What are gonna spend monthly cartel coins on?

LordKaan

For me, I use them for one of two things:

If a direct-buy weapon, armor set, or GSF ship that I like has come out I will save up my CC stipend to buy that.

If not, then I will usually buy a Pack or two since I am an OCD completionist about Reputation and because I can usually turn any items from them that I don't want into credits via the GTN (and then use those credits to buy more Packs via the GTN to get that much closer to max Rep).

Well since we still get our monthly cartel coins on top of these bonuses I will probs get the armored veratactl that is 2400cc the 1500cc + the month coins between now and then should pay for it.

They also have that new sniper riffle on the market for 400cc I might get just not sure if I like it better than the primordial sniper riffle that my sniper is using already.

Edited by Master_Hitsugaya

at this point, I use them to account unlock armor sets and weapons and mounts in my collections (I like to have a variety to chose from on alts, their companions, etc). before that I got a bunch of legacy unlocks that would have cost me a crapton of credits, but with CC grant, were actualy pretty affordable (like ship GTN, rocket boosts, things like that)

I tend to buy packs for reputation and amusement off GTN. sooner or later, their prices drop like a rock and its cheaper for me with credits than it is with coins... and you cannot use credits for collections unlocks, so...

After the last round of gambling for armor, I'm done buying or spending them until they actually just offer up the armor sets I want directly on the market.

This is crazy, I know, but hear me out, okay?

Instead of spending money, real money, on packs that may or may not have what you want in them....maybe you should spend fake money to get the stuff you want off the GTN instead?

I realize this means you can't waste your money and it'd take away this particular excuse to complain about something that you yourself are doing to yourself, but honestly, it would just be better for everyone, all around, if you would just do this crazy thing and simply BUY THE THINGS YOU WANT OFF THE GTN INSTEAD OF PLAYING WITH REAL MONEY AND CARTEL PACKS.

Just an idea, take it or leave at your own discretion.

This is crazy, I know, but hear me out, okay?

Instead of spending money, real money, on packs that may or may not have what you want in them....maybe you should spend fake money to get the stuff you want off the GTN instead?

I realize this means you can't waste your money and it'd take away this particular excuse to complain about something that you yourself are doing to yourself, but honestly, it would just be better for everyone, all around, if you would just do this crazy thing and simply BUY THE THINGS YOU WANT OFF THE GTN INSTEAD OF PLAYING WITH REAL MONEY AND CARTEL PACKS.

Just an idea, take it or leave at your own discretion.

I've considered this before. You're assuming I'm sitting on a mountain of credits, I am not. What credits I do have is funding my crafting, skills, ect. I find them better spent that way than buying overpriced stuff off the GTN.

I have no problem using my monthly CC allowance or even throwing a few bucks for more CC's to get my character the way I want it to look. I don't have that direct option is what I'm complaining about, I have a slim chance to get what I want without using in game credits.

I've considered this before. You're assuming I'm sitting on a mountain of credits, I am not. What credits I do have is funding my crafting, skills, ect. I find them better spent that way than buying overpriced stuff off the GTN.

I have no problem using my monthly CC allowance or even throwing a few bucks for more CC's to get my character the way I want it to look. I don't have that direct option is what I'm complaining about, I have a slim chance to get what I want without using in game credits.

Well, if you're going to limit yourself to real-life currency, you have no real grounds upon which to complain about not getting what you want. You could just as easily buy Packs and resell them for credits and then buy what you truly want for credits.

Well, if you're going to limit yourself to real-life currency, you have no real grounds upon which to complain about not getting what you want. You could just as easily buy Packs and resell them for credits and then buy what you truly want for credits.

3 dollars = 150k? Not a great deal. Then again, my server's cartel packs are dirt cheap off the GTN.

at this point, I use them to account unlock armor sets and weapons and mounts in my collections (I like to have a variety to chose from on alts, their companions, etc).

This is what I'm also doing, for the same reasons. I'm saving quite a bit of money when I can get good-looking adaptive gear for all my companions from my collections instead of buying it from GTN everytime.

Well you could just buy packs and sell them on gtm for quick credits. It's like getting about 600k of free credits for just log into the game every month. In about ten months that will translate to about 6 million credits, which isn't that bad. When you factor in the credits you make by just running dailies or playing the game, then you should easily be over 10 million credits. Edited by Knockerz

If you want maximum credits for your cartel coins, buy a cartel pack with your monthly grant and sell it for no less than 200k credits, no more than 500k credits. Only buy the newest pack when it comes out and put it up on the GTN as soon as the 2 day "can't sell" cooldown wears off if you want to be closer to the 500k number.

After the last round of gambling for armor, I'm done buying or spending them until they actually just offer up the armor sets I want directly on the market.

That's been my issue. The market has been dry of direct buy armor for several weeks and decent armor for much longer..

I do think it is an utter shame that they do not do this. I would have gladly payed out for many of the past armor sets, rather then gamble via a pack.

I mainly save my CC for Cartel Packs which have something that catches my eye, or the odd piece of interesting gear they sell directly via the shop. If I do choose to get a pack, I never really regret it even if they do not have the piece I was looking for. The one good thing I do approve about the packs is the fact you can sell the items for some credits. and then buy the ones you want.