Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lightning sorcerer


ceazare's Avatar


ceazare
08.14.2019 , 04:31 PM | #11
Nightmare Brontes is a terrible gauge of viability. There isn't a hard enrage on that boss. Your chances of a successful kill go up with higher dps, but good tanks and healers (both in class and in skill) can buy you more time.

Idk what your point is. We're in 5.0. Current benchmark is gods nightmare. On those bosses, sages/sorcs represent from 0-5 % of total dps classes, based on starparse stats. TK/Lightning less than half of those.

Yes, the topic is old. But so is the meta. God I miss the times of class balancing every few months.
Pelara <Titans>

ottffsse's Avatar


ottffsse
08.14.2019 , 05:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ceazare View Post
Nightmare Brontes is a terrible gauge of viability. There isn't a hard enrage on that boss. Your chances of a successful kill go up with higher dps, but good tanks and healers (both in class and in skill) can buy you more time.

Idk what your point is. We're in 5.0. Current benchmark is gods nightmare. On those bosses, sages/sorcs represent from 0-5 % of total dps classes, based on starparse stats. TK/Lightning less than half of those.

Yes, the topic is old. But so is the meta. God I miss the times of class balancing every few months.
On GotM nim dot classes rule ... that is how that op is designed. Now on sorc the dot class is slightly under the "average" dps of all classes while viru/io is slightly above or at average...so there you go. I think the dot spec sorc is viable in nim gods but suffers a lot on nahut and needs to be carried somewhat on that specific fight, on the other fights in that op it is fine.
Click my referral, get free stuff:
http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ

LordGhoried's Avatar


LordGhoried
08.14.2019 , 07:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by zorngodofall View Post
It's not. Lighting has some of the best passive aoe and some of the best and most versatile AOE in the game. It's single target leaves a bit to be desired but the rest of it makes up for the spec a lot. I actually have by request a lighting sorc on my team. Both for its debuff and because it's actually good in a lot of circumstances.

Where are you drawing your conclusions from that it's bad
The single target dps is a joke compare to other class. But I am glad to read that you were asked to use a lightning sorcerer in a team. My point is not to demolish publicly the class, and your feedback is interesting. Perhaps I can be wrong on some points, but when fighting the same opponents with different classes I can notice a sever difference.

zorngodofall's Avatar


zorngodofall
08.14.2019 , 07:34 PM | #14
in pvp its different and I can't speak to how good sorcs are. They do usually end up at the top of the dps chart and it can be a good class if you get good at it. It's just about knowing what dcd's they have running, what part of their rotation they are at and other things. Sorc in pvp also gets a LOT of DR and SELF HEALS. Try being a mara in pvp, that **** is brutal.

Single target lighting sorcs arent terrible. They are kinda **** on a dummy, but so is carnage and I've mained that and succeeded very much so with it in every tier of gear. When I say I had a sorc main on my raid team, i meant things up to and including doing sales runs, nim gods and obviously all of the old nightmare stuff.

in terms of parsing in raid sorcs tend to be who I think i will have to compete against the most and the only time i've legitimately seen them struggle is on brontes burn and even then they can still parse just fine.

LordGhoried's Avatar


LordGhoried
08.15.2019 , 05:48 PM | #15
Thanks, I got a more clear idea of what is wrong and how to get around my problem.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
08.16.2019 , 08:22 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by zorngodofall View Post
in pvp its different and I can't speak to how good sorcs are. They do usually end up at the top of the dps chart and it can be a good class if you get good at it. It's just about knowing what dcd's they have running, what part of their rotation they are at and other things. Sorc in pvp also gets a LOT of DR and SELF HEALS. Try being a mara in pvp, that **** is brutal.
Fury maras are the second best pvp class after mercs (and are the best in tank/heal games) and are far better than both sorc specs in pvp, just to let you know.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
08.16.2019 , 08:55 AM | #17
Which one of you turds reported the juicy posts? I'm annoyed by the deletions
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

DarthCognusSion's Avatar


DarthCognusSion
08.16.2019 , 04:53 PM | #18
I guess some people just can't handle it when others tell them just how wrong they are. Funny that my post got removed, but it doesn't change the fact that whiny threads like these are childish, misinformed, and have been reposted so many times over the years i can't tell if the people making them are trolling or just too lazy to actually look up any information on the topic.
Failure l That's Toxic
5/5 NiM Gods From the Machine

Destruction Incarnate

LordGhoried's Avatar


LordGhoried
08.16.2019 , 10:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCognusSion View Post
I guess some people just can't handle it when others tell them just how wrong they are. Funny that my post got removed, but it doesn't change the fact that whiny threads like these are childish, misinformed, and have been reposted so many times over the years i can't tell if the people making them are trolling or just too lazy to actually look up any information on the topic.
Didn't report your post, but returning players who have question regarding performance because they worry about pve and especially pvp balance in 2019, is understandable in my opinion, perhaps it's not yours. I didn't see your post, but from what you write here, it seems that this tread is making you upset. Why don't you just do something else, you are not really helpful, forum is full of other topics. Of course you do what you want, and so do other people, if you don't like their questions, no one forces you to answer; and if this has been addressed already in the past, keep in mind that we are not all hooked all year on this forum, and that some of us are returning after few months or years. I didn't know it was a crime to ask about the state of a class, doesn't piss me off when a new player ask class questions online on the fleet, and if it would, then I wouldn't answer. Swtor is not leading my life, but it seem pretty important to some, maybe too much.

LordGhoried's Avatar


LordGhoried
08.16.2019 , 10:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
On GotM nim dot classes rule ... that is how that op is designed. Now on sorc the dot class is slightly under the "average" dps of all classes while viru/io is slightly above or at average...so there you go. I think the dot spec sorc is viable in nim gods but suffers a lot on nahut and needs to be carried somewhat on that specific fight, on the other fights in that op it is fine.
And that's was a very helpful answer, thank you very much. I won't come back here since it is too toxic, but thanks to good players like yourself and others who gave some useful feed backs, which helped me to move on and to understand a bit more..