A Primer on the Emperor

Ranadiel_Marius

Very interesting stuff op. you pulled up stuff I didn't remember. Though the sw never met the emperors true voice (the JFK chapter III boss) just the one on boss, I assumed our next class quest is when we will meet our master. Correct me if I'm wrong, have been b4 lol

O_o I have no idea of what you are trying to say here. Only thing I can really make heads or tails of is the "Though the sw never met the emperors true voice" bit. And that comment is wrong. The SW meets the Voice on Voss.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I see it. At the end of the JK Class Story, aboard

the Valiant, the JK and companions are all awarded the Cross of Glory. When Grandmaster Satele addresses the Sith Lord, the JK has the option to speak up. Upon choosing an option, Scourge informs everyone he is staying to make sure the Emperor left no surprises.

Makes me think the JK only destroyed the Voice, and people on the Republic side are in the dark to the true Emperor's whereabouts. While, in the Empire, a new stage of in-fighting and power-grabbing surges.

Knowing how BW likes to put in little breadcrumbs and clues out in plain sight, I take it to mean that something will eventually unfold, and the JK will probably look back at Scourge and think, "Talk about irony..."

In a way, Scourge's vision will come true, in that

during the true battle with the Emperor, he will be alongside him/her, and bow to them once they hold the Emperor's power in their hands. And maybe, even, the whole Light/Dark alignment might have an impact on the ending, as well as to if the JK has children.

... remember Scourge promising to raise the JK's future children in the Dark Side should s/he have any? Yeah... Who knows? Could be a possibility. *shrugs*

In any case, I'm open to options.

Even more excited at the prospect of having another chance to rid the galaxy of darkness. :)

Edited by RepublicGurl

during the true battle with the Emperor, he will be alongside him/her, and bow to them once they hold the Emperor's power in their hands. And maybe, even, the whole Light/Dark alignment might have an impact on the ending, as well as to if the JK has children.

... remember Scourge promising to raise the JK's future children in the Dark Side should s/he have any? Yeah... Who knows? Could be a possibility. *shrugs*

Scourge's line about raising the JK's kids is what I call a "Legacy Conversation", every companion has one and it serves mostly as just a way to capstone the companion conversations by thme saying they'll always be with you and your line. Sort of explains the stat boost you get from the conversation and for Scourge it gives a possible explanation for how your JK's kids could be Sith in your Legacy family tree. I really don't think there is anything deeper that is meant from the line.

After the emperor "dies" at the end of the JK story he states that "if I must die then everything dies with me" and begins to crash the temple around him. I've always wanted to know if he is meaning something else entirely because "everything " is pretty small when he is just trying to crush the JK, his droid, and the handful of guards left. Wonder what happens then if he really dies.

Scourge's line about raising the JK's kids is what I call a "Legacy Conversation", every companion has one and it serves mostly as just a way to capstone the companion conversations by thme saying they'll always be with you and your line. Sort of explains the stat boost you get from the conversation and for Scourge it gives a possible explanation for how your JK's kids could be Sith in your Legacy family tree. I really don't think there is anything deeper that is meant from the line.

Ah, that makes sense. *nods*

After the emperor "dies" at the end of the JK story he states that "if I must die then everything dies with me" and begins to crash the temple around him. I've always wanted to know if he is meaning something else entirely because "everything " is pretty small when he is just trying to crush the JK, his droid, and the handful of guards left. Wonder what happens then if he really dies.

I almost get the feeling that the Emperor is announcing his intentions to the JK with that line. So whenever he gets aorund to returning, he might change game plans to whole-sale slaughter for the sake of whole-sale slaughter rather than his immortality. Hard to really say at this point though.

Very interesting.

One minor point; I suspect the Sith who visited Sel-Makor "decades ago" was Baras and that he laid the trap that eventually captures the Voice of the Emperor then.

That is what my current thought is(perhaps I should edit it to make that clearer). It still leaves a few questions unanswered which will probably never be answered, but it at least explains Baras's rise.

