Light Sided Sith = No red lightsabers?

Megadoomer

I have a level 12 Sith Juggernaut that I've been going Lightside (mostly) with. Does that mean once I hit a certain Light level I will no longer be able to use red lightsaber crystals? To me, red lightsabers are an iconic part of being Sith and even though I'm going Lightside, I'd still like to have that iconic look.

Red crystals are forbidden to any player with a total of 1000 more light side points than dark side points. You may be able to "cheat the system" by getting a pvp saber with a red crystal already installed, or just keeping your old one and upgrading the other parts. You are only blocked from installing new red crystals in sabers, not equipping sabers which already have red crystals in them.

Understood. Guess I'll try to be more Neutral in my choices and become a true Revanite.

Thanks.

I would avoid that as it will restrict gear and weapon use later on ( a lot of gear requires elevated LS or DS levels). My advice is either go LS or DS and max whichever side you go. BW has not really catered too much for neutral players in this game, gear wise.

There is a workaround but it means you can never modify your lightsaber again. If you equip a red and you then go lightside 1, you lightsaber is still eqipped and usable. Obviously they are not going to cripple you in the middle of nowhere.

BTW there are also weapon drops that contain red crystals and are not LS/DS specific and cannot be modified. Plus there are orange crystals which look almost red.

Edited by Owsley

you can STILL get a few red sabers. is is possible.

mainly from rewards. some of the rewards are non-alignment specific (unless you take the crystal out of the saber).

example:

Tatooine bonus series offers you a moddable saber with a red crystal. this saber has no restrictions. so, a light side marauder could then have a red and a green saber equipped at the same time.

There is a workaround but it means you can never modify your lightsaber again. If you equip a red and you then go lightside 1, you lightsaber is still eqipped and usable. Obviously they are not going to cripple you in the middle of nowhere.

BTW there are also weapon drops that contain red crystals and are not LS/DS specific and cannot be modified. Plus there are orange crystals which look almost red.

Actually if you cross over opposite of your LS's alignment it will remain equipped, but will be greyed out. In the case of my Sent's companion Kira her LS was useless, too. Required a scramble for some new LSs. :eek:

Edited by Veluthurk

Actually if you cross over opposite of your LS's alignment it will remain equipped, but will be greyed out. In the case of my Sent's companion Kira her LS was useless, too. Required a scramble for some new LSs. :eek:

It works the same way with Relics IE: if you have a LS relic equipped for Light Lvl 1 and drop below it, it greys out like you said and you can no longer use it for its active and the stats are no longer applicable (just tested it).

I'm assuming it works the same way with the lightsaber crystals--if they're greyed out you dont get the benefits of the crystal slot...which really isnt that big of deal if you REALLY want the opposite sided crystal.

It is the same way with The Republic.

As a dark sided Jedi, you can not use Blue / Green crystals unless you obtain a weapon with them already in it and change the other mods out.

Is that confirmed true?

When I hit Light 1 on my Inquisitor I could no longer use my lightsaber because the crystal was restricted to Light.

Of course I thought my entire saber was restricted and spent 16 DK badges for a "light" saber before I realized that it was just the crystal that was keeping me from using the saber. :rolleyes: