Fix Juggernauts in PVP -- WAY OP!`

Jarbarian

Most moderate to high end laptops have a slot for a 2nd SSD, or 2nd M.2 slot. To open your laptop, it's a matter of loosening a few screws. The SSD is Plug'n'Play. I bet you can find a video of your exact laptop showing the installation on YouTube. Edited by Rion_Starkiller

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most moderate to high end laptops have a slot for a 2nd SSD, or 2nd M.2 slot. To open your laptop, it's a matter of loosening a few screws. The SSD is Plug'n'Play. I bet you can find a video of your exact laptop showing the installation on YouTube.

Its more about keeping the warranty, that thing is 5 months old. So if I would take it apart, I would lose all warranty.

Its more about keeping the warranty, that thing is 5 months old. So if I would take it apart, I would lose all warranty.

Are you in the US? That "void if open" stuff no longer applies. Its actually illegal for a company to void a warranty in such a manner.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ne9qdq/warranty-void-if-removed-stickers-illegal-ftc

Edited by Raansu

Are you in the US? That "void if open" stuff no longer applies. Its actually illegal for a company to void a warranty in such a manner.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ne9qdq/warranty-void-if-removed-stickers-illegal-ftc

Nope EU. Here they take stuff seriously.

But its fine, it will be done on wednesday, I will wait till then, PTS is offline anyway.

Edited by merovejec

Just take the back off the laptop and plop it in. Its honestly not that difficult. Just make sure you have a windows image on a usb before you swap so you can install windows on the new SSD.

Or even easier.

Clone the hard drive onto the new drive using a hard drive dock (they are less than $20 AU, should cheaper in the US). And there is plenty of software that’s free to help you do this.

Then all you need to do is put the new one in and not have to reload everything.

It also allows you to keep using your old drive when you remove it as a back up or storage space.

As long as there is no sticker, just carefully open with the right screw driver and don’t scratch the paint on the screws.

I do it all the time for customers and never once had a rejection from a manufacturer in 20 years.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Nope EU. Here they take stuff seriously.

But its fine, it will be done on wednesday, I will wait till then, PTS is offline anyway.

It mostly depends on the manufacture's rules, if the warranty is serviced by them. For example, I've got a Dell G3 with a 3 year warranty from Dell themselves (EU as well). Not sure about adding a hard drive (but if there is an empty slot, it isn't much different from adding RAM) but when researching about it, I found a post by Dell community manager on Dell official forums that changing thermal paste and adding/changing RAM is totally allowed without voiding warranty. Unless you break something during that process (you would need to be really careless to break anything when doing such a simple thing :D ) and they can prove it, warranty will still cover whatever happens to your laptop in the future. Also from experience with my previous laptop (Acer) - I have changed the screen on my own (default one was real garbage) and added an SSD instead of DVD drive (which required a special caddy from Ebay) and I still had warranty when a year later couple buttons on my keyboard got broken. Repairs were done in a local service center that had partnership with the store I bought the laptop in. Even if they noticed my upgrades, they didn't say a thing.

Anyway, if you contact the store or the manufacturer and ask them, you will know for sure what you can do without warranty void.

Im seriously scratching my head as to how Juggs are allowed to even entrer PVP when they are unkillable, have so much defense and so much damage. They are literally topping every single PVP match. How this gets through the development team and not even looked at is a joke.

Fair PVP means balance the classes. You say gear doesn't matter in PVP it does.

I mean no wonder why people quit BGs when they see 1 or 2 classes destroying everyone. It's demoralizing to others who don't have 256+ gear be told "gear doesn't matter" when that and the class PROVES IT DOES!

FIX IT!

FIX IT!

FIX IT!

Every time these hard troll posts about classes which arent OP at all. We need more such things about the actuell strong ones :D!

Edited by -_Richtus_-

I hope this is a troll post. Juggs are good in regs, bad in ranked. Nothing about them is OP. If you want to complain about balance, at least complain about the right classes.