I loved the story. Very good indeed! But if you do not mind, I have a question ..... what about the conscience of the emperor? His plans over the galaxy? He really wants a galaxy thrives or just want a title to sit on the throne and have the right to kill whoever he wants and corrupt? Edited by Hawr

I loved the story. Very good indeed! But if you do not mind, I have a question ..... what about the conscience of the emperor? His plans over the galaxy? He really wants a galaxy thrives or just want a title to sit on the throne and have the right to kill whoever he wants and corrupt?

What about the Emperor's conscience?

As for the Emperor's plans, he doesn't want to rule the galaxy or anything like that. He wants to spend eternity living every single type of life possible watching as life in the galaxies ebbs and flows over the course of time.

This is incredibly well written! Great job! I do have something I have a doubt on the Jedi Knight's and Sith Warrior' alignment after future story:

According to Scourge's vision, he would take the Emperor's crown and place it on the Jedi Knight's head as he's holding the Emperor's power in his hands. Does this mean that once the Jedi Knight aquires this power he will fall to the dark side fully (If dark sided) and follow through with the Emperor's

original plan? Or if he was light side, which is most likely, what would he do with all that power? Completely obliterate the Sith from this era? Or maybe use his power to kill the Emperor's Wrath?

In the final confrontation against Baras, the Sith Warrior has the dark sided option to kill him, or the light sided option to spare him and send him away forever. What if he chose light side? Do you think we'd see Baras once again in a future expansion of class story? And I truly do believe that chapter IV will begin with the Wrath meeting the true Emperor, if not another voice, he's most likely going to be sent to kill the Jedi Knight who had the power to defeat the voice and I'm speculating that he may also be sent to silence the Jedi Consular as well sometime. So, do you think he'd be able to.... Become a Jedi if he's light sided and after he learns of the Emperor's true plans and maybe aid the Jedi Knight against the Emperor? Or go all psychopath and try to overthrow the Emperor with maybe the Sith Inquisitor by his side as dark side? Could you please tell me what you think on this? Thanks!

According to Scourge's vision, he would take the Emperor's crown and place it on the Jedi Knight's head as he's holding the Emperor's power in his hands. Does this mean that once the Jedi Knight aquires this power he will fall to the dark side fully (If dark sided) and follow through with the Emperor's

original plan? Or if he was light side, which is most likely, what would he do with all that power? Completely obliterate the Sith from this era? Or maybe use his power to kill the Emperor's Wrath?

No to all? I can't really imagine any of those being the direction that the story ends up taking. They certainly will not have the JK and Emperor's Wrath going head to head since they aren't going to have the classes confront eachother since that would require them to create a "canon" person for each class and then one of the two class stories would end up being non-canon after the confrontation. To date all class stories work in concert, and so do all non-class stories(with the caveat that only one side completed FPs where both sides can participate). They are not going to stop doing that in such a glaringly obvious way, at least not as long as they plan on expanding the storylines in the future.

In the final confrontation against Baras, the Sith Warrior has the dark sided option to kill him, or the light sided option to spare him and send him away forever. What if he chose light side? Do you think we'd see Baras once again in a future expansion of class story? And I truly do believe that chapter IV will begin with the Wrath meeting the true Emperor, if not another voice, he's most likely going to be sent to kill the Jedi Knight who had the power to defeat the voice and I'm speculating that he may also be sent to silence the Jedi Consular as well sometime. So, do you think he'd be able to.... Become a Jedi if he's light sided and after he learns of the Emperor's true plans and maybe aid the Jedi Knight against the Emperor? Or go all psychopath and try to overthrow the Emperor with maybe the Sith Inquisitor by his side as dark side? Could you please tell me what you think on this? Thanks!

I doubt Baras will return in any meaningful manner. We might get holo recordings of hima t some point, but I doubt they will bring him back as an adversary or ally. See paragraph above to my thoguhts on PC v PC quests as I am not retyping it(thoguhts apply to "allied" quests as well). And no a LS SW will not become a Jedi. And I doubt he will try and overthrow the Emperor....or at least if he tries I doubt it would work. The Emperor would jsut use his whole corrupting influence thing and convert the SW to his side if the SW tried to rebel since the SW hasn't gotten himself corruption immunity....or just kill the SW since the SW has surved his primary purpose already.

