<Aeon> [E] - NiM Recruitment Thread

ProcessHeals

About Us:

<Aeon> is a NiM-focused PvE progression guild. Founded on the Ebon Hawk server in early 5.0, we were the first east coast guild to clear all NiM content (pre 248 gear) before transferring over to Harbinger to network with a larger raiding community. Since the move to Harbinger, we have refined our membership and are now clearing timed runs on a weekly basis (all 5 cleared in 2 raid nights after 5.5 nerfs).

The aim of this guild is to clear the hardest content with the highest level of consistency, but we also provide avenues for less experienced members to reach that level.

Our core and policies have evolved over the past several months and with the mergers complete, we are again looking to bolster our ranks with some talented new members. Below you'll find a little bit about our teams followed by recruitment information, should you wish to join.

Teams:

We currently have 4 active teams:

[Cooking w/ Process] (Tues/Mon 8-11p EST) is our main team, which has completed all HM and NiM content including timed runs and surviving achievements. This group is currently focused on testing and providing feedback on the closed pts, but generally still does at least one timed run on live per week.

Current needs: 1 rdps (or multi role) permanent sub

[16m Meme Team] (Sun 9-12p EST): Recently formed group for farming 16m NiM (+ Rav/ToS) achievements

Current Needs: 2 rdps permanent members; 2 multi-role permanent subs

[Thursday Team] (Thu 9-12p EST): Another recently formed NiM group that is currently building chemistry and working towards timed run consistency.

Current needs: 1 rdps permanent member; 1 multi-role permanent sub

[HM Farming Team] (Sat 8-10p EST): Team designed to farm gear for alts

Current needs: Rotating roster

Recruitment:

Outside of our team needs, which are listed above, we are also recruiting general members for various fill-in opportunities as well as participation in weekly NiM pugs that get thrown together whenever he have enough bored members online. If we end up with enough interested members, new teams can be put together at any time.

Applicants are expected to have at least HM level experience and NiM potential (although more experience is preferred). Heals and dps must provide recent HM/NiM parses that showcase your best performance (both raid and dummy in the case of dps).

Our current recruiting priority is tank > rdps > mdps > heal, but all roles are welcome to apply and exceptional players of any role will receive a trial.

All applications must be filled out and submitted here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Lw3lE222krrVYGAu0bH6SEHU4KtQ5Vlg5oW2d4B6FEc

All approved applicants will become trialists. Trials will consist of completing one NiM operation which will be selected based on your class and role. Trials are scheduled in advance and we expect you to be on time and have at least studied the encounters (but we recommend you become familiar with all of the NiM encounters before applying).

Regardless of the outcome of your trial, you will be given constructive feedback on your performance. If we believe you're ready, an invite will be extended to you. Otherwise, we will let you know what to work on and what you'll need to prove in order to be given another trial in the future.

Contact

For further questions, please reply to this thread or contact the following in game or on discord:

Process This - Recruitment Officer (discord username: Process#0721)

Axomm - GM (discord username: AxommHarth#1621)

<Aeon> is a NiM-focused PvE progression guild. Founded on the Ebon Hawk server in early 5.0, we were the first east coast guild to clear all NiM content (pre 248 gear) before transferring over to Harbinger to network with a larger raiding community.

Well thats just a lie, you can claim EBON HAWK SERVER FIRSTS, but <Origin> on Jedi Covanent (EAST COAST BTW) killed everything before you guys and without having to import a bunch of raiders from another server that were already full cleared. Not trying to cause salt but i just want to make sure the information provided is factual!

:rak_09::sy_backpack:

Edited by Korkenknall

Well thats just a lie, you can claim EBON HAWK SERVER FIRSTS, but <Origin> on Jedi Covanent (EAST COAST BTW) killed everything before you guys and without having to import a bunch of raiders from another server that were already full cleared. Not trying to cause salt but i just want to make sure the information provided is factual!

:rak_09::sy_backpack:

This is the date of origins kill of Terror (which was the last boss they needed): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134294410

This is our date (also our last boss needed): https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/223280561098194944/381516841740402688/Screenshot_37.png?width=825&height=466

With that being laid out, the statement in the first post stands. We were the first east coast guild to complete ALL the NiM content available in the game (26/26). However, we're not entirely sure who did which boss first. If I'm not mistaken origin did Brontes first, whilst we did Styrak (or something of the manner). It doesn't really matter.

And the so-called "imported players" were members of Shadow Council in 4.0, which was the guild Eon splintered from anyways. In other words, they all had ties to Ebon Hawk dating back to the last tier, but whatever floats your boat of justification.

