Kineticly Balanced spec 2.0

xIphonex

This spec is just ridiculously good at 1 v 1's and holding nodes! I have never been more in love with a spec like this!

Spec: Kinecticly Balanced 33/0/13

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/jedi-shadow/234/?build=022332001121023002120201120000000000000000000000000000000000000003222100012000000000000000000000&ver=20

Chukles (Jedi Shadow) :rod_tongue_p:

Edited by xIphonex

This spec is just ridiculously good at 1 v 1's and holding nodes! I have never been more in love with a spec like this!

Spec: Kinecticly Balanced 33/0/13

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/jedi-shadow/234/?build=022332001121023002120201120000000000000000000000000000000000000003222100012000000000000000000000&ver=20

Chukles (Jedi Shadow) :rod_tongue_p:

Are you running with a shield or focus? DPS gear or tank?

This spec should be ran with a shield. Right now I'm wearing dps gear and I think that's where this spec would shine the most.

I've only been shadow tanking for a month or so, please forgive my ignorance. But is this for leveling becasue I don't see how you could actually tank in dps gear without all the mitigation that is on said gear?

The little I've been in dps gear (leveled as kinetic) was pre level 20 and I was getting destroyed with the amount of damage I was taking. I shudder to think what that damage would be at max level without the gear that supports the spec.

This spec is in my opinion the best 1 v 1 spec for rateds and holding nodes for the 2.0 expansion. If I were to level in 2.0 I would most likely go the full tank tree just for the leveling experience. A tank with dps gear does lose survivability which you are correct on, but the amount of burst damage you put out is way better and easier to solo things. Obviously in huttball and voidstar defense you should be wearing full tank gear to prevent caps for a while. I would also recommend you to have a shield and pick up kinetic ward and bullwark because those really are the bread and butter of this spec. They make it pretty survivable and at the same tolken you hit like a truck. Hope that helps :-) Edited by xIphonex

I've only been shadow tanking for a month or so, please forgive my ignorance. But is this for leveling becasue I don't see how you could actually tank in dps gear without all the mitigation that is on said gear?

The little I've been in dps gear (leveled as kinetic) was pre level 20 and I was getting destroyed with the amount of damage I was taking. I shudder to think what that damage would be at max level without the gear that supports the spec.

Its a pvp spec, thats why its a spec for dps gear with shield generator

I'm trying to understand...

How this build is so different of the live 27/1/13 : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601MIrokrskbZzZf0cRM.2 ?

Actually, very few people use the 27/1/13 because it actualy perform poorly compared to the basic 31/0/10.

The problem? While using Double Strike to reset Project and charge Harnesses Shadows, and adding Force in Balance at top of this seems good on paper, when testing it throught parsers, we see that it is not at all.

Double Strike and Project cost in fact a lot compared to Slow Time to charge your Harnessed Shadows.

You need 7 rounds in average and 221 force point to get the 3 charges this way, while, with Slow Time, you need only 6 rounds and 99 force points to get them.

So, when using this approach you quickly reach a moment where your boosted Telekinetic Throw rate of use is limited by force regeneration instead of skill timers: after the first TK, you'll be force depleted, and need 10-11 rounds to charge it again, and this is if you don't use FIB nor any control skill (in pvp, that means a quick death).

So, what exactly, in your mind, changed in 2.0 that makes it suddently better than a Slow Time build?

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, very few people use the 27/1/13 because it actualy perform poorly compared to the basic 31/0/10.

I use 31/0/10 myself on both my Sin and Shadow with a Shield generator for PvP and switch to 2/31/8 build for when im doing Ops/HM's (Still wearing shield gen) so not to pull the extra agro from the tanks

I use 31/0/10 myself on both my Sin and Shadow with a Shield generator for PvP and switch to 2/31/8 build for when im doing Ops/HM's (Still wearing shield gen) so not to pull the extra agro from the tanks

Hu... ok, and how this does relate to the current topic?