Ok, thank you for the clarification. But still, one of the mails the SW gets from one of the servants (don't remember who) states that he will have to go deal with the jedi that attempted this atrocity of attacking the Voice. So, Tol Braga and his core jedi group deal from JK chapter two? Since JK v. SW can't be done for your stated reasons. Or what because I seriously doubt there will be another Baras type character. Edited by Joluka

The emails never state that the SW will have to deal with the Jedi who attacked the Emperor. The SW won't go after Tol Braga's group because I believe the JK has the option of killing all of them, so they won't ever appear in any story other than the JK's since an appearance by them would create a canon resolution to some events in the JK storyline.

As for what comes next, I answered that in one of the Q&A questions. Short version is I expect there to be several 'false emperors' to arise from the ranks of the Children of the Emperor. Potentially there could be at least 8 of them and each character class must deal with one for different reasons.

As for the Emperor's plans, he doesn't want to rule the galaxy or anything like that. He wants to spend eternity living every single type of life possible watching as life in the galaxies ebbs and flows over the course of time.

I thought he was trying to become a physical god by absorbing the whole galaxy's "force energy" (memo to self: find better term) and then recreate life. Hmm, I may need to rewatch some conversations...

I thought he was trying to become a physical god by absorbing the whole galaxy's "force energy" (memo to self: find better term) and then recreate life. Hmm, I may need to rewatch some conversations...

Nope. He is very direct in saying his goals:

You discern a fraction of reality. Beyond these stars exist other galaxies, other worlds, other beings. I will experience or ignore them as I wish. I will spend eternity becoming everything: a farmer, an artist, a simple man. When the last living thing in the universe finally dies, I will enjoy peace and wait for the cycle to begin again.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't read much of it, sorry.

But from what I did see...

He was actually born on a planet known as NATHEEMA. it was also the planet he sacrificed for immortality.

He IS (was?) a sith pureblood.

Sorry, I know it sounds rude, but I couldn't help but correct you.

Didn't read much of it, sorry.

But from what I did see...

He was actually born on a planet known as NATHEEMA. it was also the planet he sacrificed for immortality.

He IS (was?) a sith pureblood.

Sorry, I know it sounds rude, but I couldn't help but correct you.

No he was born on Medriaas. He later conquered it and renamed it Natheema, but the name of the planet when he was born on it was Medriaas.

And what precisly is your evidence that he is definatly a Sith Pureblood?

Kudos on a great job i really enjoyed reading that!:)

Now for my opinions.

Well i actually don't think that we can create a timeline of what happened after the treaty of coruscant (ATC) because of bioware's legacy system it more or less depends on the player but your interpretation of it can be accurate also we shouldn't forget the fact that all these characters are related to each other somehow they can even be spouses so until a canon for this story shows up we are left to speculation but the fact that all these characters being related (and i include nemesis as related as well) may very well mean that they may eventually have to work together or fight with each other in this case anything can happen we just have to wait and see. In my opinion BW hasn't failed in the story department in any of their games yet.

As for the emperor i don't think that we will be able to kill him permenantly in this game sure he probably will show up as a raid boss but i dont think that he will be destroyed. The reason i think like this is because this game is an mmo and not just an mmo it's story based so we players need something at the end of the road a cliffhanger for us to expect new content etc. As in my case i play this game mostly for its story aspect and ending the emperor, in a raid would just be unsatisfactory for me. But of course that's just me. :)

