Dalborra Welcomes you!

azzhealy

Well firstly it is with great anticipation that a majority and myself of Dalborra look forward to joining our 3 community’s into one.

I wanted to create this thread to learn about those coming to join us upon Dalborra and discuss any questions between our communities.

As our server merge still comes with no ETA, I take this time to read over the forums of both Gav Daragon and Master Dar'Nala in order to learn of those we will soon come to share a server with; I suggest you read over our forums to learn about our server.

We have run a lot of events on Dalborra, as have all our servers and also worked to encourage a strong and vibrant community which has been the strongest point I believe to keeping the Dalborra server with high population. While the forums might be covered lightly in trolls and those who find enjoyment in bringing things down to their level the majority remain silent on the forums and work within game to encourage the strong community and participate in the events.

As a predominate PvP’er I would also like to encourage those who choose to stay Imperial to look up our Guild being Seraphic Nexus as a possible new home or for those importing their Guild I really look forward too if not die slowly for the day the imperial faction will receive reinforcement of competent PvPers as our FTP population has just hit 50 the Factions have found a decent imbalance at present time.

Hey man.

My characters name is Pig on the imperials and Jediari on the reps, I've been playing since update 1.0 so I'm quite a experienced player :D. my main Pig is mainly for Pve atm but in the near future i might try to gear him out for PVP but my republic guy is mainly for PVP :p .

our population on the Gav Daragon server has been about 40ish on the fleet in the evenings....5ish in the mornings

before the FTP started we where pretty much a dead server.

I look forward to Joining your community on the Dalborra server!

from Pig/Jediari

Hey man.

My characters name is Pig on the imperials and Jediari on the reps, I've been playing since update 1.0 so I'm quite a experienced player :D. my main Pig is mainly for Pve atm but in the near future i might try to gear him out for PVP but my republic guy is mainly for PVP :p .

our population on the Gav Daragon server has been about 40ish on the fleet in the evenings....5ish in the mornings

before the FTP started we where pretty much a dead server.

I look forward to Joining your community on the Dalborra server!

from Pig/Jediari

Look forward to our severs merging with much anticipation.

Very decent of you, but maybe a little premature? A merge may be a welcome prospect for many APAC players, but it is by no means an inevitability. And if it does happen, some will undoubtedly look for a welcome elsewhere.

I haven't really looked for the thread but with the last comment from bioware being "what would you like us to do", we are assuming from the majority of votes being merge the 3 servers into 1. That it will happen, what we now speculate is will it happen before or after the expansion.

While I have read through the discussion and seen the discrepancies some of the RP members have with this merge, I have made this thread to extend a olive branch of sorts and extend a welcome to a server and community that could be excellent with the effort of the majority. While some have made their decision with a lack of research I encourage you to have a look at the Dalborra forums and see the events our server has managed to organize and run successfully which I hope shows the RP members that with effort and time you make what you want.

I encourage you to have a look at the Dalborra forums and see the events our server has managed to organize and run successfully which I hope shows the RP members that with effort and time you make what you want.

One thing I recommend you guys might wanna take notice of is that Saedus here, along with other members of Seraphic Nexus, has put a lot of effort into a dueling tournament that they're running right now and so far it's been going on really well so kudos to them for that and who knows, say the server merge does happen, you guys could organize similar things yourselves =)

One thing I recommend you guys might wanna take notice of is that Saedus here, along with other members of Seraphic Nexus, has put a lot of effort into a dueling tournament that they're running right now and so far it's been going on really well so kudos to them for that and who knows, say the server merge does happen, you guys could organize similar things yourselves =)

Thanks Rorkiy very kind words! when people like yourself show appreciation, it makes it all worth it :)

Erm... already did that some time ago... :confused:

Hey Sharth Jila here if you really want to find out about us then go to the server website, link in my sig.

Also we currently have 2 events going on atm the rp army by pig and myself and the imps have some sort of patrol/planet invasion/defence thing going on by aoerna and keahi.

I know that most on Gav Daragon do not look forward to the prospect of an Asia-Pacific server merge, but should it happen regardless, I'd like to implore the RPers of Gav Daragon to give Dalborra a second chance. I cannot help but agree that while the majority might be uneducated and cynical of Role-Play, I believe that the purposes RP fulfils transcends external influence and is instead highly reliant on a community core.

I love RP, the nature of storytelling, living the experiences of the characters we create, acknowledgement of the character as an entity to be respected outside of the self, etc. I wanted to play on Gav Daragon, but ultimately, RP wasn't the 'be all end all' for me when it comes to the game. Realistically, even among RPers, the story will at times come secondary to the experience of the game as it was intended. It is the balanced availability of both story based play and traditional MMO functions that can bring fulfilment.

What am I asking?

Should, through the mystical powers of the force, you be forced to merge with Dalborra, don't feel so bad about it. I understand that there are viable alternatives, such as moving the community (or close friends) to a US based server for RP's sake, and to be in a perceived 'better community', but then you'd deprive the only Asia Pacific server of a strong RP community. I'm currently in my last week of the semester, following which I had planned to, at the very least, attempt to initiate role-play on Dalborra. This will include guides on character profile creation, etiquettes of RP, mechanics of RP interaction, scheduled weekly RP meetings, etc.

I understand that Gav Daragon has its own separate forum, and that most of what I intend to do can be found there. I was hoping that should the servers be merged, we could use that to maintain the Asia Pacific RP community. Do let me know what you guys currently on Gav Daragon think about this concept. Feel free to use vulgarities and insults, catharsis is good for the emotional well being (or so I'm told).

To answer the poster above me, most believe the three Asia-Pacific servers will be merged into Dalborra because of the staggeringly higher population it currently boasts as in comparison to the other two.

I thought the servers were all in Australia.

And according to this, Gav has more people.

Yeah funny that, but apparently the only true indicator of population is how many people are standing around doing notihng on fleet :rolleyes:

Haha, if that is the case then I am mistaken and apologise for said assumption. However, there is a high possibility that all 3 Asia Pacific servers will be merged into one, and regardless of which server becomes the base, I would like for a continuity of RP on the new server if at all possible. Again, this is predicated on the other assumption that there is an eventuality of a combined Asia Pacific server, which may not happen any time soon, or ever, for that matter.

The point of me posting here is to, at the very least, gauge interest in continuing RP should there be a hypothetical server merge. Ultimately, I'd just like to point out that in the hypothetical scenario of a server merge, there will in fact be a viable probability of establishing a decent RP community. Which means a server transfer isn't the only option, in short.

Its safe to say it will be a PvE server and RP too, if you are on an RP server you can choose not to RP and still do PVP.

Its also safe to say a merger will happen, again going by that info, the 3 Aussie severs are the lowest populated, and with more people leeching eventually they will need to merge to cut costs.

As for when, well its EA so who knows, it also makes more sense for then to make a new server than dump everyone onto one of the existing, would cause less disruption and down time.

If we get either a merge/transfer, you can expect a lot of us are going regardless of how things are on Gav Daragon. Some of us are even RPers -- myself included. I personally would like to see the potential people we have... and no I'm not going to run around just doing RP; even here our RP is planned around PvP nights and progression raids of different people and guilds (usually that means that we only have 2-3 days where we can get together).

The last two weeks for example have been especially hectic -- but the last RP we had is so memorable that I even wrote a summary on it and all participants are keen on advancing the plot.

Here's a taste.

• 3 weeks later...