost everyone who queue in solos, or did mmmm 3? months ago... before I took a break from endgame. You say "bunch of misinformation on the forum" but you are one of those sources. You don't know the top 3s. You don't know the granked crowd. You aren't on talking basis with most of the solos queue... Because.. if you were, you wouldn't spout this nonsense. Everything you have pointed out, Everything, sounds like someone who crunched a bunch of numbers to sound smart, had just enough exp to talk about the wrong things then decided to educate the forum. There is a family guy joke about that. "She took 1 semester of psychology and has everyone figured out?" "Basically" Edited by Seterade

bud..... sigh.. explaining this is like explaining it to a brick wall. No. One. Cares. About. The. Rewards. Unless, they are titles/flairs. You don't have to grind for those.

Never said you did. Up to you if you don't want to lol.

This game hasn't had coveted rewards since season 3.

You know that those are the rewards that will be available after the end of the next season right?

You don't know the top 3s.

I know several.

You don't know the granked crowd.

Someone has their head in the sand. There is no "granked crowd."

You aren't on talking basis with most of the solos queue... Because.. if you were, you wouldn't spout this nonsense. Everything you have pointed out, Everything, sounds like someone who crunched a bunch of numbers to sound smart, had just enough exp to talk about the wrong things then decided to educate the forum. There is a family guy joke about that. "She took 1 semester of psychology and has everyone figured out?" "Basically"

This is just so ignorant. I play solo ranked as much as, or probably more than, you do. I currently have 4 gold toons and multiple silvers, all with hundreds of games played on each. And a dps pt that I can't even get to bronze, I must admit.

What numbers did I crunch? Looking at the publicly available leaderboards for 10 seconds?

You have very strange ideas about ranked that you seem to have worked out in your head that don't actually have any bearing on what happens in reality.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

lul. But the reality is your arguments are based on a game that is riddled with 0 moderation, bugs, lack of updates, poor design and a playerbase that will exploit whatever they possible can to "get theirs".

His argument is ranked no longer poses these variables. I mean, if he doesn't experience any of the variables you listed above I guess his perspective is an honest one on his behalf but it's hard to believe.

Personally I view such an idyllic scenario regarding ranked more delusional than anything else. That or it's a matter of simply being so entrenched in a narrative that the truth has to be ignored.

this sums up the entirety of your lack of exp with ranked, and sums up my point in one statement. good luck argueing endlessly.

You actually think granked has any relevance in the current game? That's kind of pathetic. Granked has been meaningless for years. You're delusional if you think it has any relevance to the current game. Giving any credence to a "granked crowd" just further shows your ignorance.

His argument is ranked no longer poses these variables. I mean, if he doesn't experience any of the variables you listed above I guess his perspective is an honest one on his behalf but it's hard to believe.

Personally I view such an idyllic scenario regarding ranked more delusional than anything else. That or it's a matter of simply being so entrenched in a narrative that the truth has to be ignored.

Bad stuff happens in solo ranked all the time. Every once in a while you witness wintrading, sometimes there are leavers, sometimes there are players so bad they get globaled instantly. Everyone has to deal with such things ocasionally. But such things are relatively rare, and they affect everyone. If you play enough games, those variables will even out. That has always been my point on this, and I've expressed it virtually the same way over and over, yet somehow you find a way to misrepresent it.

You actually think solo ranked has any relevance in the current game? That's kind of pathetic. solo ranked has been meaningless for years. You're delusional if you think it has any relevance to the current game. Giving any credence to a "solo ranked crowd" just further shows your ignorance.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

This discussion has been had in other threads. If you think solo ranked is meaningless, that's perfectly fine, that just means that there is no meaningful pvp in this game for you. The point is that solo ranked is the only meaningful pvp left in the game because group ranked is completely dead.

His argument is that, given you play enough games, the variables like who was on your team and what classes were on which team, any potential winttaders, etc, will tend to even themselves out due to sheer numbers played. Which is true enough, in a large randomly distributed population.

My doubt lies in the last assumption. Is the solo ranked queue large and randomly distributed, or is it like the same 30(or whatever) guys queuing day after day.

Personally I agree that yes, there really is no truly meaningful PvP and I participate in the parts of it I do because I enjoy doing it, plain and simple. I think that if you're trying to show off your skills there are probably better games out there for you.

His argument is that, given you play enough games, the variables like who was on your team and what classes were on which team, any potential winttaders, etc, will tend to even themselves out due to sheer numbers played. Which is true enough, in a large randomly distributed population.

My doubt lies in the last assumption. Is the solo ranked queue large and randomly distributed, or is it like the same 30(or whatever) guys queuing day after day.

There is certainly a core group of solo ranked players, but there are a lot more random people that queue than many seem to realize. Both my experience and the leaderboards prove that (unless you believe that every ranked pvper has 10+ alts each, which is clearly not the case).

Personally I agree that yes, there really is no truly meaningful PvP and I participate in the parts of it I do because I enjoy doing it, plain and simple. I think that if you're trying to show off your skills there are probably better games out there for you.

This is a totally fair perspective. I've said many times in the past that at the end of the day, this is mmo pvp. You basically just mash buttons. It doesn't require nearly the skill to succeed at as other competitive online games.

I've also said before that I play solo ranked for fun. I quite enjoy arenas, and ranked has a competitiveness that regs doesn't.

Edited by JediMasterAlex