Now for the emperor's intentions i don't think we can classify them as evil or that he is using the dark side to do everything he does. He seems to want to become a god in lamest terms. Now his idea is to consume everything why because of power well i think one would want more of a motivation than power to consume everything in the known universe :). In my opinion he is trying to become the living and the unifiying force themselves by consuming everything in the universe he will be the only one... or the one... the begining the end when i say this don't just assume planets imagine time and space itself being sucked up by this lunatic it would be nothingness and as he says i will watch the cycle begin again so in his opinion creating anew universe for himself but the idea is not to rule that universe i think the idea itself is becoming the force itself as it is the pinnacle of existance it is the goal both jedi and sith try to achive throughout their lives there is no death there is the force or my chains are broken the force will free me chains can easily be interpreded as your bond to life. The emperor though is different in one way that he wants to consume the force not become one with it but why? It can be really simple that he just wants to achieve the code but thats too lame and convinient it can be like Kreia his intentions may be good and he may want to rid the universe from the force by becoming and controlling it but thats redundant and resembels the reaper story also if you are creating the universe by using the force, wouldn't that give you a hint as by denying the universe that essence might just destroy it. Noo BW's writers are too smart for that so what else ?? Anything! The idea behind this being is that its unpredictibility and so far his amazing power for all we know this all act of jedi knight the dark counsel or the bussiness with the wrath can be his amusement to discard us when he gets bored, or he can have some form of weakness, maybe in the end he may destroy himself, maybe revan will come, maybe he will teleport himself to the future, maybe he will get what he wants bu none of us will be the wiser all we can speculate is that he plans to change something in the foce itself, witch i find fascinating beacause of how the force was implemented throughout the whole saga. With unlimited amount of options to choose from for this character im actually sad that one of them will be chosen to end his story. :(

PS: sorry for any spelling errors i kinda got exited at some places so i may have made a few of them :)

No he was born on Medriaas. He later conquered it and renamed it Natheema, but the name of the planet when he was born on it was Medriaas.

And what precisly is your evidence that he is definatly a Sith Pureblood?

Ahh, he RENAMED it NATHEEMA. Wow I feel like an idiot. Interesting.

And I do remember reading in the revan book mentioning somewhere he was a Sith blood. I obviously don't remember exact line, but it seems to really stick with me.

Sadly, I read it on a KINDLE, so Itll be hard for me to dig it up again. I remember it was more accurate to say he WAS a pureblood. After 1000 years of dark energy, his body wasn't just paled, it was deformed. If you saw him on Jedi knight act II finale... He was wrapped in bandages. I think that mummified creep IS his body so to speak.

I honestly thought the humanoid version we knights fight, was him, but he drew some dark-sided pale his crimson, went white.

I didn't mean to see rude last post. This is al very interesting to me. I apalogize for being so.. Oblivious.

Re read the part of the revan book where scourge talks to Nyriss after nearly killing her servant in his bed. When Shea revealing the conspiracy, I believe the pureblood reference is around there.

Kudos on a great job i really enjoyed reading that!:)

Now for my opinions.

Well i actually don't think that we can create a timeline of what happened after the treaty of coruscant (ATC) because of bioware's legacy system it more or less depends on the player but your interpretation of it can be accurate also we shouldn't forget the fact that all these characters are related to each other somehow they can even be spouses so until a canon for this story shows up we are left to speculation but the fact that all these characters being related (and i include nemesis as related as well) may very well mean that they may eventually have to work together or fight with each other in this case anything can happen we just have to wait and see. In my opinion BW hasn't failed in the story department in any of their games yet.

You can cite Legacy as a reason why a timeline is impossible, but that doesn't work if you really look at the stories. The stories are clearly meant to occur at the same time with certain events happening before others. The Legacy family tree is really more of an RP tool for RPs where you aren't playing the class storylines or for headcannon where all the characters exist simultaneously. It is possible through Legacy to create situations as shown in the story that are simply impossible to actually happen.

Easiest example is through the SI and SW. If you have your SI as the father or grandfather or some similar relation to your SW, with the implication that the SI finished his class storyline before the SW started his, it creates discontinuities. Main one being that Darth Thanaton is sitting on the Dark Council during the SW's finale despite apparently being dead for decades. And upon rereading your comment I'm not entirely sure what you were going for, I just launched into the Legacy tirade because you said "i don't think that we can create a timeline of what happened after the treaty of coruscant (ATC) because of bioware's legacy system."

I'm just going to bottom line this argument since I'm losing focus, there is a set order of events(even though we can only guess at large portions of it), and Legacy does not have any impact on the order of these events because the war is only reignited once and it occurs between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 for all classes.

Now for the emperor's intentions i don't think we can classify them as evil or that he is using the dark side to do everything he does. He seems to want to become a god in lamest terms.

