UnOfficial Force Lighting thread

Fallenlore

There have been many discussions about Force Lightning back during beta. I was looking for one place that contained all the talents that may or may not effect Force Lightning, but I couldn't find one. Also there have been numerous posts which say that this talent or that talent effects it, with a response saying that it's not true. So I figured everyone would benefit from one post that contained all that info, hopefully with the top post being updated as things changed.

Feel free to add this top post to the Sith Sorc Codex if it becomes useful. Also it would help tremendously if a Dev could help confirm the points in red. Some of the ?'s are sources from Readers, and as such are marked so.

Ability Force Lightning:

Force Lightning

Instant

Force: 30

Range: 10m

Deals 4011 energy damage to the target over the duration of the effect. Also slows the movement speed of the target by 50% and immobilizes weak and standard enemies.

Damage over Time (DOT) [FL is NOT considered this] [Unconfirmed]

Periodic Effect [FL IS considered this] [Unconfirmed] [Reader See AstrialFire's reference in the Codex]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lightning Talent Tree talents that effect it:

Electric Induction [Confirmed]

Reduces the Force cost of Force attacks and healing abilities by [3 / 6 / 9]%.

Lightning Barrage [Confirmed]

Affliction's critical hits have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Lightning Barrage, causing your next Force Lightning to channel and tick twice as fast. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

Lightning Effusion [Confirmed]

Force attacks that critically hit have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Lightning Effusion, reducing the Force cost of your next two Force abilities by 50%. Additionally reduces the cooldown of Force Speed by [5 / 10] seconds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madness Talent Tree talents that effect it:

Calcify [Confirmed]

Increases the damage dealt by Force Lightning by [4 / 8 / 12]%.

Parasitism [Not sure if affected] [Unconfirmed]

Causes critical hits from periodic damage abilities to restore [0.5 / 1]% of your total health.

Disintegration [Confirmed]

Increases the critical chance of Force Lightning and Lightning Strike by [5 / 10]%.

Madness [Confirmed]

Force Lightning no longer has a cooldown.

Sith Efficacy [Confirmed]

Reduces the pushback suffered while activating Crushing Darkness and Force Lightning by [25 / 50 / 75]%. In addition, each time your Force Lightning deals damage, you have a [33.33 / 66.67 / 100]% chance to recover 1% of your total Force.

Wrath [Confirmed]

When your Force Lightning deals damage, you have a [30]% chance to cause your next damaging Force attack with an activation time to activate instantly and deal 20% more damage.

Deathmark [Does NOT effect FL] [Unconfirmed] [Reader See AstrialFire's reference in the Codex]

Death Field places a deathmark on affected targets, increasing the amount of damage the targets suffer from your next 10 periodic damaging abilities by [20]%. Lasts 30 seconds.

Creeping Death [Does NOT effect FL] [Unconfirmed]

Increases the critical damage bonus of Death Field and your periodic damage abilities by [10 / 20 / 30]%.

Corruption Talent Tree talents that effect it:

Seeping Darkness [Confirmed]

Increases the Force critical chance by [1 / 2 / 3]%.

Inq/Sorcerer abilities that effect it:

Transmission [Confirmed]

Increases the range of Force Lightning, Shock, Jolt, Crushing Darkness and Force Slow by 20 meters. Also increases the duration of Whirlwind to 60 seconds.

Recklessness [Confirmed]

Grants 2 charges of Recklessness, which increases the Force critical chance of your direct attacks and heals by 60% and increases the range of Force Lightning to 30 meters. Each time a direct Force ability critically hits or you activate Force Lightning, you lose 1 charge. Lasts 20 seconds

Here's a nice

about Force Lightning. Please let me know if I missed any talents or have something that's not correct or confirmed. Thanks. Edited by Fallenlore

Force Lightning is NOT a DoT. Any talent for DoT will not effect Force Lightning.

You can PM GeorgZoeller if you still have doubt.

But I guess OP is just going see it in game for him/herself or have a Dev post...

Force Lightning "used to be a DoT" in game mechanic a few beta builds ago, but it is fix in most recent build and launch build.

Yup, that's why I posted:

Damage over Time (DOT) [FL is NOT considered this] [Unconfirmed]

People have been reporting that Parasitism effects FL, but I'm also getting conflicting reports that it does not.

Parasitism [Not sure if affected] [Unconfirmed]

Causes critical hits from periodic damage abilities to restore [0.5 / 1]% of your total health.

Perhaps we need more people testing this or as I said, some dev input.

Yup, that's why I posted:

People have been reporting that Parasitism effects FL, but I'm also getting conflicting reports that it does not.

Perhaps we need more people testing this or as I said, some dev input.

Parasitism does NOT work with Force Lightning, if there are report of it work, it is a bug and should be reported.

I am in early access and I can tell you Parasitism does not work with Force Lightning in launch build, my sorcerer doesn't gain hp when Force Lightning crit.

Edited by Felene