New:? Ancient Crystal Tuning Device object on Tython???

Kerraii

In my goal of obtaining datacrons I came across an object ( Ancient Crystal Tuning Device) that is located in in a covered platform just before the Blue Matrix Crystal datacron shard.

Have I been missing this all along or is this new?

"The purpose of this device eludes you" is the message I got when I clicked it.

Any idea on this? 1.3 device?

• 8 years later...
Except it's no longer in use since the magenta crystals no longer require them.

Which is really a shame, since there was really no reason why that quest couldn't be updated. See also this. I don't even know if you can harvest any of the original unique mats at any of the referenced spawns, though I know for certain you can still get the refreshed buff from the access panels on moisture vaporators, because you need it for the Unusual and Mysterious Eggs to make Orokeets and Orosquabs, and I know you still get the debuff when you climb the Highmount Ridge mountain near Leth Outpost (as you can get it while hunting worthy jagganath targets for Qyzen's recruitment mission.) I haven't tried to make Pure Shockfrozen Water in a while.

I've heard a rumor that all of those crystals from that time, including but not limited to the Black-something color crystals that drop in TFB and such, can no longer be reverse engineered to obtain the schematics. The other schematics used to drop from the original level 50 world bosses, but I think that got nerfed because the world bosses got to a point where they were solo-able (before level sync in 4.0).

I have all of these schematics and it would not bother me one bit if they became available again through similar means. Although, I'd recommend that the champion Force Ghost be balanced like champions in planetary heroics, rather than a world boss.

Maybe a goal for the planned planetary content refresh coming Soon ?

Which is really a shame, since there was really no reason why that quest couldn't be updated. See also this. I don't even know if you can harvest any of the original unique mats at any of the referenced spawns, though I know for certain you can still get the refreshed buff from the access panels on moisture vaporators, because you need it for the Unusual and Mysterious Eggs to make Orokeets and Orosquabs, and I know you still get the debuff when you climb the Highmount Ridge mountain near Leth Outpost (as you can get it while hunting worthy jagganath targets for Qyzen's recruitment mission.) I haven't tried to make Pure Shockfrozen Water in a while.

I've heard a rumor that all of those crystals from that time, including but not limited to the Black-something color crystals that drop in TFB and such, can no longer be reverse engineered to obtain the schematics. The other schematics used to drop from the original level 50 world bosses, but I think that got nerfed because the world bosses got to a point where they were solo-able (before level sync in 4.0).

I have all of these schematics and it would not bother me one bit if they became available again through similar means. Although, I'd recommend that the champion Force Ghost be balanced like champions in planetary heroics, rather than a world boss.

Maybe a goal for the planned planetary content refresh coming Soon ?

It is a shame. I remember harvesting the nodes and getting those adegan crystals. It made it something special really.

It is a shame. I remember harvesting the nodes and getting those adegan crystals. It made it something special really.

And then cartel market crystals came out along with the +41 available at level 10 and pretty much wiped out artifice crystal crafting

And then cartel market crystals came out along with the +41 available at level 10 and pretty much wiped out artifice crystal crafting

There's still a few artifice crystals that don't have equivalents in the CM, and don't forget that all current Artifice crystals are *also* +41. (There are still a few lowbie mission rewards with +3 or +4 crystals, and I regularly get drops of 126-rated +31 crystals on characters of a certain age ... er ... level.)

There's still a few artifice crystals that don't have equivalents in the CM, and don't forget that all current Artifice crystals are *also* +41. (There are still a few lowbie mission rewards with +3 or +4 crystals, and I regularly get drops of 126-rated +31 crystals on characters of a certain age ... er ... level.)

The issue was CM provided +41 crystals able to be equipped at level 10 as Artifice ones had higher level requirements for +41(might still be not sure). That was a big difference with the cartel ones vs crafted ones which also did a lot of damage to sales in leveling crystals. Also, with CM, you get infinite copies of it as well. Buy one white crit crystal, get as many copies as you want. Still some unique ones that can be crafted if you were lucky enough to get some of the schematics before RE was taken out (and I did and still have some unique ones- the magenta, purple, black green, etc examples) but with gearing changes also taking away end game crafting on hilts and relics, Artifice just feels like a skill that has been crapped on for a while.