Artifice Does not Crit.

Deresdod

I'm not the only one. Either the crit chance is so stupidly low, or it just doesn't crit. I've made a TON of color crystals, enhancements and hilts, and not once has any of my 400 skill items ever had a critical craft.

On top of that, theres almost no schematics so far that are world random drops for an artifice. Go to the GTN and search for some Schematics for every crew skill. Guess which one has none. (Besides that focus for tanking that seems to be the only one).

Artifice so far is a waste of time and a money sink. The only thing that has maybe made up for it a little bit, is the Magenta crystal i can now make, which really for the mats and time it takes to make it, stats are terrible for someone who doesnt care about the extra +2 Crit just to get a pink saber.

Edited by Deresdod

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have created many shields,generators, and foci with an Augment slot.

The only way to get an augment slot, is to crit on the crafting of the item.

You are not expecting to get a crit while crafting a color crystal, hilt, or enhancement are you?

You will never get an augment slot on an item that is placed into modification slots.

You are not expecting to get a crit while crafting a color crystal, hilt, or enhancement are you?

You will never get an augment slot on an item that is placed into modification slots.

Yep. shield Gens and foci are the only things that crit anymore. modifications such as color crystals do not.

I have done multiple batches of 10+ REs on hilts and other things since I am trying to get all of the epic patterns for the alts that are leveling up. I have gone multiple times without a single crit, not on blues, not on greens. Yet then I hear our armstech over vent learning an epic barrel or 2 every batch. So much that he's close to having every single epic barrel 2-22 learned, while I've got 2-9 and then between 10-21 it's a crap shoot.

Doesn't make us feel comfortable at all when you figure we have to do color crystals and enhancements after that...

Edited by Malakriss

Not expecting an augment on a color crystal, but if mastercraft is considered to be the "Crit" title of the gems, it should boost the stats.

Referring to stuff that is in the data of the game, but nowhere to be found as far as crits go IE: http://www.torhead.com/item/ezWeyLb/mastercraft-blue-eviscerating-crystal something like so, no schematic or anything, so im assuming its for criticals.

I have done multiple batches of 10+ REs on hilts and other things since I am trying to get all of the epic patterns for the alts that are leveling up. I have gone multiple times without a single crit, not on blues, not on greens. Yet then I hear our armstech over vent learning an epic barrel or 2 every batch. So much that he's close to having every single epic barrel 2-22 learned, while I've got 2-9 and then between 10-21 it's a crap shoot.

Doesn't make us feel comfortable at all when you figure we have to do color crystals and enhancements after that...

Yea, part of that is because Troopers have an Armstech companion(to my understanding) that has +10 critical.

We get... nothing. So, go go balance rangers! Err.. wait....

AFAIK, you cannot "crit" making color crystals, enhancements, or hilts.

You can only "crit" on the items you can actually use ( i.e. equip ).

Now, if by "crit", you really mean obtain a better schematic from REing, than that is not a "crit". That is a random chance of getting a higher schematic.

If that is what you mean, than I can assure you, they are working. I have RE the prototype schematic for the orange lethality crystal and obtained the artifact schematic from it.

Currently, both of my lightsabers ( Jedi Sentinel ) have an artifact quality hilt, enhancement, and color crystal I RE and crafted myself, and they are all the top tier of craftables ( i.e. Artifact level Might Hilt 22, ect. ).

Now, if by "crit", you really mean obtain a better schematic from REing, than that is not a "crit". That is a random chance of getting a higher schematic.

If that is what you mean, than I can assure you, they are working. I have RE the prototype schematic for the orange lethality crystal and obtained the artifact schematic from it.

Currently, both of my lightsabers ( Jedi Sentinel ) have an artifact quality hilt, enhancement, and color crystal I RE and crafted myself, and they are all the top tier of craftables ( i.e. Artifact level Might Hilt 22, ect. ).

"Top Tier" meaning you've crafted the best things you could that will be replaced by the Daily commendation vendor's Hilt & Daily reward enhancements the same day you begin doing daily quests @ level 50 right?

