1.3 Character specific legacy perks

Iwipe

Hey everyone, this is post is to inform those not on the PTS about the 1.3 legacy perks and also serve as a point of discussion for these perks.

There are 4 categories: advancement, convenience, companion and travel. All of them cost credits and require legacy levels (max level was 30 for some).

The rest of the details are cataloged here: http://dulfy.net/2012/06/06/patch-1-3-legacy-character-perks/

What you guys think? I like the companion junk selling one, its cheap and having it down to 5 s its really nice. The quick travel to Black hole is also handy

Edited by Iwipe

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll definitely be buying the Rank 1 Speeder Piloting for all my alts. Rank 2 and 3 is a bit expensive so I'll probably pass on those.

The Capital World transport would be nice for new alts as it seems you're always going there anyway. Fleet Vanguard Vessel looks nice as well but it depends on the cooldown.

None of the others really seem worth it.

Thanks for putting this together Dulfy, great as always.

Honestly, if everything is as I read, I'm kind of disappointed. Questions I'd like answered

1) Class quest bonus is specific for the class quests (so 5-6 quests per planet?) or all storyline quests (class and planet) or all quests? (If this is only for class quests, I think it's highly overpriced as you can get similar exp with larger bonuses from PvP)

2) For Legacy of crafting, this only applies to crit crafting? or does this improve the chances to crit on crew missions as well?

3) What are the cool downs for the travel and repair droids at the different levels.

Thanks.

Anyone know the cooldown on the repair droid and field mailbox? They didn't copy my new chars over and I don't have enough credits on my old chars to check it out :(

Rank 1 = 1 hour cooldown on each.. don't have $ for further ranks at the moment.

also.. mail droid looks like a probe droid from empire with a spherical head..

and repair droid looks like the ship repair droid..

If you want screenies... /w raive'harbinger on PTS

-edit

Rank 3 of mail droid is 15 min CD (forgot to look when i picked up rank 2)

Edited by Blisst_uNF

Yeah, I was disappointed too. The skill I was most looking forward to- Celerity, the sprint buff, didn't make it into the patch at all. The exp buffs are only 10% with five ranks, that seems soo insignificant, especially to someone who has leveled many toons to 50 already. The crit crafting bonus maxes out at 3% with all three ranks. 3%!

I've been saving credits since 1.2, anticipating a spending spree for cool legacy perks. Honestly, none of these 'perks' are going to offer a significant boost to the game experience.

Rank 1 = 1 hour cooldown on each.. don't have $ for further ranks at the moment.

also.. mail droid looks like a probe droid from empire with a spherical head..

and repair droid looks like the ship repair droid..

If you want screenies... /w raive'harbinger on PTS

-edit

Rank 3 of mail droid is 15 min CD (forgot to look when i picked up rank 2)

Awesome, thanks!

Why have they massively nerfed everything? The exp bonuses were all 30% in the preview video. Unless your missing the fact that they are cumulative. (I haven't got on yet)

NVM

Edited by DarthZaul

Why have they massively nerfed everything? The exp bonuses were all 30% in the preview video. Unless your missing the fact that they are cumulative. (I haven't got on yet)

NVM

Yes they are cumulative, I have bolded that word to emphasize it :)

Copypasting from my locked thread:

-All bonuses are generic and don't account for the reality of the leveling experience. While Flashpoint or Space experience perks seem to be at a reasonable level, others, such as Class and Warzone, are not good enough.

-Why is exploration even a thing? And if for some reason exploring and fully opening up the maps on each planet is a viable way of leveling up the current bonus is too low to even matter. Does this apply to opening lore codex and datacron hunting?

-Missing a "stop EXP gains" perk. Could be an ability that players cast a buff on themselves to prevent EXP gains. I personally have no use for this but alot of people want this to enjoy their leveling experience without outleveling the content.

-Missing a "Priority Transport: Personal Ship" to teleport to your own ship.

-Bioware advertised the notion of "playing as we want". Well what about people who only want to do warzones while leveling? The warzone EXP buff is not good enough to maintain a relatively good leveling speed while doing only warzones. An increase in the bonus would be good, even if it means making the perks more expencive such as simply doubling the gains on each rank (4+8+12+16+20=60%) and making it cost more.

