So many knockbacks in every Flashpoint!

Maybe I am the only one that have thought of this, and maybe I am gonna appear like cry baby now. But I just have to bring it up.

It feels, like every single silver mob (or higher) in every single Flashpoint (almost) has a knock back abillity. For me as a sentinel this is extremly anoying due to the fact that my leap and the abillity to start my rotation as quickly as possible is a big part of the playstule of a sent. I just jumps in, get knocked away right away (and often slowed) and has to run in and start my rotation.

This isn't a complaining thread about the knock back abillity itself, its not suppose to be super easy and pain free all the time. What this thread is about the fact that it feels like EVERY SINGLE mob has it...

I just want to know if anyone else has noticed this, and the reason why BioWare has such a poor imagination when they created the flash points.

Cheers!

Edited by Snoizer

Honestly (and please don't take this the wrong way) wait until the tank has started the pull/attacked that mob. Most mobs with a knockback use it as soon as someone attacks it at melee range/leaps to it. You wait for the tank to eat it and you're golden until it comes of CD.

This is the kind of thing tanks should be complaining about because it causes aggro issues, not DPS.

Honestly (and please don't take this the wrong way) wait until the tank has started the pull/attacked that mob. Most mobs with a knockback use it as soon as someone attacks it at melee range/leaps to it. You wait for the tank to eat it and you're golden until it comes of CD..

Yea you'r probably right. It's just that the HM FPs are so incredibly easy when you have full rakata/bh gear that it's not even slightly hard to jump in, take out a couple of standards/silvers and then stealth away letting the tank take over. It's so easy as a sent to do just that thing so it's hard to keep my fingers away, and I am not even close to dieng so it's not like I make it harder for the healers. I have never got any complains about it atleast.

Well, maybe I should start doing that. Get rid of a bad habbit. HOWEVER, I still think to many mobs have the knock back abillity, and that is what this thread is about primarily.

Regardless, tanks should be eating those because they have the tools to work around it or flat out immunity.

-Guardian (Hybrid/Vig spec) are the best ones to launch into those mobs because Unremitting stops them getting blasted.

-Vanguard and Shadow both have 10m range abilities to they don't lose too much getting back into range. Both also have pulls.

-Shadows also stealth in and usually have Force Speed up for the knockback.

That said, it sucks for a pure Defence Guardian. Standard opener of Leap -> KB -> lose aggro. They can run in -> KB -> Leap and get by though.

While I agree that an excessive number of mobs have KB, a Sentinel complaining about it is the same as a healer complaining that the boss has too much HP. Anyway, you should be killing weak -> strong, not leaping straight onto the strong mob. Be a good DPS and you won't have to worry about it. World trash is a different matter, but I find they have more stuns than KB.

As a Jugg tank I so know what you are talking about. Some flashpoints (yes, False Emporer, I am looking at you) are crazy with the knockbacks. On the other hand, almost every character class has at least one KB, so fair is fair I guess.

Not when the NPC's are given magical immunity.

While I agree that an excessive number of mobs have KB, a Sentinel complaining about it is the same as a healer complaining that the boss has too much HP. Anyway, you should be killing weak -> strong, not leaping straight onto the strong mob. Be a good DPS and you won't have to worry about it. World trash is a different matter, but I find they have more stuns than KB.

i will have your babies. i love when gold/silver mobs KB jump happy sent/mara because i just force grip or harpoon them and watch the slowed dps run back ignoring all the weak mobs on the way. i do it every chance and either they learn weak -> strong or i run around with silver/gold mob chasing me while i round up the weak mobs they should be killing.

Edited by vojinsa

World trash is a different matter, but I find they have more stuns than KB.

There is a Imperial daily on Ilum that is an absolute nightmare for leaping classes without cc immunity talent. The one with the signal towers. My marauder leaps in and gets knocked back twice before he gets up.

i will have your babies. i love when gold/silver mobs KB jump happy sent/mara because i just force grip or harpoon them and watch the slowed dps run back ignoring all the weak mobs on the way. i do it every chance and either they learn weak -> strong or i run around with silver/gold mob chasing me while i round up the weak mobs they should be killing.

Hmm, I always go for the weak mobs first but is still anoying. In some cases there is only silver/gold mobs in the group and when there is weak mobs you could still be be inside of the radius of the big guy when he/it uses the KB.

HOWEVER, for the third time, this thread is about the fact that KB is used to much in FPs and that is sign of poor imagination from the devs, not a "you'r a bad dps"-thread.

Hmm, I always go for the weak mobs first but is still anoying. In some cases there is only silver/gold mobs in the group and when there is weak mobs you could still be be inside of the radius of the big guy when he/it uses the KB.

HOWEVER, for the third time, this thread is about the fact that KB is used to much in FPs and that is sign of poor imagination from the devs, not a "you'r a bad dps"-thread.

And again: this is an issue for (bad) tanks. Good tanks have the tools to deal with these, be it increased range, KB immunity or pulls. Tanks should be triggering the KB by being the first one in melee range and the KB occurs instantly once that happens. If you're in range for the KB you're the one that leaped first. If you're on a weak and the KB goes off, its because you jumped first (or your tank is below average and didn't hit the KB mob first). I guarantee you are NOT killing weak -> strong and waiting on the tank if you are being KB as soon as you leap.

Once more: this is a bad DPS issue, not a 'too many KB' issue. The ones getting KBed SHOULD be the tanks who have tools to deal with them. The ONLY time you should be getting KBed as soon as you leap (really bad timing aside) is when you are the first one on a mob. Hence: bad DPS. Be a good DPS and it becomes a non issue. Gear makes no difference here.

On a side note, I'll take KB over 30 second channeled stuns that PUG DPS never interrupt despite being told 3 times to do any day. I also make special note note of face pulling marauders on my assassin and make sure to pull the gold mob they just leaped on well away from them. Sometimes they learn, most of the time they don't.

Edited by grallmate

On a side note, I'll take KB over 30 second channeled stuns that PUG DPS never interrupt despite being told 3 times to do any day. ...

QFT

I ran Kaon as a healer the other day and the other 3 just continued fighting while I was burned down by an infected mercenary, typing "Interupt pls", "Interrupt!!", "INTERRUPT", "Never mind I'm dead."

As a tank knockbacks are a cool challenge ... kinda like turnabout is fair play. I find that some of the more epic H4 and FP boss fights that use knockbacks seem to be keyed around sundering CDs. It's pretty easy to get to 5 stacks. But once you get there the bosses seem to do everything in their AI power to prevent the tank from maintining it. Not only from knockbacks but stuns as well. Should the sundering stack reset it becomes even more of a challenge getting them back - especially when multitasking and having to pull aggro off of the healer. I find this to be a welcome challenge, particularly if there is no OT. But that's just old school me.

Give me a ranged pull ability, a taunt, an aggro bomb and a few interrupts and I'm happy as a clam in salt water.

Edited by GalacticKegger