EV & KP using Group Finder. How is it?

Looking for some feedback, from folks who have a chance to run these Ops(using the Group Finder). As someone, who can't commit to a regular raid schedule, due to work. Should I plan on setting aside 2-3 hours to complete this, with a total pug? Or are they pretty much nerfed, and are basically faceroll ignore all mechanics?

Even if they "nerfed" the ops beyond reasoning (oh wait they already did that), the bads still wouldnt be able to play EV properly. I did EV with all pug and right at the start they were so clueless. No talking at all. Wipe at the turrets.

As with all things, when the masses get at it if it requires any level of intelligence they will fail at it.

Like letting a pack of howler monkeys into a meticulously set up lab space with intricate puzzles.

They COULD try to solve the puzzles to get the food, or just crap on everything and make alot of noise.

Guess which thing the majority of MMO players do.

Did some KP

First boss done easily. Then one dps disconnects.

So after some waiting we decide to 7-man second boss, and do it easily again, and then another dps disconnects.

So we kicked the disconnected and then we were stuck with a group 2 tanks 2 dps 2 healers, and no matter what we did, we could not make it work so that we could queue for replacements for our 2 missing dps. It was impossible to get new people. Well that was the end of that.

Did some KP

First boss done easily. Then one dps disconnects.

So after some waiting we decide to 7-man second boss, and do it easily again, and then another dps disconnects.

So we kicked the disconnected and then we were stuck with a group 2 tanks 2 dps 2 healers, and no matter what we did, we could not make it work so that we could queue for replacements for our 2 missing dps. It was impossible to get new people. Well that was the end of that.

Yeah I had the same experience with KP. Got to the third boss, was a solid run and then bam 2 dps dc. I que'd for an EV, got in with some HM EC players and just wiped the floor with EV. Hope I don't jinx myself with this post :D.

I would say for the sake of the people you are grouping with, that you have plenty of time to do it. Did both KP and EV today, and lost a couple people throughout. Couldn't finish because we had only the last boss both times.

Stayed in queue all day looking for replacement, but no buyers. Never got my black hole coms :[.

No Ops through Group Finder thus far and i would suggest is likely to remain that way, i suggest more set up for organised groups with mumble or whatever so there was little interest yesterday but that may well improve as you'll only do fp's so many times but then you can bring your alts through doing them all on the way level appropriate.

There was sometimes a good queue in fps as its same server only i believe but it was fantastic, i did 3 totally new fp's to me and can't wait to do them all quite a number of times for the sheer enjoyment of them.

In the end you can see it all having to go totally cross server but AWESOME that theyve brought it in and loving it, but as for running ops Don't please hold your breath but we'll see in a number of weeks time.

Somehow I don't see most of the pug groups going through pylons or the kp puzzle droid.

Assuming they will even reach them.

Pylons are so easy now that you just can't fail at them on Story Mode.

Fabricator may be a bit more interesting, probably will require at least 3 players who've done it before.

In my 3rd group finder ops for EV, we finally got the first boss down without anyone going rambo or leaving etc. The smuggler gloves drop and 6 people need on it, when I'm the only smuggler. I was like: Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Pylons are so easy now that you just can't fail at them on Story Mode.

Fabricator may be a bit more interesting, probably will require at least 3 players who've done it before.

Fabricator will be interesting in a PUG. It really requires 2-3 button people who really know it well, or 1 person on directing on voice comms and 1-2 others to hit the buttons when told. Coordination is key in solving the puzzle and you can waste a huge amount of time if coordination and understanding is lacking.

The tricky part is the fight is easiest with 3 people on buttons (with 1 of them being a healer) as you can move the stack in a couple seconds and use the damage buffing vent more, but that can put a lot of pressure on your guys on the floor.

Tactically, I think this fight is quite interesting b/c of the tradeoff required in setting up your team. Do you go with the 2 tanks on the floor to swap and make the healing easier, but give up a lot of DPS potential by putting 2 up top? Do you use 1 tank on the floor to maximize DPS, but stress your healer?

Edited by Infalliable

Somehow I don't see most of the pug groups going through pylons or the kp puzzle droid.

Assuming they will even reach them.

The Pylons on SM are easy - you just need one guy on each side who knows what to do (there is no lockout on the consoles.) Fabricator, though, is somebody I wouldn't want to face in a pug.

Will not be LFG tool for kp again that was the worst night of my life.

Sure we got through the first 3 bosses (quite pathetically we may add), never as a healer have a seen a group get **** on that badly in a SM ops. If it wasent for me and the other healer they may still be at Bone.

Terrible damage avoidance

Nobody reads chat ("anyone not done this" "*silece*", "ok lets go", jarg and sorno pull to middle of room EVERYONE stands in fire spin)

Foreman crusher was ok since easy fight.

But first trash mob after that 5 wipes, i silently quit.

People had no idea what a CC was, they broke them whenever they wanted, they would not follow and directions they just went in and did w.e the wanted lol

So last time i ever pug kp not worth my time.

So could be a bit of a mixed bag by the sounds of it. Once youve done the rest give it a crack now and again but dont' devote to it and wait and see cos if tonight doesn't go too great theres every chance next run will be much better.

Good one, ill look forward to it then.

everyone quit after some people failed at the council... so i never the the black hole comms.

finding that the lfg tool finds the least paitent people possible.

lfg is awesome for people getting into the content, and helping explain the mechanics is part of operating a functional group

There are issues with replacing lost members; namely, it doesn't happen. After three people left Karagga's Palace today, we had to quit, reform the ops group with the remaining people, queue the whole group again and that way we got people in seconds - but we had to start over and not KP but EV instead. But that was a successful run at least.

Was very painful to drag through morons past kp and ev many times today (different chars for bh comms) im not saying im brilliant but come on common sense of healers heal and tanks tank not dps heal (scoundrels) and healers tanking!!! *** lol hope it gets better or the idiots give up

I haven't tried this, but you can't have any sort of group setup before you queue? I think thats kinda dumb if thats the case. I think it would be nice for guilds that are short a couple people. Same with running hm fp's I really don't want it to be all pug (assuming thats the case)