Same goes for Class missions. Leveling a character through class missions alone won't be possible because the exp provided is not enough to level fast enough to be at the same level as them.

-Field Mail Droid - does this only work on planet's surface or can it be summoned inside flashpoints, your won ship or operations?

I was referring to Siriano but was ninjad with the answer.

Someone said the sprint speed perks didn't make it in though?

Awesome, they added more speeder perks than just the level 10 use. Hopefully now you don't get dismounted by every mob pack you go even remotely near to.

Edited by DarthZaul

What I want to know is what people think about the required legacy levels for different levels of the advancement perks? To me they feel too high, especial the 20 and 25, as they are supposes to help a person with leveling alts. I mean how long will take a new player to reach these legacy levels and benefit from these XP bonus?

Now, I know I’m very casual, so maybe it’s not as bad as seem, but I only have legacy 10 with one 50 and several lower alts. It also seem while playing low characters you get little legacy gain and so it forces you to choose between playing your 50 over an alt, just to get high enough legacy level, to get the xp bonus.

I guess, I just want to hear what other think about this. It not that I think there shouldn’t be high level legacy perk I just think this is counterproductive.

Also, without all xp boxes bought, how useful is this really going to be? As I can only get first two for a whooping 6% and that doesn't seem very useful for that price.

Edited by TheSeer

Well since the server seems to have crashed, here's my thoughts as someone whose main is level 37 and legacy level 1. Experience buffs are only useful when leveling. They should be as useful to everyone, regardless of whether they are leveling 8 characters at the same rate or 1 character exclusively.

I think the buffs should have their costs slashed to a 10th and legacy level requirements set to between 1-5. They should also maybe be account wide, but if someone wants to opt-out one of their characters maybe they could only apply to characters that are part of the extended legacy family tree.

What I want to know is what people think about the required legacy levels for different levels of the advancement perks? .

At first I thought level 25 was reasonable because legacy level goes up very fast doing dailies, but then I found out that the exp required for a level starts increasing quite dramatically from level 20 onward so its quite a lot of work.

The Affection Gain "perks" are worse than useless. Seriously? 15% affection gain for 250k? That makes it MORE expensive than just buying gifts for your companions the normal way.

EDIT: This will only be somewhat less than terrible if it's made Legacy-wide, the % goes up to AT LEAST 100%, or if it's way, way cheaper than it is now.

Edited by SanguineSphinx

I think the buffs should have their costs slashed to a 10th and legacy level requirements set to between 1-5. They should also maybe be account wide, but if someone wants to opt-out one of their characters maybe they could only apply to characters that are part of the extended legacy family tree.

^ This is how I feel, as of right now I would not be inclined to spend my money until I reach legacy 25 and even that’s a big maybe, it just doesn’t seem worth it.

Well, I do wish the quick travel to the Black Hole were a little cheaper, but I guess I'm going to buy it anyway. The cost represents about two hours of doing dailies, which is worth noting since it's probably only saving you about five minutes each time you use it. So basically, you'll have to use it 24 times before you break even on what you paid for it.

Not ridiculous, but I almost just wish this were something we got for free, since if the rest of you are like me, you just like to get your dailies over with as quickly as possible so that you can move on to things you like to do more.

The Affection Gain "perks" are worse than useless. Seriously? 15% affection gain for 250k? That makes it MORE expensive than just buying gifts for your companions the normal way.

This is exactly what I thought and worst you have to get it for every character.

Very true, currently that one is a self-defeating perk.

Well, I do wish the quick travel to the Black Hole were a little cheaper, but I guess I'm going to buy it anyway. The cost represents about two hours of doing dailies, which is worth noting since it's probably only saving you about five minutes each time you use it. So basically, you'll have to use it 24 times before you break even on what you paid for it.

Not ridiculous, but I almost just wish this were something we got for free, since if the rest of you are like me, you just like to get your dailies over with as quickly as possible so that you can move on to things you like to do more.

Given how long it takes for Corellia to load on my computer, I would purchase it just so I get 1 loading screen instead of two.

It doesn't make much sense to have to buy all 3 repair droids either. You should be able to just choose the one you want since the more expensive ones have more features.

I highly doubt that.

You buy them ONCE and have them available for every character on that account.

Nope :(

Edited by DarthZaul