I really need to add this to the FAQ section during my next update(whenever that is). The Emperor's intention is to become immortal so he can go to another galaxy and then live an infinite number of lives experiencing every type of life there is such as a farmer, artist or simple man. He states it outright. He isn't interested in being a god(well okay he'll probably live the life of an avatar of a god at some point, but he'll also be a baker once). All he wants is to see the infitite possibilities of life. Not an evil goal in and of itself, but his means(killing an enitre galaxy certainly is).

And I do remember reading in the revan book mentioning somewhere he was a Sith blood. I obviously don't remember exact line, but it seems to really stick with me.

Sadly, I read it on a KINDLE, so Itll be hard for me to dig it up again. I remember it was more accurate to say he WAS a pureblood. After 1000 years of dark energy, his body wasn't just paled, it was deformed. If you saw him on Jedi knight act II finale... He was wrapped in bandages. I think that mummified creep IS his body so to speak.

I honestly thought the humanoid version we knights fight, was him, but he drew some dark-sided pale his crimson, went white.

I didn't mean to see rude last post. This is al very interesting to me. I apalogize for being so.. Oblivious.

Re read the part of the revan book where scourge talks to Nyriss after nearly killing her servant in his bed. When Shea revealing the conspiracy, I believe the pureblood reference is around there.

Honestly I haven't read the book. x_x Bad of me I know. I need to pick it up sometime. However regarding the Emperor being a Pureblood, if it is from the Revan book then you are probably thinking about the Scourge encounter. In which case read the section "The problem with Scourge" as I have a discussion on that specific meeting in there and why it is inconclusive about the Emperor's true species.

As for the "mummified" body, evidence points to that being the Emperor's Voice when it was in a Voss body. I don't remember which section I actually discuss that though.

You can cite Legacy as a reason why a timeline is impossible, but that doesn't work if you really look at the stories. The stories are clearly meant to occur at the same time with certain events happening before others. The Legacy family tree is really more of an RP tool for RPs where you aren't playing the class storylines or for headcannon where all the characters exist simultaneously. It is possible through Legacy to create situations as shown in the story that are simply impossible to actually happen.

Easiest example is through the SI and SW. If you have your SI as the father or grandfather or some similar relation to your SW, with the implication that the SI finished his class storyline before the SW started his, it creates discontinuities. Main one being that Darth Thanaton is sitting on the Dark Council during the SW's finale despite apparently being dead for decades. And upon rereading your comment I'm not entirely sure what you were going for, I just launched into the Legacy tirade because you said "i don't think that we can create a timeline of what happened after the treaty of coruscant (ATC) because of bioware's legacy system."

I'm just going to bottom line this argument since I'm losing focus, there is a set order of events(even though we can only guess at large portions of it), and Legacy does not have any impact on the order of these events because the war is only reignited once and it occurs between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 for all classes.

oh i think you misunderstood what i was trying to go for there or maybe i wasn't quite able to tell it. I wasn't saying that your interpretation was wrong or anything but there isn't anything out there canon wise stating the details i understand some events must have happened before or after one another but BW has a strange way of implementing their gameplay elements into the storyline. They may remove darth thanaton from that scene and ad your grandfather kallig to it. But this is just speculation and probably not gonna happen as i said on my first post your timeline can be accurate but a lot will change with what the game is trying to do.

Secondly about the emperor well god was probably the wrong word to use there. What i was trying to say was his intentions evolve with him at first he is fueled by his fear of death thats why he tries to find immortality with this immortality though comes his hunger to consume well everything as you said he wanted to experience infinite possibilities of life but his ideas his intentions did start by saying i don't want to die... ever (this is not an actual quote) but eventually his intentions evolved into consuming everything in the universe therefore becoming the only remaining force.When i said a god i said in lamest terms the idea is that him trying to become the only being in the universe then eventually consume the universe aswell. The remarks i made after that were pure speculation but the emperors main idea in the story is not to become a being of pure power it is to become the only and every being there is.

And the evilness or the dark side well i wasn't saying that he was a good person but tried to say he was neither Light side creates harmony protects life while the dark side creates chaos it's idea is to destroy life two sides of the same coin one cannot exist without the other and they are always in balance .The emperor in this case disturbs the balance of the force by trying to make himself immortal thats why we cannot clasify him as a dark side force user or even evil.

