Is there a trick to HK-47

in Hardmode False Emp, he goes stealth around 30% then starts hitting people for like 10k while he keeps them perma stunned. What is the trick to make sure he doesnt do this ?

u ignore turrets since they do silly damage, once u get to his vanish phase every groups up around eachother, and healer need to be on his toes and be good its about reactiona nd skill if ppl die its becuse the healer is bad or B ppl are REALLY bad geared, i have never wiped there due to doing it with guild only with my friend who is a good healer.

But doing it pugs with bad healers will most likeley result in wipe.

So stack up ontop of HK dps like madman (tank should taunt everytime he comes out of stealth and use aoe ability fast just before he comes out of vanish aswell.

And use protective spells to the target that gets the debuff.

Like jugg intercede and switch Guard to that specific player.

Thats all there is to it GL!

Having cleared HK-47 in HM False Emperor a few times now our basic tactic has been something like this:

When he goes into stealth the first time everyone uses their survival cooldowns, additionally I (as a Juggernaut tank) keeps an eye out for who gets stunned (it isn't a perma stun) and Intercede to further lower their damage taken. Then we try to burn the boss as much and as fast as possible before he does his second stealth. Last couple of times we have usually taken him down on the first or second try. His stun and damaging attack can be a pain, but good dps and gear helps a great deal. The more and faster you can damage the boss the less of an issue his stealth attack will be.

Sorry I can't help you much further, though I will mention that the first time we were there he wiped on him for an hour or more before we got him down.

You absolutely do not need to use any survival cooldowns if you keep this one trick in mind.

When HK-47 is below 50%, everyone should stay close together. When HK-47 goes invis, everyone should stack up together and immediately drop your aoe abilities with no cooldowns if possible (i..e Force Storm). Even healers can do this.

HK-47 actually goes invisible twice per invisible attempt. Someone mentioned you only need to hit him with AOEs when he does invisible for the 2nd time but we drop AOE on both invisibles just to be safe.

If you do this, HK-47 is a very easy fight.

Ignore the turrets. Just exit area after you kill HK-47.

You can use the actual intended mechanic to disable shields on turrets (that guided rocket thing you randomly get), and just kill them after the boss is dead. That way you don't waste time running out and back.

actually dudes.. no aoe is needed... if everyone in the group just dps him as fast as possible as he becomes visible and keep at it again as he recloacks and becomes visible, healer included etc... you will not die of his poisoned grenade.. that being said you are welcome to aoe... but dont think that you can actually break his stealth, that is false information..

Lol the last reply is flat out wrong. If you huddle together and have a trooper/bounty hunter use the stealth detector, or drop an aoe in the center of your huddle, HK-47 will break stealth and not backstab anyone. It really is a simple fight if you use that mechanic. Healing through his backstab is possible with decently geared people, but why put your healer through that?

The most effective way to kill HK-47 is to ignore the turrets. In addition, once he stealths WAIT until he actually stuns the individual that he is about to 1 shot. Randomly AOEing as soon as he stealths will not always interrupt the ability. SI/Sage AOE knockback will interrupt his 'cast' of his ability.

Then continue to dps as normal.

Edited by Riho

The key thing in that phase is to group up. If you have a bounty hunter or trooper they can drop stealth scan and he never disappears letting you keep up on DPS. Other than that yes ignore the turrets but do break their shields. You need to run out if the missiles get on you anyway so mine as well break the turret shields so you don't have to die once you kill HK.

If you do not have a Stealth Scan than you need to pull him out of stealth with AoE, so still group up and AoE. He needs to be hit before he ambushes a party member.

Just an FYI, I pugged this zone earlier and HK-47 enraged around like 5%. When he enrages, he does the stealth ambushes almost back-to-back, making it more likely that he's going to actually kill someone. So if you're getting wiped out by his stealth stuff, that might mean that you don't have enough DPS and you've hit his enrage.

(If so, you'll probably have trouble with the next two bosses in this zone, since they have similar enrage thresholds.)

Edited by Antumbral