romance Companions

lawfig

For the most part the writers do a good job on the over all storylines. At least in my opinion. Including the romance options in the initial three chapters. However, When it comes to KOTFE and beyond they have seriously fallen down on the job. I've run all the various characters through all the content through OSSUS. If as my trooper decides to stay loyal throughout the content to their faction and romance, it pretty much sucks. The same really for all of them. If you don't romance Theron or Lana or Koth, once you FINALLY REUNITE WITH YOUR romance companion, other that the initial meet it really means nothing. Now that I've played through all romance options, original, and beyond. I'm kind of the opinion it doesn't really matter. For my trooper in particular I'm very disappointed that not more was made of the reunion with Aric or Elara. I was hoping they would be more included in content after the reunion but they are not. That goes for every other original romance option on every other type character as well. Either do romance options of leave them out. If you need help with that let me know. I'm a writer and your writers obviously don't understand the needs of those who chose one romance option or another.

Surely the developers will hire a random forum writer:rak_01:

That I seriously doubt and I'll assume sarcasm in your post. I just think they've done such a good job on most of the storylines and have stated many times choices matter, it just seems like, well they'd make the choices matter.

That I seriously doubt and I'll assume sarcasm in your post. I just think they've done such a good job on most of the storylines and have stated many times choices matter, it just seems like, well they'd make the choices matter.

I'm being sarcastic, yeah. Truly I don't mind the forum rant, its part of the day-to-day of the SWTOR forums, and I even think it sucks we don't have more romance content but I don't think asking Bioware to hire you is the way to do it... unless you too were being sarcastic in which case pardon my own sarcasm.I'll heavily disagree with you on how some reunions didn't felt satisfying as for me they felt but I do want more, but that type of content takes time and money. It's not as easy just hiring a writer, you have to get the VA to record the lines in all 3 languages, and a bunch of logistical things that may not be easy to do it. Especially for all companions, HOWEVER I do think that they can mitigate some of this by having the companions send you mail in case they're romanced about well... your romance. One of my favorite mails in the game was the email Lana sends you after Umbara and the events that happened there, it felt like an emotional mail that a romanced Lana would send you as opposed to your usual interaction with her. So more of them please.

• 2 weeks later...

While the love letters sure are nice I'd prefer that they use their development time actually implementing scenes.

It's sort of like being given a spoonfull of sugar when asking for a bag of candies. The sugar isn't horrible, but you'd rather they use their time turning it into gummies.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK