Legacy

OlBuzzard

Over the last few weeks I have made a number of posts regarding suggestions. They range from space stations to simple emote changes or modifications. I thought I would do a recap of some things and perhaps in the process make a better presentation to consider.

Legacy: It's what we leave behind ! For me playing MMO games and others .. has really been a learning experience. And one that (unfortunately) has began a somewhat different path the last week or so. I'll never be know for my PvP abilities... Not now anyways. There was a time ( playing another game)... that we could hold our own. But those days are gradually slipping away.

I do hope that these suggestions are some that fill find their way to make a positive enough impact enough that perhaps (in part if nothing else) find a home on SWTOR.

1. A new strong hold. This one should be a space station, perhaps on the outer rim. Perhaps it could be moved (for an appropriate cost in credits). IMHO this could fit as a hiding place for several charactors that may have went to ground during the dark times of KotFE and KotET. Perhaps it has recently been discovered and now makes a great FOB for Smugglers / JK / Sith / Troopers ... etc, etc

This station should have:

A. An over all design style on the interior that simular to the "City in the Clouds" from Star Wars "The Empire Strikes Back".

B. At least one observation deck to view the open stars around us .

C. Larger than Manaan ... but not any larger than Narr Shaddaa

2. More frequent interactions with our companions.. and hopefull these will be seen several months from now... Not just at the beginning of the our reunions. MAYBE .. even if we had a party (from time to time) of sorts at a chosen strong hold with as many of our companions as we choose that might be fun. I can just see a couple of them interacting togeather ! Oh my ... what a hoot !

Also: I have noticed SEVERAL threads to this end. That there seems to be a growing concern that those reunions might be no more than that of the one between Elara Dorne and the Trooper character ( now the alliance commander). That entire segment (yeah ... it's posted on the internet).. is a huge let down and way too brief.

3. Along those lines .. just a quick and easy update to lenghten the time lapse for the legacy emote "dance with companion". I think the current time is only about 3 maybe 4 seconds ? 12 to 15 might be better !

4. A litle down time.. R & R.. might be a good way to satisfy some of the posts requesting more and (if done correctly) ... repeatable interactions with companions. I personally wouldn't mind if that included a fishing trip on a SWTOR version of a bass boat !

:D

5. Updating companions with multiple options for items such as hair styles ... and maybe a little make over from a 3-D modeling perspective, (yes, that is something that I personally do) ... that would give a fresh updated review of the game as a whole. My original suggestion posts have more details. I also understand that this process is still somewhat limited due to the cost involved. It could also potentially prove to be troublesome for some computers to handle if the polys were not properly optimized... Yes.. It's more difficult than most people think... BUT NOT for those who do this everday for a living !

6. The introduction of new companions. Hmmm actually you know... There's an idea that we mentioned in great detail that kind of gives me an idea.. see the next suggestion.

7. Fixing a long list of items for PvP... Folks You'll just have to read the forums for this list. There are SEVERAL concerns. IMO... if the PvP stuff is not updated and given a fair make over we could be seeing the last days of SWTOR ..

(sorry folks that is the very real truth. No one asked me to post this... It's just my honest observation spread over several years and more than one MMO )

8. Starting a boosted character at level 65 ... post KotET. That would begin with the incodent on Iokath ? Just a thought on this one.. I'm not sure how logistically possible this might be .. ???

9. Alternate "room hook layouts" By that I mean that the way the programming is set up... it is entirely possible that the hook locations must be predeternined. Granted in many cases we can choose some "alternate sizes" ... but even then we cannot move those entire blocks from one side of a room to another (or in some cases a predetermined out door placement). Sooooo ... what if the dev team could come up with a compromise solution. Multiple room (or outdoor setting ) arrangements ? Mannan is one of those areas where that might be of benifit ... maybe. (just my opinion on this one)

10. Chewbacca memorial set for strongholds. This was the idea of another player who posted a few days ago. I like it so well I wanted to mention it again here !

Chewbacca playing the holo battle chess game:

I like this suggestion with the Wookie and the game !! There should be something VERY special done for this.

Hmmm ...

How about a "package deal" for the strongholds.. That would include the following:

1. A "special table" with curved seating (similar to the Corellian YT-1300 freighter) but with application for either ship or land base setting

2. A special commemorative Wookie seated at the table: NOT A HOLO version ... ( sorry But I REALLY HATE those things when it comes to main characters)

3. An active "holo chess game"

Just a couple more thoughts... good suggestion on your part . I like it a lot !

Legacy: I have a really special one coming that envolves the combination of TWO. One of them means a lot to me personally.

I'm still hammering out some details.

Please stay tuned.

Thank you all for your paitence. I do hope this group (though a pain in the butt with the wall of text ) ... is a better listing of what we have stated ... scattered over several pages , threads and generally scattered all over the place.

These are all my opinions and made in light of offering some small genuine contribution to the community.

Please feel free to add your special requests to this thread as well. Please offer questions about these ( please no rants .. those can be saved up for another occasion !

Thank You !

Best Regards

Edited by OlBuzzard