CM Item Design Contest(Please BW?)

EAware doesn't care about this forum or about you, therefore this will never happen.

Um, I don't know how to break this to you, but EA/Bioware have implemented numerous suggestions from this forum, admittedly the majority don't make it, but they certainly don't ignore it either (or the suggestion forum).

Edited by AlexDougherty

Um, I don't know how to break this to you, but EA/Bioware have implemented numerous suggestions from this forum, admittedly the majority don't make it, but they certainly don't ignore it either (or the suggestion forum).

EAware hates everybody.

The Everquest Franchise has something called Player Studios. It is a way for players to design items for sell in the station store (aka cartel market) and the creators can get a % of the sale revenues. As good as it is sounds, idk if it is something that is feasible for SWTOR.

https://player-studio.soe.com/

well seein as Dulfy graced ur thread with her presence its got to be a sure thing now lol. but yea this would be pretty cool. id like for bioware to include us in helping the game grow in regard to this. I play warframe a f2p game and they actually have a current contest for such thing now. we are currently voting on the top 3 fan made weapons to be implemented into the game now. but that's not to say bioware doesn't use fan suggestions now. some of the new more revealing cartel armors were inspired by some of the designs/alterations a particular forum poster does atm. if they did do it id be sure to submit my concepts for armors tho.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping for relevance. On Reddit they have shown us a preview of a Swtor Model viewer.

What it is, is a seperate program that uses the SWTOR client files to preview Player Avatars and dress them up like dolls with any gear variants. Its still early in developing status. as of right now you can only view one item piece at a time, as shown as an example. the Consular Battlemaster chestpiece. http://i.imgur.com/qs2T1Af.png

They said over time they hope they can mix and match attachments. as one of the comments said. "Put a jetpack on jedi robes" So with that alone when its released to the public bug free. we could make our own outfits retro fitted with existing armor parts and skins and we could then have a method of a possibility at a design contest.

And before you ask, I can't link the source as it leads to yet to be announced 2.7 spoilers.

Edited by Magnusheart

Can we include more hairstyles in this list? Bioware is notorious for putting out games that got whacked with the "We only know how to code short and ugly hairstyles" stick. (Yes, they eventually added in a couple new decent ones, but they are human only, and a cartel market only item as well )

If you look at player mods for dragon age and other games, there are people with phenominal talent who glady improve biowares sub par designs for free...