Was anakin/darthvader ever actually not of the dark side

xnoxiousx

In episode 4 5 and 6 it made it seem that he was good before he was vader but....

He killed all the innocent people in episode 2 and has always wanted power.

Killed children in episode 3 and they made it seem like he was manipulated to the darkside no he always was before sith even got to him.

Also a plot hole.... Why does padme at end of episode 3 care so much he killed young children then when in episode 2 he killed all the innocent and she still married him and did not care. lol makes no sense to me get your priority's right.

If he had been raised by the Jedi since birth as was usually done during that era he would never have formed the attachments that drove him to kill the sandpeople or allowed Palpatine to manipulate him.

As for Padme... what personally bothers me the most about her story is when she dies during childbirth. While it is completely plausible that a woman could die from complications during childbirth (not to mention that Anakin force-choked the crap out of her just before), they explicitly state that she died for no reason at all.

To respond to the original question, yes I do think that as a child he was rather innocent. I think Lucas intended to show that it was his emotional attachments to his mother and Padme that caused his shift toward the dark side.

In episode 4 5 and 6 it made it seem that he was good before he was vader but....

He killed all the innocent people in episode 2 and has always wanted power.

Killed children in episode 3 and they made it seem like he was manipulated to the darkside no he always was before sith even got to him.

Also a plot hole.... Why does padme at end of episode 3 care so much he killed young children then when in episode 2 he killed all the innocent and she still married him and did not care. lol makes no sense to me get your priority's right.

Its not a plot hole, Anakin didn't kill any innocents in EP 2 he killed Sand People who are hostile to pretty much everyone and they kidnapped and tortured his mother to death.

If he had been raised by the Jedi since birth as was usually done during that era he would never have formed the attachments that drove him to kill the sandpeople or allowed Palpatine to manipulate him.

As for Padme... what personally bothers me the most about her story is when she dies during childbirth. While it is completely plausible that a woman could die from complications during childbirth (not to mention that Anakin force-choked the crap out of her just before), they explicitly state that she died for no reason at all.

To respond to the original question, yes I do think that as a child he was rather innocent. I think Lucas intended to show that it was his emotional attachments to his mother and Padme that caused his shift toward the dark side.

1. I agree with padme that also bother me but lets be honest the reason she died like that is because they needed kill her off someone how to fit the old movies.

2. Also i have nothing against them showing his attachments but they said in on of the original movies it was obiwan i think he said "he was a noble jedi knight seduced by the dark side" Im not really sure i can agree with that due to fact he really was lead by no one but him self and his emotions. The way he said it in originals made it sound like sith lord did it when he already did lots evil stuff fin episode 2.

Its not a plot hole, Anakin didn't kill any innocents in EP 2 he killed Sand People who are hostile to pretty much everyone and they kidnapped and tortured his mother to death.

Ummm last time i checked he killed the women and children who for all we know did not tortured any one and were innocent.

That's women for you, mental !

First of there are no inocent sand people.

They will kill outsiders no mather what age or gender they are.

I think it is already very clear that most people(including me) dont like that anakin was a whiny brat in the prequal's while vadar was accauly competent.

Also padme died because she lost the will to live.

Now i know you believe haters refuse to believe that is possibol but it is.

What i dont get is why anakin fell in love with a wemon twice his age(i mean the reverse is less icky)

Edited by internaty

I think it is already very clear that most people(including me) dont like that anakin was a whiny breat in the prequal's with vadar accauly appreach competent.

What i dont get is why anakin fell in love with a wemon twice his age(i mean the reverse is less icky)

Since when has age mattered? IRL people have fallen in love with one of them being 10 years younger then they are.

Star Wars is a incredibly immoral society. Thats why. The younglings were on their side, thats why she cared a little about it.

I think it is already very clear that most people(including me) dont like that anakin was a whiny brat in the prequal's while vadar was accauly competent.

she was only 5 years older than him

Edited by alienstalker

Here's what I don't get: what makes you - and you're not alone here - think that Padme was 25 in the first movie?

She wasn't. She was like 12 or 13. (And what's-her-face that played her was actually quite close to that age in real life when she made the movie; I remember because there were a lot of behind-the-scenes things on television while they were still making it and it was pointed out that the actress wasn't just playing an age, she actually WAS that age.)

And wow, could you be more sexist with that comment? It's ok for men to date younger women, but not the other way around? Just... wow.

2. Also i have nothing against them showing his attachments but they said in on of the original movies it was obiwan i think he said "he was a noble jedi knight seduced by the dark side" Im not really sure i can agree with that due to fact he really was lead by no one but him self and his emotions. The way he said it in originals made it sound like sith lord did it when he already did lots evil stuff fin episode 2.

