Medpacks... are you kidding me?!?!!?!?

Moshpet

Medpacs can now only be used once per fight. When a medpac is used during combat, another cannot be used until after combat has ended.

This is a huge mistake.

1- There exists no mechanic to determine when a fight over and the next mob begins for your character alone. Considering that there exists a bug where you companion agros mobs on it's own now.... this becomes even more problematic.

2- Group mechanics currently can not differentiate if you are out of combat if your party wanders off and attacks something while you yourself are trying to catch a second wind. This is clearly demonstrated by elevators that will not let you use them if you party is in combat, loot boxes that can not be opened and the like.

2a- Does anyone NOT see a problem when -1- member of a Operation is -stuck- in combat mode and no one can use a med pack????

3-This change was not asked for by the player community.

Edited by Moshpet

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.you dont need users feedback to make changes

and 1-2 try it before you complain, it might sound like its a bad change but TRY it before posting negative feedback. Lowering the reuse on pvp medpacks is a nice change, and the game does have systems inplace to track when your out of combat, if your group seems to be chain pulling try saying stop for 5 seconds its not like its a big deal really.

Edited by Cbrinegar

It wasn't asked for? Really? People were all over the forums stroking e-peen about how "easy this game is" and "I'm so good I can just faceroll everything in this game" and "you need to make it all so much harder for 'hardcores' like me." Well, that's what BW is doing. Instead of re-tuning dungeons etc., they'er making it all harder by nerfbatting healers and other resources.

I'm pretty sure alot of this nonsense BW is trying to pull in 1.2 is a giant case of "be careful what you wish for."

I agree that medpac's on a 1 per fight basis is complete BS. Unlike the jug/mar , assasin and other classes that dont have a heal its not an improvement because honestly how often do u come out of combat in pvp especially like hutball where its close corners. Edited by Azhat

and 1-2 try it before you complain, it might sound like its a bad change but TRY it before posting negative feedback. Lowering the reuse on pvp medpacks is a nice change, and the game does have systems inplace to track when your out of combat, if your group seems to be chain pulling try saying stop for 5 seconds its not like its a big deal really.

PvP?

What PvP fights are you in which last over 90 seconds? Healer vs healer? ROFL.

Maybe in Voidstar, as defender, I can see you being in combat > 90 seconds if you are amazing and never die. Maybe.

This change is a complete non-issue for PvP. This affects PvE Boss Fights tremendously, however.

It wasn't asked for? Really? People were all over the forums stroking e-peen about how "easy this game is" and "I'm so good I can just faceroll everything in this game" and "you need to make it all so much harder for 'hardcores' like me." Well, that's what BW is doing. Instead of re-tuning dungeons etc., they'er making it all harder by nerfbatting healers and other resources.

I'm pretty sure alot of this nonsense BW is trying to pull in 1.2 is a giant case of "be careful what you wish for."

If you need harder content, buff the enemies. Don't nerf the players. It only sows discontent.

Medpacs can now only be used once per fight. When a medpac is used during combat, another cannot be used until after combat has ended.

This is a huge mistake.

1- There exists no mechanic to determine when a fight over and the next mob begins for your character alone. Considering that there exists a bug where you companion agros mobs on it's own now.... this becomes even more problematic.

2- Group mechanics currently can not differentiate if you are out of combat if your party wanders off and attacks something while you yourself are trying to catch a second wind. This is clearly demonstrated by elevators that will not let you use them if you party is in combat, loot boxes that can not be opened and the like.

3-This change was not asked for by the player community.

Changes such as this are never requested by the community. However, it makes encounters easier to design around. Medpacs are the emergency, going to die, need health instantly type item. Being able to use them several times throughout the fight mitigates the encounter. This type of change was required for balance.

I am on PTS daily due to the need for real testing.

I know exactly how this is going to play out in pve, and if you actually read the conditions I stated, you'd see the problems I see.

If you need harder content, buff the enemies. Don't nerf the players. It only sows discontent.

I don't disagree with you. I'm just pointing out exactly why BW is doing it. What do you think is the easy-mode developer solution once they decide that forum trolls blathering about "it's too easy" as a way of bragging...that those people are the ones who should be listened to. Do they;

1. Re-tune the dungeons and boss fights to make them slightly harder and more challenging OR

2. Nerf healers to crap and then write a lttle code to essentially take away resources like medpacs.

Clearly, they're going with option #2 because option #1 would take more resources and time to do correctly.

Moreover, if this applies to the re-useable RAkata Medpac I worked so hard to be able to create, then BW can watch me play D3. It' sbad enough bichem barely has anything worth selling and isn't getting anything out of the crafting changes in 1.2, but they're also going to nerf the heck out of the one truly useful item we have other than the stims and adrenals? Are they also going to make adrenals one-use-per-fight fail crafts?

Edited by Blotter

If you need a medpack more than once per fight, you need a better strategy more.

(I could see this being a problem maybe on flashpoint end bosses if you are main tanking and both you and your healer are under-leveled or under-geared. That's about it.)