This is a recruitment thread and we are stating our credentials and a little bit about our history. At no point in time have we lied or given a false impression about our capabilities or achievements, so I'd refrain from speaking of subjects you cannot prove before you have hard evidence. Thank you for bringing this to our attention though, it's always good to verify the claims for veracity in the future!

This is the date of origins kill of Terror (which was the last boss they needed): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134294410

This is our date (also our last boss needed): https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/223280561098194944/381516841740402688/Screenshot_37.png?width=825&height=466

The date I highlighted the VOD =/= the date my group killed it. I don't remember the exact date we did it...

Also Paen, Sabz, Jaydenz, Buff, Veldix, Ken, Jaymis all sound a lot like Failure people... :thinking:

Edited by RussellRichter

The date I highlighted the VOD =/= the date my group killed it. I don't remember the exact date we did it...

Also Paen, Sabz, Jaydenz, Buff, Veldix, Ken, Jaymis all sound a lot like Failure people... :thinking:

Since you guys seem to forget that this is a recruitment thread, I'll gladly step in to clear up the air and the confusion on any of these touchy subjects.

Regarding the validity of East Coast first:

Since you don't seem to remember when you killed Terror NiM, it's fine, I do. It was April 5th (a Friday) and I was watching your stream and congratulated you guys on achieving the goal of killing all bosses prior to 5.2 as well. I was happy for your success, given that I didn’t like that the East Coast wasn’t as represented as it should be, and that we were being made light of, even by completing these achievements. I even remember asking you when you were going come raid on the Hawk with us! However, if you’re in doubt thinking that it was April 2nd (the Tuesday that we did it), that’s fair as well. We did it at 6pm EST, so I got you covered on that .

In regards to having the “Failure” roster:

One of those people you stated has never raided with Aeon in a team before. Another one barely a part of a team and I actually see them do more with you on Origin than I’ve ever seen do anything with us in Aeon. Also, of those names, a couple of them appear again in your kill video on Terror, which is ironic, given that of those names, those same members were brought in to Aeon too after our team was formed in the beginning of 5.0. We had three members that were originally from Shadow Council’s Platinum Team in 4.0 and continued raiding with me during Aeon’s early days, another from Shadow Council outside of plat team and one new pick up from the Ebon Hawk.

The other three came from Failure, yes, but what you seem to omit is the fact that 2 of them actually got a couple of their apex NiM clears with us in 5.0, not with Failure, but don’t worry, because everybody omits that in order to have a somewhat plausible argument that has no base whatsoever. Some of those actually got their Apex NiM clears in 4.0 with Shadow Council, but that’s a story for another day.

I’m not gonna name names, not gonna go back and look, not gonna go on a vendetta to find or prove a point for this simple matter:

GUILDS SHARE MEMBERS. It happens. You need fill ins, I need fill ins, everyone needs people. We progged it together from the beginning of 5.0 as a TEAM, not as a bunch of people who just showed up the last day to get the kill. They all were there, as members of AEON, since the beginning of 5.0 working on it together with our strats and what worked for our group. Some of them are Failure members, some are Sniper Science members, some are Origin members, some have quit the game. All of them are players and at, one point in time, had the Aeon tag. It is no less valid than any other kill you guys had and I don’t think any less of any team that shares members. Most of us are or have been Failure members at one point or another. Either starting off that way or joining it once we moved to Harb. As a matter of fact, I ALSO was a Failure member, and never took any credit away or tried to pass off their kills as ours or anything of the sort, nor will I ever do that.

Moving forward, I want to reiterate something here: This toxicity from the NiM community has got to stop in order for more groups and connections to emerge. I’m really shocked that you, Roscoe, of all people, would come over to our RECRUITMENT THREAD to try and disclaim and discredit our kill and our achievements, when we’ve done absolutely nothing to you or your people and I have only the utmost respect for Origin and its members (and even now, I still do). So it comes as a bitter sight to see how unfortunate and petty this whole situation comes off.

None of the people you listed are members or subs of our current main team and yet we still go out and get timed runs effortlessly. So ultimately, in terms of recruitment, all of this is irrelevant. We're doing our own thing, breezing through timed runs with a mostly unique group of core members and we're looking to expand that core by recruiting new people.

In closing, from this post on, Aeon officers shall only respond to comments about recruitment and trials. We have proved our claims, we have backed our share and we have spoken the truth. All trolls will be disregarded and left to starve under the bridge.

May the Force be with you all!

Edited by AxomHart

First of all congratulations to <Origin> and <Aeon> for all they've accomplished in game thus far. It's had to find good, quality nightmare content raiding groups these days. Everyone in those groups are fortunate to be in their groups, because these days are even harder to get into since openings are very limited. Now I've been playing this game since beta, and I hesitate to throw in my 2 cents in because two of the guilds has not existed since 3.0, but the argument was brought of which pre5.0 guild cleared what first in nightmare for East Coast server, Jedi Covenant, and I'd be remiss if I didn't give these people their due. The honor of nightmare server first belongs to the following guilds.

Explosive Conflict - <Ascension>

Terror from Beyond - <Ascension>

Scum and Villainy - <Ascension>

Dread Fortress - <Trillpug>

Dread Palace - <Torva Nex>

Believe it or not but <Ascension> and <Trillpug> were Pub guilds. Out of those 3 guilds, only <Torva Nex> still exist to this day. I do miss the good old days sometimes. :)

Edited by Saevurr

I've been playing this game since beta, and I hesitate to throw in my 2 cents in because two of the guilds has not existed since 3.0, but the argument was brought of which pre5.0 guild cleared what first in nightmare for East Coast server, Jedi Covenant, and I'b be remiss if I didn't give these people their due. The honor of nightmare server first belongs to the following guilds.

Explosive Conflict - <Ascension>

Terror from Beyond - <Ascension>

Scum and Villainy - <Ascension>

Dread Fortress - <Trillpug>

Dread Palace - <Torva Nex>

Believe it or not but <Ascension> and <Trillpug> were Pub guilds. Out of those 3 guilds, only <Torva Nex> still exist to this day. I do miss the good old days sometimes. :)

You realize he's talking about post 5.0 clears before 5.2 right?

Also your last link for Dread Palace directs to a video of <DoB> killing it, not <Torva Nex> btw xD

Edited by RussellRichter

Snip

First I just want to note that April 5th (as you quoted) was a Wednesday so it definitely couldn't have been a Friday lol.

Second, I don't recall the conversations with many of the people who were part of that group sharing your sentiment at all. The couple people who appear in my video are obviously there because they have been a part of that team for over a year and a half now and are still current members lol. Jaydenz had all her kills with my group prior to joining, Sabz had all his kills with group Orange and my group prior to joining, Ken had her kills with Dongos Dungeon Dredgers™, Paen had his kills with Dongos Dungeon Dredgers™, Jay had his kills with Emerald etc etc. I don't see any irony. I'm not toxic towards your group or any other groups for that matter, I just found the original statement to be a strange thing to boast about considering the majority of the people who were involved don't even feel the same way. Like you said, "in terms of recruitment all of it is irrelevant," which is why I question the original statement being there considering that group doesn't exist and only 2/8 of the people are in your guild now. Not to mention a similar situation as this happening on PTS...

You realize he's talking about post 5.0 clears before 5.2 right?

Yes I do realize that, hence the "hesitant"part. And I do know raiding post 5.0 and server firsts are totally different. But I do think that these players are forgotten way to easily, and if it weren't for their strategies, which are in most cases still valid, it would be taking many a lot longer to kill them post 5.0.

Yes I do realize that, hence the "hesitant"part. And I do know raiding post 5.0 and server firsts are totally different. But I do think that these players are forgotten way to easily, and if it weren't for their strategies, which are in most cases still valid, it would be taking many a lot longer to kill them post 5.0.

The post just seemed to be random and doesn't have much actual relevance to the things people were discussing lol.

Since you don't seem to remember when you killed Terror NiM, it's fine, I do. It was April 5th (a Friday) and I was watching your stream and congratulated you guys on achieving the goal of killing all bosses prior to 5.2 as well. I was happy for your success, given that I didn’t like that the East Coast wasn’t as represented as it should be, and that we were being made light of, even by completing these achievements. I even remember asking you when you were going come raid on the Hawk with us! However, if you’re in doubt thinking that it was April 2nd (the Tuesday that we did it), that’s fair as well. We did it at 6pm EST, so I got you covered on that .

We raided Sunday/Monday...

Edited by AjentWashington

Moving forward, I want to reiterate something here: This toxicity from the NiM community has got to stop in order for more groups and connections to emerge. I’m really shocked that you, Roscoe, of all people, would come over to our RECRUITMENT THREAD to try and disclaim and discredit our kill and our achievements, when we’ve done absolutely nothing to you or your people and I have only the utmost respect for Origin and its members (and even now, I still do). So it comes as a bitter sight to see how unfortunate and petty this whole situation comes off.

You call everybody toxic when you make a false claim and they call you out on it, c'mon dude. Drop the ego chasing, enjoy the game, and people will start to respect you.

Edited by Nestleza