5.0 rotations

Morteficare

Opener is Throw -> Charge -> Impale -> Ravage -> Vengeful Slam -> Shatter -> Force Scream.

Keep Impale, Shatter, Scream, and Slam 100% on cooldown. Use chilling scream with utility as filler. Use every procced Ravage.

I'm just curious. What's the reasoning for doing Ravage before Vengeful Slam in that opener? Wouldn't it be the other way around? The reason I'm asking is because Vengeful Slam has an actual cooldown where Ravage is only affected by Shatter. Or does it not really matter?

I'm just curious. What's the reasoning for doing Ravage before Vengeful Slam in that opener? Wouldn't it be the other way around? The reason I'm asking is because Vengeful Slam has an actual cooldown where Ravage is only affected by Shatter. Or does it not really matter?

purely cosmetic reasons because either way Vengeful Slam ends up in the same slot for the second or third time. Putting Vengeful Slam first does nothing in the opener as the cooldowns will force it to be delayed by exactly one GCD. This just looks better cooldown wise and on paper.

Parse for ppl who care. One of the first ones I did. http://parsely.io/parser/view/217129/1

Edited by GrandLordMenace

So chilling scream should only be used as filler, rather than trying to maintain 100% uptime on it's dot?

Also, I'm noticing I get riposte procs even though im at 110% accuracy, did they change how the skill works? And should I use it as filler sometimes?

So chilling scream should only be used as filler, rather than trying to maintain 100% uptime on it's dot?

Also, I'm noticing I get riposte procs even though im at 110% accuracy, did they change how the skill works? And should I use it as filler sometimes?

Yes, chilling scream only as a filler. I think riposte procs are due to a bug? Don't use it except for in PvP.

Is traited chill benefitial to Focus as filler? There's place for something in rotation currently, but i have hard time choosing which skill to put there.

It's definitely better than Slash as it does elemental damage vs weapon damage. Plus the number is a bit higher.

Rydarus, I'm curious. For whatever reason, Hew isn't being consumed by Warbringer. That means that you could (if you did charge follow by hew) get 3 Hew's in before warbringer fades, esp. if alacrity is higher. I've done it a few times, just depends on when hew procs.

Thoughts? It does more damage than slam, albeit it does consume more focus in this rotaion. Might be worth it for a burstier rotation.

Rydarus, I'm curious. For whatever reason, Hew isn't being consumed by Warbringer. That means that you could (if you did charge follow by hew) get 3 Hew's in before warbringer fades, esp. if alacrity is higher. I've done it a few times, just depends on when hew procs.

Thoughts? It does more damage than slam, albeit it does consume more focus in this rotaion. Might be worth it for a burstier rotation.

I'd rather not take advantage of bugs. Sounds interesting for PvP? I don't really see it for PvE tbh. Even with the execute normally you don't really use it.

I'm having better results for vigilance on a dummy maintaining all four dots, keeping sundering strike on cd and a filler priority of procced whirling blade>vigilant thrust>blade barrage w/ force focus>saber throw.

Obviously this is not how the developers intend the spec to be played. Rydarus' rotation feels much better, but in terms of pure numbers it seems freezing force, vigilant thrust and whirling blade all do more damage per activation than blade barrage.

Mind you I only just resubbed so this is testing in horrible gear w/o a set bonus, however I don't think that makes a huge difference to the rotation. Am I missing something? Can anyone else confirm?

Edited by FuryDelusion

I'm having better results for vigilance on a dummy maintaining all four dots, keeping sundering strike on cd and a filler priority of procced whirling blade>vigilant thrust>blade barrage w/ force focus>saber throw.

Obviously this is not how the developers intend the spec to be played. Rydarus' rotation feels much better, but in terms of pure numbers it seems freezing force, vigilant thrust and whirling blade all do more damage per activation than blade barrage.

Mind you I only just resubbed so this is testing in horrible gear w/o a set bonus, however I don't think that makes a huge difference to the rotation. Am I missing something? Can anyone else confirm?

Someone's welcome to challenge my parse RN. I think freezing force is a stupid ability in of itself so I like my rotation more. Freezing Force does not exceed the damage of any of the core rotational abilities, so I see little point in sustaining its dot.

Blade Barrage is resource neutral, so while freezing force may do more DPS, in net terms it ****s with the rotation more than blade barrage. In actual raids most of your sundering strikes might be replaced with freezing force tbh.

Someone's welcome to challenge my parse RN. I think freezing force is a stupid ability in of itself so I like my rotation more. Freezing Force does not exceed the damage of any of the core rotational abilities, so I see little point in sustaining its dot.

Blade Barrage is resource neutral, so while freezing force may do more DPS, in net terms it ****s with the rotation more than blade barrage. In actual raids most of your sundering strikes might be replaced with freezing force tbh.

Agreed, I DO prefer the 'keep everything on cd' rotation. Was mainly pointing out how much blade barrage's damage has been nerfed.

Agreed, I DO prefer the 'keep everything on cd' rotation. Was mainly pointing out how much blade barrage's damage has been nerfed.

They need to buff it. Our single target dps is mediocre according to the dummy logs compared to literally every other class. I've only done 3 parses but I'll find the time to do some more later.

On the upside, our aoe damage is even more insane, lol.

I could live without that. Here's what I would do:

Tack on to Zen Strike: Blade Barrage does 50% more damage when hitting a burning target.

If they nerf the freezing force talent, add:

Elemental Slash: Plasma Brand decreases the focus cost of the next Slash by 1 focus, increases the damage by 10%, and turns it into elemental damage.

This makes slash replace the slot that chilling scream took rotationally, nerfing aoe but not affecting the rotation.

Done.

Tack on to Zen Strike: Blade Barrage does 50% more damage when hitting a burning target.

Elemental Slash: Plasma Brand decreases the focus cost of the next Slash by 1 focus, increases the damage by 10%, and turns it into elemental damage.

This makes slash replace the slot that chilling scream took rotationally, nerfing aoe but not affecting the rotation.

Done.

Or just straight up buff blade barrage's damage, nerf the freezing force dot and use saber throw in the chilling scream slot (its cd fits quite seamlessly here actually). This would also make the rotation work w/o the use of force focus except in the opener and execute (if you go for extra dispatches).

Edited by FuryDelusion

Or just straight up buff blade barrage's damage, nerf the freezing force dot and use saber throw in the chilling scream slot (its cd fits quite seamlessly here actually). This would also make the rotation work w/o the use of force focus except in the opener and execute (if you go for extra dispatches).

Extra dispatches wouldn't really help. Not with the current resources balance. It's basically 100% neutral rn when played optimally.

Done.

This is a great idea... truly 50% might be a bit high but 30% would make it hit just in line with impale, which is pretty good damage.

Although if we are really that far behind in 1v1 damage then 50% would be something to reach for... or maybe 15% base damage increase (for all SW) and a 20% increase on zen blade

Edited by TBDNicodemus