For the love of Yoda...(re Pug ops)

Rant beginning.

If you invite someone to an OP and deem that he/she is undergeared and decide to kick, at least ***** apologize first. Tell me, and I'll drop group myself. Don't just boot me after 10 minutes of waiting together, without at least getting on your knees to apologize!

Story:

I'm a PVPer. I spend 95% of my in game time PVPing. I'm very very good at it (almost always #1 on my team now). I wear mix War Hero/BM gear. I spend roughly 5 hours a day PVPing (I have a fulltime job and a GF, I just sleep 3 hours a day don't ask). I don't even bother putting on my crap Tionese/Columni PVE gear anymore. My aims for PVE are not ambitious at all. Just an occasional HM BP/BT/Foundry here and there. I do want to do HM EV and FE and Battle for Illum. I jump at every opportunity to participate. BUT I KEEP GETTING RUDE *&*(*(KICKED. Without so much as an apology.

The thing that drove me over was so I got invited to a group for HM EV. I waited a minute, nobody kicked me. We were 7/8 looking for 1 more tank. I thought wow I'm really actually going for real this time! So I dropped out of my PVP que with my guild (losing my spot on our main 4man), and headed over to Interfleet transfer and arrived on Ziost Shadow to head over to quest area. BAM, ON MY WAY TO ZIOST SHADOW I was kicked from the group. No "sorry for making you come all the way over here but you're undergeared." Nothing. I whispered "hey man why'd you boot me without any warning? you could at least apologize..." and the guy DOESN'T RESPOND.

And tell you what. I guarantee you I would have had the best DPS in that OP. I destroy in PVP. Seriously, some of these **** sticks need to get in on a WZ and learn a thing or two. I actually have a list of them now to focus fire myself and my premade if we ever run across them.

HM EV? Really? Come on. Not even a Nightmare difficulty, and frankly how freaking hard can it possibly be. Some people need to learn some ***** manners.

/end rant.

Edited by Artthen
language

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im tempted to say something dumb about gear up

.. but ofc your right, its common courtesy, a simple whisper is all thats needed.

I wasted roughly 10-15 minutes of my life traveling to and from start point expecting to raid with these guys. And I left my PVP premade (giving up my spot to someone else) so I also ended up having to play with a makeshift 2-3 man PVP for the rest of the night.

You can DPS a Hardmode op in Recruit gear, as long as your whole team isn't in recruit gear. Sounds like you're dealing with elitist, **** those guys. Battlemaster is good enough for HM ops, even if you're whole op group is in it.

If it was me making a group i would of course explain the reason and apologize before kicking.

But the thing is, it's partially your fault that you lost the time mate. You never know in advance with whom are you going to raid, what kind of people are they. What do they expect from you. So before joining you should always ask if your toon is ok for them in terms of gear, experience etc. That's the best way to be safe and avoid any misunderstandings.

You can DPS a Hardmode op in Recruit gear, as long as your whole team isn't in recruit gear.

This may work in a guild run where you have friendly guildies who are willing to carry you, but in no way in a PuG. PuGgies don't owe you anything and there is nothing elitist with this.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Make sure you let people know you're in PVP gear. That way, you either get the invite or you don't, and you're not wasting time.

That being said, a little courtesy is a good thing, and I'd have said something before kicking. Politely.

I went strait into hardmodes on my fresh fifty alt. Didn't have any issues. Found some pugs who were good enough to carry me a bit. If you got kicked because of your gear, it really was them who were lacking. They should have been able to carry you better, and they should have decided before inviting you if your gear wasn't good enough. Their fault all the way around. I would just try a different group. You should be able to get geared if you find the right bunch of guys. Edited by Pcolapat

Yep that's rude... no question!

now HM EV... well I don't know the stats on your PVP gear, but I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks is minimum gear to have to run this.

Our guild runs would be Columi gear + comms ear / implants as a standerd, with exceptions

y'know what I was thinking while reading your topic? you are complaing about elitism, while thinking you own everyone yourself and are the best player on the server.

have you actually .done. any hardmode ops before? from your post it sounds like you haven't. you are only talking about hardmode flashpoints. yes, you .can. do hardmodes in pvp gear (hell, my guild and friendly allies take me with them even though my gear is a clusterfck of columi/rakata/bm/wh) but that means you should know the general mechanics and the likes.

have you done eternity vault on normal yet?

do what everyone else does: add people you party with to your friendslist and when there are enough people online do runs with them!

you also mention your guild... why not run with them? or are you a pvp-exclusive guild? do you have any allied guilds that might take you in for a run? are you using vent/ts/mumble?

it might very will be that you actually .are. a good pve-player aswell, but people don't know that if they haven't run with you before. especially when they see you obviously do a lot of pvp they might think 'oh damn that guy is never going to be any good in pve'. how are they supposed to know otherwise?

apart from that I of course agree, they could have at least told you what was up or give you a chance. going by the time you set here I take you don't play on an under-populated server so they could have just done the first boss with you and see how well it goes.