Watch Episode 3 again.

He did not give in to the dark side on his own. He was corrupted by Darth Sidious.

The stuff he did in Episode 2 was pretty dark yes, but It wasn't caused by his desire for power. It was revenge for what the sand people did to his mother. While in Episode 3 all the evil stuff he does, I.E. kill the younglings, murder the Seperatist leaders, choke Padme and fight Obi-Wan (more or less in that order) was all because he believed he needed the full power of the dark side to save his wife.

That's the seduction, Sidious made him believe the Dark Side was the path he needed to take.

I think you phrased that wrong. Anakin was whiny yes, but he was in no way incompetent. In fact he was probably more competent in Episode 3 than Vader ever was.

Edited by SammyRath

Ugh you guys have it all wrong... Just pretend like episode I-III were a sad joke and didn't happen. If George Luc-*** was a better director we would have a trilogy of prequels that didn't suck. Since he was able to run around unchecked by the people who had the skill to make a good movie, like Steven Spielberg, we got 3 movies of mindless action and zero satisfaction to the original movies true plot. In my opinion someone should hijack his failure and make a new Starwars about the same characters but told the way it should have been. That is, not having Anakin pop out of the virgin Mary and have him build a legacy around being a powerful Jedi that turns evil. Not some tool who was the most powerful from birth..

Here's what I don't get: what makes you - and you're not alone here - think that Padme was 25 in the first movie?

She wasn't. She was like 12 or 13. (And what's-her-face that played her was actually quite close to that age in real life when she made the movie; I remember because there were a lot of behind-the-scenes things on television while they were still making it and it was pointed out that the actress wasn't just playing an age, she actually WAS that age.)

And wow, could you be more sexist with that comment? It's ok for men to date younger women, but not the other way around? Just... wow.

To answer your first question:

He was a short/small kid she was a fully grown wemon(18 atleast) in the phatom manance.

or atleas that is how old she looked.

Anakin was 10(offical lore) the episoide 2 anakin is a adult.

Atleast 18 by ours standerds.

That means officaly she had to be atleast 26 years of age when they first mated.

As for why it is commonly more execpted for man to have younger wemon then the other way around is:

A: in the past male's got married rule the household and wemon shut up cook cleaned and if they died the male would find a new one.

B: young wemon are bautyfull old wemon are not.

And yes there both sexistic but men are sexistic.

Edited by internaty

The whole "Padme lost the will to live" thing is total BS to me. Why did GL do that?

He had a perfect setup for the following and then just dropped the ball like he forgot what game he was playing.

Anakin was manipulated by Palpatine and his attachment to Padme. Since we all knew the ending of the story before it started, she had to die. Both of those things are clear.

So, here is what GL missed. The PERFECT opportunity at showing the true nature of the dark side AND ending the series with an amazing bit of irony.

She should have died due to the injuries sustained when Anakin choked her. In this event, The beautiful irony of the dark side would have been that Anakin fell to save the life of his love and in doing so actually caused her demise.

If GL had done that, then this thread would be about something deeper like "if you know the future, can you actually change it? Or, will your attempts to change it actually cause the outcome you know?"

If GL had done that, then this thread would be about something deeper like "if you know the future, can you actually change it? Or, will your attempts to change it actually cause the outcome you know?"

Stop arguing about the noob points and read my comment!!!

The whole "Padme lost the will to live" thing is total BS to me. Why did GL do that?

He had a perfect setup for the following and then just dropped the ball like he forgot what game he was playing.

Anakin was manipulated by Palpatine and his attachment to Padme. Since we all knew the ending of the story before it started, she had to die. Both of those things are clear.

So, here is what GL missed. The PERFECT opportunity at showing the true nature of the dark side AND ending the series with an amazing bit of irony.

She should have died due to the injuries sustained when Anakin choked her. In this event, The beautiful irony of the dark side would have been that Anakin fell to save the life of his love and in doing so actually caused her demise.

Anakin did technically kill Padme, just not in the way you think/wanted to happen.

Stop arguing about the noob points and read my comment!!!

I'd rather not. Too much rage in there.

To answer your first question:

He was a short/small kid she was a fully grown wemon(18 atleast) in the phatom manance.

or atleas that is how old she looked.

Anakin was 10(offical lore) the episoide 2 anakin is a adult.

Atleast 18 by ours standerds.

That means officaly she had to be atleast 26 years of age when they first mated.

First off, http://translate.google.com/

Second, she was 5 years older than him.

And yes there both sexistic but men are sexistic.

Speak for yourself, don't drag the rest of us down with you.