Just clarifying... let's not kid ourselves into thinking you got any benefit from leveling to 400 Artificing... because you didn't. Just like the rest of us.

+1.

Companion crafting crit chance is ONLY for producing augment slots on EQUIPPABLE items ( no hilts, no modifications, only stuff like focii, generators, etc). They DO NOT affect your REing success.

REing for a higher level schematic is totally random: It has sometimes taken me as low as 1 or 2 items just to get to the next level schematic for an item. Sometimes, it's taken me more than a dozen ( I didn't really bother to count the max attempts for an item I've done, it was just depressing )

When I replace them is irrelevant to this discussion. I am just pointing out that you can indeed "crit" when crafting in Artifice, but only on the items that are able to be equipped.

AFAIK, you cannot "crit" when crafting any item modification ( Hilt, Color Crystal or Enhancement for Artificers, and Barrels, Modifications, and Armoring for others ).

"Top Tier" meaning you've crafted the best things you could that will be replaced by the Daily commendation vendor's Hilt & Daily reward enhancements the same day you begin doing daily quests @ level 50 right?

Just clarifying... let's not kid ourselves into thinking you got any benefit from leveling to 400 Artificing... because you didn't. Just like the rest of us.

You know, I was just answering the question that was originally posed.

Now I see, you are just looking to bash Artifice, and no facts will change your mind.

If you hate Artifice, than do not do it.

Personally, I enjoy it, have used it, have received benefits from it, and have even sold items I crafted on the GTN from it.

You cannot in anyway know what benefit I obtained from it, you only know your own narrow vision of the Craft.

That's not top tier. Legendary (Deep purple) is.

You know, I was just answering the question that was originally posed.

Now I see, you are just looking to bash Artifice, and no facts will change your mind.

If you hate Artifice, than do not do it.

Personally, I enjoy it, have used it, have received benefits from it, and have even sold items I crafted on the GTN from it.

You cannot in anyway know what benefit I obtained from it, you only know your own narrow vision of the Craft.

If you believe there are benefits to having 400 Artifice that can not be replicated and/or exceeded within hours of hitting level 50 then I'm not the one with the narrow view.

It's useless in all facets and needs to be fixed. The only money to be made is out of the laziness of others not running dailies not from having a superior product to be sold.

That's not top tier. Legendary (Deep purple) is.

By Top Tier in Artifice, I meant, for example, the Might Hilt 22. Not the quality of the schematic, but the level of the item.

Artificers cannot, at the moment, purchase schematics for any hilts higher than 22, it is the same with enhancements. Now you can purchase "pre-made" hilts and enhancements that are above the 22 tier, but an Artificer cannot make those.

I did not mean the best of the best of the best, but the top "tier" of Artifice bought schematics.

By Top Tier in Artifice, I meant, for example, the Might Hilt 22. Not the quality of the schematic, but the level of the item.

Artificers cannot, at the moment, purchase schematics for any hilts higher than 22, it is the same with enhancements. Now you can purchase "pre-made" hilts and enhancements that are above the 22 tier, but an Artificer cannot make those.

I did not mean the best of the best of the best, but the top "tier" of Artifice bought schematics.

I see. And supposedly you can gain 23+ schems by RE'ing the 22's to death.

But seriously. the resources just do not provide the opportunity to RE beyond artifact. It would take millions of credits to go beyond that unless the RNG loved you that day.

Edited by CriticalMasses

If you believe there are benefits to having 400 Artifice that can not be replicated and/or exceeded within hours of hitting level 50 then I'm not the one with the narrow view.

It's useless in all facets and needs to be fixed. The only money to be made is out of the laziness of others not running dailies not from having a superior product to be sold.

You are now putting words into my mouth I never said, to solidify your position.

Let's just stick to the topic of this thread..........

Yes, you can "crit" when crafting in Artifice.

Exaggerate much? Also, why are you calling them "dailies" if you can get everything you want within "hours"?

The only money to be made from having a restaurant is out of the laziness of people who don't want to cook their own meals, amirite? Besides, that's irrelevant. Just because you have disdain for your apparent market doesn't mean that the market doesn't exist, now does it?