I am just curious what actually needs to be tried out. This is horrible change. Who cares about chain pulling, trash isn't an issue I don't think. It's going to be the boss fights. Example: Lightning Balls on SOA just got alot funner ;)

Edited by Lugosi

PvP?

What PvP fights are you in which last over 90 seconds? Healer vs healer? ROFL.

Maybe in Voidstar, as defender, I can see you being in combat > 90 seconds if you are amazing and never die. Maybe.

This change is a complete non-issue for PvP. This affects PvE Boss Fights tremendously, however.

actually i have been in plenty of wz's that lasted over 90secs without one death, in all 3 wz's in fact, yes it was a good team of good healers, but i still used my reusable medpak, the wz med pak and kolto regen, even my 32 sorc alt doesnt always die on every encounter in every game, and i have needed a med pak heal that was 1-2 mins from refresh... it does happen i assure you.

I am just curious what actually needs to be tried out. This is horrible change. Who cares about chain pulling, trash isn't an issue I don't think. It's going to be the boss fights. Example: Lightning Bals on SOA just got alot funner ;)

lightning balls on nightmare soa on the live servers aren't even that hard to do without medpacks if you know what you're doing (and thus, your entire group knows)

In my entire playtime in SW:ToR, I've never had to pop more then one medpack in a fight. So really this has to do with endgame mechanics and making the items much more strategic and less of a security blanket.

Good job Bioware, keep it up.

Just no. This is in my personal opinion a very poorly thought move that will impact all segments of playerbase from PvE in story missions, to Flashpoints, to Operations ...... ect.

Many is the time fighting an Elite or Champion Mob that was crucial to advancing storyline Med Packs and the possibility to use more than one over the course of the fight made the difference between winning and having to ask for someone to help out.

Not every class Has Heal skills, not every class that has them spec's healer, and last but not least not everyone gets a healing companion (other than ships butler).

actually i have been in plenty of wz's that lasted over 90secs without one death, in all 3 wz's in fact, yes it was a good team of good healers, but i still used my reusable medpak, the wz med pak and kolto regen, even my 32 sorc alt doesnt always die on every encounter in every game, and i have needed a med pak heal that was 1-2 mins from refresh... it does happen i assure you.

And you are constantly entering an exiting combat in PvP.

Also, in PvP, your group does not put you in combat if they are in combat. This is obvious, because you can, for example, meditate or stealth during Warzones while fighting is going on elsewhere.

The restriction is "per fight", not "per warzone", or "per flashpoint." PER FIGHT.

There is an icon which appears above your action bar. Its a yellow eye when enemies are near, and its a red "gun" in a circle when you are in combat. When that red gun disappears, you are no longer in combat. The medpack lockout it tied to that red gun (to being in combat). If you are "in combat" and you use a medpack, and you remain "in combat" for 91 seconds, your medpack will be locked out, unable to be used again. However, the SECOND you exit combat, the lockout is removed.

This affects Boss Fights in PvE, not PvP at all.

Edited by Zaodon

how can they design challenging fights around players being able to just pop medpacks every 90 seconds

deal with it bub

Because every boss fight has a "Pop your medpac during this" mechanic every 90 seconds, right?

Guarantee the majority of the players in this game use medpacks when they're low and haven't seen a heal from the healer. Oh**** moments happen, being a proactive player and helping shouldn't be removed because of "elitist" guilds that abuse the 90s on specific fights.

aye the only reason the grass is greener on the other side is because of the chemicals, now we are being moved to the other field where we are all going to die, because of chemical poisoning. and we have no healers, and they're taking our med packs. still the hardcore emos will be happy, they can say things like:

"this is a proper game now, i wiped 5 times last night, and i was only trying to do a class quest"

ok thats a bit extreme, and i don't really think it will be as hard as that. and i'm sure we will adjust, but i do agree this nerf assault is due to rubbish feedback for the last 3 months

And let me just point out:

Every crafter other than Biochem is getting a big "buff" in terms of making their crafting more viable and useful, etc., in an effort to start up an economy.

In contrast, with THIS change, BW IS NOW NERFING THE HELL OUT OF DEMAND FOR BIOCHEM PRODUCTS. Nerfed hard.

As I've said before: the trifecta of 1.2 unsubbing...sorc healer who took biochem and ended up on a low pop server.

Edited by Blotter

I can understand the change for PVE fine...no issues there...

But ooc mechanics in PVP are broken..I've played entire hutball matches without dying and without ever leaving combat... a 6-10min game where I can only use my PVP medpack once?

I've literally run away at sub 100 health to try and find a corner and have had to wait 20+ seconds before leaving combat, without having an enemy near me.. It's literally faster for me to just go ahead and die and respawn rather than try to get out of combat to use my regen ability.

Again..fine in PVE whatever...

A complete game changer in PVP.

If I go ahead and pug without a healer I don't want to face a situation where it's faster for me to suicide and get back into the game then for me to try and get out of combat so I can reuse my medpack.

That isn't fun and I can only assume is contradictory to what the game designers intend to happen in PVP.

Edited by Foxcolt