Edited by Dranett

Now for the emperor's intentions i don't think we can classify them as evil or that he is using the dark side to do everything he does. He seems to want to become a god in lamest terms. Now his idea is to consume everything why because of power well i think one would want more of a motivation than power to consume everything in the known universe . In my opinion he is trying to become the living and the unifiying force themselves by consuming everything in the universe he will be the only one... or the one... the begining the end when i say this don't just assume planets imagine time and space itself being sucked up by this lunatic it would be nothingness and as he says i will watch the cycle begin again so in his opinion creating anew universe for himself but the idea is not to rule that universe i think the idea itself is becoming the force itself as it is the pinnacle of existance it is the goal both jedi and sith try to achive throughout their lives there is no death there is the force or my chains are broken the force will free me chains can easily be interpreded as your bond to life.

I think that the Emperor does indeed wish to experience life in all it's forms etc as he says but if you strip his motivations and intentions down to their very core, you see that he is terrified of dying. he is doing and trying everything in his power to avoid dying and achieve true immortality. A few NPCS have commented on it, but I really believe that is his core motivation.

That motivation is what makes the Emperor work on certain levels, BW wrote the Emperor to play on a fear that humanity has had since the dawn of mankind. How far would you go to avoid dying if you didn't believe in a God, afterlife, or ability to achieve oneness with the Force?

Playing on fears like this are what help make the Sith truly convincing and scarier than your typical psycopathic slasher, take Sidious and Anakin for example. Anakain's fall to the dark side started with his fear of losing his mother and the fear of losing Padme, Sidious took advantage of this and turned him from Anakin to Vader. How far would you go to protect the ones you love and what would you do if you failed to protect them? Once again it plays on a fear mankind has.

As I said, this is all just my opinion, but I like to look at the deeper motivations of characters, not just the oh, he did that because he is evil or he does that because he wants to kill everyone in the galaxy.

I think that the Emperor does indeed wish to experience life in all it's forms etc as he says but if you strip his motivations and intentions down to their very core, you see that he is terrified of dying. he is doing and trying everything in his power to avoid dying and achieve true immortality. A few NPCS have commented on it, but I really believe that is his core motivation.

That motivation is what makes the Emperor work on certain levels, BW wrote the Emperor to play on a fear that humanity has had since the dawn of mankind. How far would you go to avoid dying if you didn't believe in a God, afterlife, or ability to achieve oneness with the Force?

Playing on fears like this are what help make the Sith truly convincing and scarier than your typical psycopathic slasher, take Sidious and Anakin for example. Anakain's fall to the dark side started with his fear of losing his mother and the fear of losing Padme, Sidious took advantage of this and turned him from Anakin to Vader. How far would you go to protect the ones you love and what would you do if you failed to protect them? Once again it plays on a fear mankind has.

As I said, this is all just my opinion, but I like to look at the deeper motivations of characters, not just the oh, he did that because he is evil or he does that because he wants to kill everyone in the galaxy.

of course the core motivaton is fear of death but that was when he was mortal.He is or at least now he beleives he is immortal and his motivations changed. He doesn't want power though and he doesn't want to kill everyone just for the sake of killing everyone he wants to consume everyone and everything to experience them.

of course the core motivaton is fear of death but that was when he was mortal.He is or at least now he beleives he is immortal and his motivations changed. He doesn't want power though and he doesn't want to kill everyone just for the sake of killing everyone he wants to consume everyone and everything to experience them.

I'm pretty sure he isn't immortal in the truest sense of the word. yes, he's been alive for 1400+ years and continues to do so. But he can be killed, which is why he keeps his true body hidden, why he attempts to convert and then kill the JK(who is the Chosen One) etc.

Fear of his true body dying is what motivates his quest for power, it's what has motivated every quest for immortality in the epic sagas,poems and stories of humanity. I seriously doubt the motivation behind the murder of trilions upon trillions of citizens in the galaxy is due to a desire to experience life in it's different forms. Even if the Emperor is completely off his rocker, that's a pretty lame excuse for genocide.