Exaggerate much? Also, why are you calling them "dailies" if you can get everything you want within "hours"?

The only money to be made from having a restaurant is out of the laziness of people who don't want to cook their own meals, amirite? Besides, that's irrelevant. Just because you have disdain for your apparent market doesn't mean that the market doesn't exist, now does it?

Uhhh, they're called "dailies" because you can only do them once a day, not because they take a day to complete. /Fail on your response.

To your second point you're attempting to justify the poor implementation of the crafting skill and it's complete lack of actual function or usefulness by claiming the benefit comes from being able to sell easily replaceable items to "lazy people"? The intent of a crafting skill should be to create items that are useful and high quality and not simply put in to generate cashflow from lazy people. Your analogy of a restaurant and crafting skills is poorly misguided.

You must be republicans because there is no substance to your argument. Tell me how and why Artificing is a benefit in any (even one) scenario. If you can find a benefit of Artificing at max skill vs easily attainable replacements then I'll shut up. But for now sir "amirite", no you are not right.

+1 +1 +1 (silly 5 character requirement).

Uhhh, they're called "dailies" because you can only do them once a day, not because they take a day to complete. /Fail on your response.

To your second point you're attempting to justify the poor implementation of the crafting skill and it's complete lack of actual function or usefulness by claiming the benefit comes from being able to sell easily replaceable items to "lazy people"? The intent of a crafting skill should be to create items that are useful and high quality and not simply put in to generate cashflow from lazy people. Your analogy of a restaurant and crafting skills is poorly misguided.

You must be republicans because there is no substance to your argument. Tell me how and why Artificing is a benefit in any (even one) scenario. If you can find a benefit of Artificing at max skill vs easily attainable replacements then I'll shut up. But for now sir "amirite", no you are not right.

You're silly. No one is even trying to tell you that artificing crafteds are better than what you can obtain otherwise. They are just talking about their own expeiences.. and artificing crits.

If you can only do them once a day, then you are limited in how many commendations you can store up. This means that many players won't be able to make you entirely obsolete within hours of hitting 50, because you're assuming that they started dailies earlier than that; that they didn't spend any along the way; and that they didn't see something else that they wanted to spend commendations on first.

You're asking several different questions. Do you want a benefit to Artifice at any scenario, or only at max level? And what do you mean by benefit? Is selling something to someone a benefit? Or is it somehow only a benefit if you sell something that cannot be obtained in any other way? Are your credits somehow worth less because you got them from someone who was, in your words, "lazy?"

You said yourself that there is a market in selling to people who don't do dailies. If that's true, then you get credits for making stuff. Why exactly do you care why they want to buy the stuff you make if they in fact buy the stuff you make?

SIDE NOTE: Which vendors sell all the color crystals at 50? I want to check them out but am having trouble finding them. Serious question.

Edited by TrevNYC

SIDE NOTE: Which vendors sell all the color crystals at 50? I want to check them out but am having trouble finding them. Serious question.

I am not exactly sure what you are asking.

If you are asking if there is a vendor in game that sells color crystals, not slotted into an existing item, then I am not aware of any.

If you can only do them once a day, then you are limited in how many commendations you can store up. This means that many players won't be able to make you entirely obsolete within hours of hitting 50, because you're assuming that they started dailies earlier than that; that they didn't spend any along the way; and that they didn't see something else that they wanted to spend commendations on first.

Within hours of hitting 50, one run through the quests will net you:

A hilt better than artifice can create

A color crystal better than artifice can create

An enhancement equal to the best artifice can create

Also a mod equal to the best crafting can create

And 4 armoring patches better than crafting can create

A mod and enhancement one step below the best crafting can create.

After a week, you and two companions will be sporting items equal to or better than anything that can be crafted.

The market for crafting is only those people who are still leveling (which is itself greatly diminished by the other commendation vendors). Once the majority of players are 50, crafting will be obsolete.

You can get a +power color crystal from one of the dailies.