Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thank you for increasing Ranked Weekly from 20 to 50 (Wins counts as x5 and not x2).

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Thank you for increasing Ranked Weekly from 20 to 50 (Wins counts as x5 and not x2).

RikuvonDrake
10.25.2018 , 11:14 AM | #1
Hey,

So while testing big new content earlier during this week I noticed that the ranked weekly had it's numbered increased, instead of "Ranked Warzone Matches Played (Wins count x2): 0/20" it now said "Ranked Warzone Matches Played (Wins count x5): 0/50". I am very happy with this, having people play ranked only to gain the materials they gain from the weeklies is frustrating and ruins the warzone for 7 other players. Making it even worse is how common this is in Group Ranked, with players without shame making groups in General Chat on fleet for "mats farm", given it takes quite a bit of time to get a group ranked pop, getting into a match and having people just stand AFK or write /stuck isn't a great experiance.

Hopefully, with these changes, it will be far more uncommon for these type of game ruiner to be encountered while doing ranked.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

ebikenebi
10.25.2018 , 11:19 AM | #2
In the bad feeling podcast with PvP Devs David Demaree and Brett Hoffman a few months ago, they commented about ranked toxicity and said they agree it's a problem but that occasionally, if multiple different people in multiple different games comment on your lack of impact or contribution, the issue might be with the player not being ready. Continuously playing with these ranked "mats farmers" who have no intention of contributing is definitely a factor which can lead to frustration and player "lashing out".

RikuvonDrake
10.25.2018 , 11:20 AM | #3
I agree, hopefully, the removal of this game ruining element will improve the community and the ranked PvP experiance overall.

kukumburr
10.25.2018 , 01:17 PM | #4
Won't they just be in queue for longer now? Instead of afking through 20 games they'll afk through 50. I don't see how this helps.

CaptRogue
10.25.2018 , 07:29 PM | #5
That has got to be one of the DUMBEST ideas the Devs have had to try & fix something they view as a problem!

Ranked WZ's have always been toxic! Increasing/decreasing things will not stop that PvP elitism that seems to flow with it.
But what this is going to kill even more is the group ranked queue that actually was fun & popping last season. For the first time since joining this game, years ago, I ran granked & it was fun.
Since S10 has started it's been very quiet in pops. This will just put the nail in the coffin.

PLEASE Devs change this!!
Dean (GM) of <The Academy>
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

RikuvonDrake
10.25.2018 , 09:24 PM | #6
I am pretty confident that having to play every day with players who have no intention to win or contribute is a huge issue which reduces the enjoyment from playing ranked, solo as well as group. This change will make it a lot more difficult and time-consuming to just do ranked just to farm the weeklies for the material gain, I agree that the gearing system as it stands is suboptimal.

At the same time I would prefer that we rather deal with that issue than with this "proxy" issue which is ranked weeklies.

PetersCD
10.25.2018 , 09:45 PM | #7
I'll just throw this out here as my view. I'm a tenuous PVP'er. i'll do it when the mood strikes, but its usually not my first choice. As things stand i'm running at best 50/50 on win/loss. With the current setup that means 13 or so matches a week (7 wins for 14 and 6 losses for the remainder). With the new setup i'm looking at 17 or so matches assuming i keep the same win/loss. With the potential for it to get astronomically bad. I just won't bother. There are probably alot of people like me who play seriously, try to learn, but are mediocre at best who will look at the change and drop out. I'd guess these changes will probably reduce the mat farmers. They'll also shrink your pool of middling players. They won't do a damned thing about trolls who intentionally throw. Good luck with your queue time.

DarthCasus
10.26.2018 , 01:03 AM | #8
And people said ranked couldn't become more of a joke. If anything, they should increase the reward for unranked to compensate and deter afkers from going into ranked.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

Syal
10.26.2018 , 08:15 AM | #9
while the time ranked/unranked must be fusionned... it's about time to act !
SWTOR since 2012 !
Guild Force Unifie French PVE
The Leviathan

Joran-Koon
10.26.2018 , 11:42 AM | #10
Although I see this as a deterrent, it's certainly not a solution.
CMTs are such a huge component of gearing across the game (both PvP and PvE) and will become even more so in 5.10. if I want the 364 CMTs it will take to craft ONE of my characters a gear set, I have 3 options:
- PvP "mat farm"
- /gquit my guild to join one of 2-3 massive conquest guilds (of which there are no spots left), grind my 15k personal goal and then hope at the end of the week, I get a decent RNG yield of CMTs to Encrypted memory cores.
- or open up command crates in hopes of getting bless by RNGesus there.

Only one of those options is (1) guaranteed/ RNG free and (2) yielding the right amount of reward for the work. I did conquest goals on three toons 2 weeks ago....and got 4 CMTs. 45k conquest points for 4 CMTs or 1 weekly for 5....

If yall want the "mat farmers" out of ranked, give them a place to get the mats they need. I don't want to do Ranked PvP for them, I dont want to be there as much as you dont want me there....but I have few other options. So here we are...
Kalizo
Failure
Twitch