(though yes, I agree, next time mention your gear and also mention that you do have some pve-gear but no rakata. rakata isn't needed for ev hm anyway, though)

Edited by amnie

Isn't so awesome that there's this amazing community here and Cross-Server PVP/PVE would totally destroy it!

/sarcasm

well, my server's community is indeed pretty awesome and we lack this kind of gear elitism (unless it's about going to denova in recruit gear, obviously)... but that may well be because you can be glad if there's enough people online to do an ops to begin with. you take what you can get :p

Yep that's rude... no question!

now HM EV... well I don't know the stats on your PVP gear, but I'd be curious to hear what everyone thinks is minimum gear to have to run this.

Our guild runs would be Columi gear + comms ear / implants as a standerd, with exceptions

If nobody in the raid has better than columi, then it will be hard but definatly doable.

A thought just came to my mind. Maybe your gear wasn't the reason for kicking you at all. It's highly possible that someone's friend just popped up and they replaced you with him. If this was the case, it's nothing really you can do. Just put the raid leader on ignore and move on.

I think the issue here is pugs are not meant to carry other players, most of the them form for HM operations to speed it out.

I know people say there is no difference and go do hard mode ops with pvp gear, but the thing it your not at optimum in terms of stats for a pve encounter.

If i was you OP, I'd get my columi from hard mode FPs 1st and than transition over to ops.

A few of the secondary stats to make you attractive to ops(of the top of my head for dps) is around 100% accuracy, 30% unbuffed crit and 75% surge.

Edited by Jonnara

They should have been able to carry you better

Is it just me who finds this funny? Random people who don't owe you anything should have been able to carry you better? I'm not protecting that guys in any way, you know my position from my previous posts. But still this statement looks funny to me.

The OP would not let some one in "crap" Columi PvE gear join a PvP pre made with him. Something to think about before everyone gets all sanctimonious and righteous.

Should people be more considerate? Yea, I think so. Should the OP let the group know he is in PvP gear when trying to join a group? Yes, yes he should.

Is it just me who finds this funny? Random people who don't owe you anything should have been able to carry you better? I'm not protecting that guys in any way, you know my position from my previous posts. But still this statement looks funny to me.

They invited him, then decided he wasn't geared enough and kicked him. To me I assume they thought when they invited him that they were good enough to carry him through, and then when they discovered they were not, they blamed him and kicked him. What is funny about that?

He could have joined a group that was better organized, had a little bit better gear, or some more skill, and he would have been fine.

Edited by Pcolapat

They invited him, then decided he wasn't geared enough and kicked him. To me I assume they thought when they invited him that they were good enough to carry him through, and then when they discovered they were not, they blamed him and kicked him. What is funny about that?

Pcolapat, Why would they have advance knowledge of there ability to carry him at all?

Plus been invited to a PUG does not mean you are entitled to be carry for gear right?

As with any game and or gaming activity, you join PUGs at your own risk, that's always been my motto.

Edited by Jonnara

Yea common courtesy to inform you that your being kicked should be expected.

Mind you I sometimes wonder if there's usually more to these types of Stories.

At the end of the day sometimes Op leaders need to make a difficult choice by considering the skill/gear/class mix of a group and it's ability to suceed. This is definately true in PUGS where the Op leader has a lot of unknowns.

That being said in a guild run for EV HM I'd have no problem taking a PvP geared player because as long as the overall gear level of the group is high it's not that difficult. Can't say if I'd feel the same about doing the same with a non-guild player though...

If it was me making a group i would of course explain the reason and apologize before kicking.

But the thing is, it's partially your fault that you lost the time mate. You never know in advance with whom are you going to raid, what kind of people are they. What do they expect from you. So before joining you should always ask if your toon is ok for them in terms of gear, experience etc. That's the best way to be safe and avoid any misunderstandings.

This may work in a guild run where you have friendly guildies who are willing to carry you, but in no way in a PuG. PuGgies don't owe you anything and there is nothing elitist with this.

The thing is,

how to gear if you cant go?

How to get experience if you cant go?

That "only with high end gear, only with experience" stuff that exist´s at wow inside the LFG is garbage - people demand and expect too much. Once the LFG is ingame it will become a nightmare for players like the OP here too.

People should learn that gear that drops in a dungeon cant be a requirement just like experience cant. People go there to get these things!

Edited by RachelAnne

The OP would not let some one in "crap" Columi PvE gear join a PvP pre made with him. Something to think about before everyone gets all sanctimonious and righteous.

Should people be more considerate? Yea, I think so. Should the OP let the group know he is in PvP gear when trying to join a group? Yes, yes he should.

well I did consider that, as my reply should show, but I guess it was a bit tl:dr (even for my own taste, I just get carried away at times. lol)

The thing is,

how to gear if you cant go?

How to get experience if you cant go?

That "only with high end gear, only with experience" stuff that exist´s at wow inside the LFG is garbage - people demand and expect too much. Once the LFG is ingame it will become a nightmare for players like the OP here too.

People should learn that gear that drops in a dungeon cant be a requirement just like experience cant. People go there to get these things!

while this is true and I agree 100%, it's much like a job application. the guy with the worse mark in math might be the better worker, but he might never get the chance to prove it because people with the overall super awesome report will be chosen first.