Amplifiers appear as active on companions

karimthejedi

Through in-game and forum research I have well established (to myself at least) that companions gain absolutely no statistical improvements from no, low, medium, or high equipped gear. So I'll start this off by saying I'm well aware of that thanks to many helpful members in the New Player section.

But...

What about Amplifiers?

They are the only "stat" that look active/highlighted even when equipped on a companion, while the other stats are clearly greyed out/inactive as per the above.

But Amplifiers retain their highlighted/texture/appearance as an indication of remaining active even when equipped on a comp.

So does anyone know if that's an indication that they provide the related bonus when equipped on your comp?

Try it: just place your gloves or helmet (with an amplifier) on your comp and you'll see it's the only stat that still appears to be active in comparison to all the other stats.

I've never noticed it, as I've mostly cm stuff on them. Would be interesting to check out. Also, just because it looks active, does it give the comp a bonus, ie,crafting, gathering, or even combat. Maybe a dev can wade in on this......or am I deluding myself they even read it.

Would be interesting to find out though, if anyone has tested it (nvm, void got there first and said they tested it...lol)

Edited by DarkTergon

I've never noticed it, as I've mostly cm stuff on them. Would be interesting to check out. Also, just because it looks active, does it give the comp a bonus, ie,crafting, gathering, or even combat. Maybe a dev can wade in on this......or am I deluding myself they even read it.

Would be interesting to find out though, if anyone has tested it (nvm, void got there first and said they tested it...lol)

Cheers man yeah it’s a good thing to note, but I think they remove that if I’m not mistaken as I was equipping my companions recently