Point still stands just be cause they suck $^% in ranked does mean they aren't unbalanced. Did you ever think that 4 maned ranked was the issue. If we brought back 8 manned rank which you still insist they class is fine?? there's a reason peeps play regs over ranked because ranked is boring and favors " I win Classes"

Point still stands just be cause they suck $^% in ranked does mean they aren't unbalanced. Did you ever think that 4 maned ranked was the issue. If we brought back 8 manned rank which you still insist they class is fine?? there's a reason peeps play regs over ranked because ranked is boring and favors " I win Classes"

I mean, debating 8 mans ranked is just as pointless as debating 4 man ranked. In fact, I'd say moreso, because at least 4 man ranked exists today.

PS: I'm no ranked player and despise the arena format, so you could hardly say I'm defending the system.

I main a madness sorc, hardly one of the "I win classes," and there are many others like me. The only pvpers that claim ranked is "boring" are people that aren't good at ranked.

I main a madness sorc, hardly one of the "I win classes," and there are many others like me. The only pvpers that claim ranked is "boring" are people that aren't good at ranked.

while i have serious doubts he is one of them, there are plenty of people who are good at their class that don't like ranked.

while i have serious doubts he is one of them, there are plenty of people who are good at their class that don't like ranked.

Certainly possible, though I'd imagine it's very rare. After all, what is the basis for even establishing that you're good if you don't play ranked? For example, you yourself have said that you usually queue for regs with a pocket healer. Now, there's nothing wrong with that and I'm not saying you're necessarily bad, but there's no way you can make a claim to being good if that's how you play. You're not being tested the way ranked tests players, even if you've played ranked a handful of times in the past.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Certainly possible, though I'd imagine it's very rare. After all, what is the basis for even establishing that you're good if you don't play ranked? For example, you yourself have said that you usually queue for regs with a pocket healer. Now, there's nothing wrong with that and I'm not saying you're necessarily bad, but there's no way you can make a claim to being good if that's how you play. You're not being tested the way ranked tests players, even if you've played ranked a handful of times in the past.

I have said I only bother TANKING if I'm running with my healer. I also have only ever made claims about my skill when I have something to prove it. At that moment, I also wasn't necessarily talking about myself. I could be complete dog dodo and still have a valid point.

Have a lovely day from that rather lonely vantage point, maybe you and zurules can go back to arguing about granked vs solos.

I have said I only bother TANKING if I'm running with my healer.

Fair enough, my mistake.

I also have only ever made claims about my skill when I have something to prove it. At that moment, I also wasn't necessarily talking about myself. I could be complete dog dodo and still have a valid point.

I don't think you do have a valid point though. If someone only plays regs, then you must think that doing well in regs can make someone a good player. Unless it's just based on that player's opinion of themselves. In other words, there's simply no reliable way to evaluate a person's skill in pvp outside of ranked. If I'm overlooking some other way to tell that a person is good, please enlighten me.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

and you guys wonder why people don't seem to want to queue ranked. I wonder...

I don't wonder that at all. Many regstars have fragile egos and if they played ranked, they'd quickly realize that they're not nearly as good as they think they are. Such players stay in their comfort zone so they can maintain the illusion that they're good at pvp. Pretty transparent stuff.

I don't wonder that at all. Many regstars have fragile egos and if they played ranked, they'd quickly realize that they're not nearly as good as they think they are. Such players stay in their comfort zone so they can maintain the illusion that they're good at pvp. Pretty transparent stuff.

There are other reasons too and I’m not saying that isn’t one of them, it’s just not the whole reason.

And not every class is viable. Which can cause you to feel like you’re a crap player when viable classes global you. Plus it can lead to toxicity from other players if you aren’t on a viable class and I’m sure there are people who prefer not to be kicked or be yelled at for being on the “wrong class”.

That’s not saying some people dont play those classes and try. There are some players who can make the worst classes in the game look OP because of their skill lvl. Most of the time they are just freaks and they don’t represent the majority of players, so people avoid the classes and people playing them (unless they are known to be pvp gods).

For sure. Not trying to generalize too broadly, but that particular reason seemed relevant to the discussion at hand.

I’m no super star, but at least I use to try to play ranked when we had our own regional server. Since that was taken from me, playing ranked is mostly futile unless the other guys are bad or have slow reflexes,

There are so many times I see these conversations about ranked or classes in ranked and I just want to jump in and play to have more first hand knowledge. (So I’m just not considered a reg Star ;))

But it never ends well when you die because of lag and can’t even activate any DCDs . Which just makes you look bad and it’s also detrimental to those on my team and I don’t want to affect their rank. I do play it for fun when it’s preseason because I know it won’t affect other people.

If we had APAC servers I would be playing ranked. But seeing as I’m relegated to being a reg Star because of distance latency, my experiences in arena are mostly reg ones when the queue is low.

I also know I’m not terrible because my old pvp guild had some top notch ranked players and we used to duel a lot on the flag ship while they waited for matches. I used to win some if the lag wasn’t too bad or they had higher lag than normal. And even some of the times I lost, they could tell it was only because I had higher lag. ie, when you’re a Warrior and you know 100% you will never get the first leap in, you have to get creative and highly un-orthodox. I used to practice my combat tactics against them and I got much better with their help :cool:

I often use my un-orthodox style in reg pvp against good players and it throws them completely off. I play with those tactics and strategy instead of having to react to other players moves because I will always be behind the 8 ball trying to play like that. Plus a lot of guess work, lol. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t :D

I’m no super star, but at least I use to try to play ranked when we had our own regional server. Since that was taken from me, playing ranked is mostly futile unless the other guys are bad or have slow reflexes,

There are so many times I see these conversations about ranked or classes in ranked and I just want to jump in and play to have more first hand knowledge. (So I’m just not considered a reg Star ;))

But it never ends well when you die because of lag and can’t even activate any DCDs . Which just makes you look bad and it’s also detrimental to those on my team and I don’t want to affect their rank. I do play it for fun when it’s preseason because I know it won’t affect other people.

If we had APAC servers I would be playing ranked. But seeing as I’m relegated to being a reg Star because of distance latency, my experiences in arena are mostly reg ones when the queue is low.

I also know I’m not terrible because my old pvp guild had some top notch ranked players and we used to duel a lot on the flag ship while they waited for matches. I used to win some if the lag wasn’t too bad or they had higher lag than normal. And even some of the times I lost, they could tell it was only because I had higher lag. ie, when you’re a Warrior and you know 100% you will never get the first leap in, you have to get creative and highly un-orthodox. I used to practice my combat tactics against them and I got much better with their help :cool:

I often use my un-orthodox style in reg pvp against good players and it throws them completely off. I play with those tactics and strategy instead of having to react to other players moves because I will always be behind the 8 ball trying to play like that. Plus a lot of guess work, lol. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t :D

For the record, I think not playing ranked due to really high ping is a perfectly valid excuse. I doubt I would want to either.

We 4 noobs were entering the PvP instance of Ilum a few days ago ... I hate that instance, asked : "Why PvP instance"

"Because there are fewer people" was the answer.

At the pillar [Heroic 4] a Juggernaught kind of waited for us. Or, whatever, there was already a fight going on when I arrived there.

He beat us 4 noobs. I just couldn't understand it, even me with my Commando,, his health was constantly going down, and I had thought he was dead at one point, but I couldn't see that perfectly because so many ability animations wrre overlapping there ... and suddenly he emerged again and beat every one left of us.

Before I left group I wrote "and that's why I never enter the PvP instance".

My fingers were twitching to put that guy on ignore, but in the end I didn't do that.

Later, I managed to kill all 3 [Heroic] pillar droids alone in the PvE instance of that PvP area with my commando.

A guildy then came and we finished that quest there.

For whatever record, I dont think regs shows any tremendous skills either. In both, you're dependent on a randomly thrown together team that may or may not be able to communicate effectively, and granked has a tiny(er) population.

So no, being top ranked in solos doesn't impress me, nor does being top ranked in granked, nor does showing huge numbers on a scoreboard in regs.